recumbent mono-blade fork

Stu

Guest
Hey guys

Have any of you guys ever used a mono-blade (single sided fork) set up?

I have one on my TT bike see www.sponsorstu.com and click oon trick kit, this one is made by Mike
Burrows (aero guru). He also makes em for recumbents, you guys will get far more benefit from these
than me as you travel so much faster. Well worth looking at.

Stu

My shockproof has one. It looks cool and has less drag. But it is heavier and harder to work on
(since it slides left, you must loosen the brake calipers). The spokes are also straight pull and
an odd size.

As I said, it looks cool.

"Stu" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
[q1]> Hey guys[/q1]
[q1]>[/q1]
[q1]> Have any of you guys ever used a mono-blade (single sided fork) set up?[/q1]
[q1]>[/q1]
[q1]> I have one on my TT bike see www.sponsorstu.com and click oon trick kit, this one is made by Mike[/q1]
[q1]> Burrows (aero guru). He also makes em for recumbents, you guys will get far more benefit from[/q1]
[q1]> these than me as you travel so much faster. Well worth looking at.[/q1]
[q1]>[/q1]
[q1]> Stu[/q1]

Thomas Sherman <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
[q1]> Mark Stonich wrote:[/q1]
[q2]> >[/q2]
[q2]> > Thomas Sherman <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>[/q2]

[q2]> > That's probably not a wheelchair hub on your Sunset. Shean had Phil Wood make him up a batch of[/q2]
[q2]> > custom hubs. I was at his shop when UPS dropped them off.[/q2]

[q1]> Mark,[/q1]
[q1]>[/q1]
[q1]> The front hub on my caliper brake Sunset looks identical to one of the wheelchair hubs on the Phil[/q1]
[q1]> Wood website. However, the disc brake compatible hubs on my Dragonflyer looks like a Phil Wood MTB[/q1]
[q1]> disc brake compatible hub modified for trike (single-sided) use.[/q1]
[q1]>[/q1]
[q1]> Were all the Phil Wood Earthcycles hubs custom made, or just the disc brake versions?[/q1]

Since I was not aware that the wheelchair hubs were available threaded, I had assumed they all were.
Could be I was wrong.

[q1]> It is a real pity that Earthcycles ended up not being a viable business[/q1]
[q1]> - if I had a large fortune I would make a small fortune by putting the Dragonflyer and Sunset back[/q1]
[q1]> into production.[/q1]

Hard to make money without making compromises. Shean wasn't one for shortcuts or 2nd best.