recumbent quad

rob

Guest
Hi, has anyone seen a setup like on www.steppebysteppe.com.au

i'm curious about getting schlumpf mountain drive to use with a
rohloff speedhud but worried about the torque issues when loaded up on
a steep incline, as i am making a similar vehical to them

thanks

-rob

rob wrote:
> Hi, has anyone seen a setup like on www.steppebysteppe.com.au
>
> i'm curious about getting schlumpf mountain drive to use with a
> rohloff speedhud but worried about the torque issues when loaded up on
> a steep incline, as i am making a similar vehical to them

Just follow the Rohloff Speedhubs max torque guide lines and
you should be safe. I'm looked into combining a Nuvinci gear
hub with a schlumpf highspeed drive. But that doesnt get me
lower gears, just higher.

If i where to build something for a heavy 4 wheel "bike" i would
consider using a schlumpf drive and a sram dual drive. Possibly
with a double chainring on the schlumpf drive.

But having 2 riders and 2 schlumpf drives? i would make sure both
of them are in the same gear, along with all the other gears.

JonB