Recumbent motorcycle

Bill Hamilton wrote:

> I remember back in the day seeing an segment on Beyond 2000 (a tech show back in the '90s, thus
> the name) about a recumbent fully faired motorcycle in (iirc) England. Had outriggers that came
> down for stops and slow maneuvering, it was rather cool.

That would be the Peraves Ecomobile, from Switzerland. http://www.peraves.ch/ndexe.htm

http://www.bhpc.org.uk/

OK....I've seen it all now. $US 35K for a thumper (a 1 cyl bike) ! Still, at 1.1 sec for 0-30,
it's a rocket.

All right now.. How many of us bent-heads have motorcycles ?? I'll bet that MANY do. Mine's a
classic 77 Yam (but still 4 bents, too)

Enquiring minds need to know.....

"Dave Larrington" <[email protected]> wrote in news:bc6s2v$fie0b$2@ID- 120318.news.dfncis.de:

> Bill Hamilton wrote:
>
>> I remember back in the day seeing an segment on Beyond 2000 (a tech show back in the '90s, thus
>> the name) about a recumbent fully faired motorcycle in (iirc) England. Had outriggers that came
>> down for stops and slow maneuvering, it was rather cool.
>
> That would be the Peraves Ecomobile, from Switzerland. http://www.peraves.ch/ndexe.htm

This could be it. It doesn't look quite like I remember, but nearly a decade of development
could do that.

-Bill Hamilton

"Duncan Cooper" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> OK....I've seen it all now. $US 35K for a thumper (a 1 cyl bike) ! Still, at 1.1 sec for 0-30,
> it's a rocket.
>
> All right now.. How many of us bent-heads have motorcycles ?? I'll bet that MANY do. Mine's a
> classic 77 Yam (but still 4 bents, too)
>
> Enquiring minds need to know.....

I have none now, but in the past I have owned 5 motorcycles - two road bikes and three dirt bikes.
One of the road bikes was a Yamaha 500cc Thumper and one of the dirt bikes was a Bultaco 360. They
were the most interesting of the lot.

skip

[email protected] (Duncan Cooper) wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> OK....I've seen it all now. $US 35K for a thumper (a 1 cyl bike) ! Still, at 1.1 sec for 0-30,
> it's a rocket.
>
> All right now.. How many of us bent-heads have motorcycles ?? I'll bet that MANY do. Mine's a
> classic 77 Yam (but still 4 bents, too)
>
> Enquiring minds need to know.....

I got a 93' Yamaha FZR 1000, at 136 hp it's a rocket ship or time machine, cuz I save a lot of time
when I ride it. Have over 35K miles on that bike. I'm starting to look for a new one maybe a R-1 or
Ducati 996 perhaps.....I love motorcycles, I think I missed my calling sometimes Freddy

Ken Kobayashi wrote:

> There's also the BMW C1 scooter:
>
> http://www.bmw-c1.com/
>
> Not exactly a "recumbent" riding position, but it does have a seatback. It also has seat belts and
> a roof with roll cage. I think I'd get one if it were available here...

There's a very similar Italian one available now, though I cannot recall who makes it.
<ob_recumbent> sometime top BHPC racer Nigel Brown has one </ob_recumbent> Dave Larrington -
http://www.legslarry.beerdrinkers.co.uk/
http://www.bhpc.org.uk/

Sure have seen it. Dan Gurney is a role model for me. Not very many people are able to design,
build, and then win at the highest level like he has. Just love how it looks so close to my
Pursuit's with fairings. There was a time when I would buy a new motorcycle every year. These days I
get a new bicycle every year. Still have a 78 500 Yamaha thumper. Dual purpose style. Don't ride it
much but wouldn't get rid of it. Keep thinking I'll turn it into an Alligator. That is, after I
finish the lastest streamliner. Steve "Speedy" Delaire

John Rooker wrote:

> Don't know if this bike has been mentioned here, but it looks like fun: Expensive, but fun. :)
>
> http://www.allamericanracers.com/alligator/alligator_home.html

Would that be a TT500?

I'm thinking that my next bike is going to be a Pursuit. Probably won't be able to do it until next
spring, though.

On Wed, 11 Jun 2003 15:38:14 -0700, "S. Delaire \"Rotatorrecumbent\"" <[email protected]> wrote:

>Sure have seen it. Dan Gurney is a role model for me. Not very many people are able to design,
>build, and then win at the highest level like he has. Just love how it looks so close to my
>Pursuit's with fairings. There was a time when I would buy a new motorcycle every year. These days
>I get a new bicycle every year. Still have a 78 500 Yamaha thumper. Dual purpose style. Don't ride
>it much but wouldn't get rid of it. Keep thinking I'll turn it into an Alligator. That is, after I
>finish the lastest streamliner. Steve "Speedy" Delaire

[email protected] ([email protected]) wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>... <snip>
> I got a 93' Yamaha FZR 1000, at 136 hp it's a rocket ship or time machine, cuz I save a lot of
> time when I ride it. Have over 35K miles on that bike. I'm starting to look for a new one maybe a
> R-1 or Ducati 996 perhaps.....I love motorcycles, I think I missed my calling sometimes Freddy

Have I got a class for you! -- http://www.fastfreddie.com/ --

Fast Freddy, meet Fast Freddie!

Jeff

Riding low on a bicycle is one thing. Ripping along at motorcycle speeds, I'd rather be up where
I've got a better view of what's ahead.

Steve McDonald

The dual purpose is a XT 500 Off road is a TT ... I had one of those too Have had 3 different
versions of these over the years. Never raced any of them. Great play bikes used to be able to ride
a wheelie anywhere with them. a little too chicken for that stuff these days Speedy

"S. Delaire \"Rotatorrecumbent\"" <[email protected]> wrote in news:[email protected]:

> The dual purpose is a XT 500 Off road is a TT ... I had one of those too Have had 3 different
> versions of these over the years. Never raced any of them. Great play bikes used to be able to
> ride a wheelie anywhere with them. a little too chicken for that stuff these days Speedy
>

> John Rooker wrote:
>
>> Would that be a TT500?
>>
>> I'm thinking that my next bike is going to be a Pursuit. Probably won't be able to do it until
>> next spring, though.
>>
>> On Wed, 11 Jun 2003 15:38:14 -0700, "S. Delaire \"Rotatorrecumbent\"" <[email protected]> wrote:
>>
>> >Sure have seen it. Dan Gurney is a role model for me. Not very many people are able to design,
>> >build, and then win at the highest level like he has. Just love how it looks so close to my
>> >Pursuit's with fairings. There was a time when I would buy a new motorcycle every year. These
>> >days I get a new bicycle every year. Still have a 78 500 Yamaha thumper. Dual purpose style.
>> >Don't ride it much but wouldn't get rid of it. Keep thinking I'll turn it into an Alligator.
>> >That is, after I finish the lastest streamliner. Steve "Speedy" Delaire

> Newsgroup Service in the World! -----== Over 80,000 Newsgroups - 16 Different Servers! =-----

My last dirt bike was a 96 XR600 (Honda) with a Baja Designs street legal kit. Loved that bike. Sold
it and a Honda Hawk GT to help finance my business purchase. Think drivers are too crazy to go back
to street riding these days (no dirt around here) so I got a Mazda Miata to be a 4 wheeled
motorcycle :)