Recumbent tandem in major film

Bob Johnstone

Guest
I've just watched the trailer to an American film I saw advertised on
the side of a bus. The star of the film is shown riding both a upright
bike and a recumbent tandem. Perhaps the dark side is breaking into
mainstream cinema (and not just Star Wars) and recumbent cycles will
become (even more) cool. The name of the film? "The 40 Year-Old Virgin".
Oh dear.

Bob

Bob Johnstone <bob.johnstoneReplaceThisWithAnAtSignphysics.org> wrote:
: become (even more) cool. The name of the film? "The 40 Year-Old Virgin".
: Oh dear.

Yeah. If he'd bought a car he'd have got laid.

The struggle of people against power is the struggle
of memory against forgetting - Milan Kundera

Arthur Clune wrote:
> Bob Johnstone <bob.johnstoneReplaceThisWithAnAtSignphysics.org> wrote:
> : become (even more) cool. The name of the film? "The 40 Year-Old Virgin".
> : Oh dear.
>
> Yeah. If he'd bought a car he'd have got laid.

I seem to recall that being the implication of the byline of one of the
poster adverts.

Colin

Colin Blackburn wrote:
> Arthur Clune wrote:
>> Yeah. If he'd bought a car he'd have got laid.

> I seem to recall that being the implication of the byline of one of the
> poster adverts.

That's true, but the trailer shows a couple clearly enjoying themselves
on the tandem. I suppose we'll have to watch the film to find out
whether the bicycles are babe-magnets or nerd-accessories.

Bob

Colin Blackburn wrote:
> Arthur Clune wrote:
> > Bob Johnstone <bob.johnstoneReplaceThisWithAnAtSignphysics.org> wrote:
> > : become (even more) cool. The name of the film? "The 40 Year-Old Virgin".
> > : Oh dear.
> >
> > Yeah. If he'd bought a car he'd have got laid.

> I seem to recall that being the implication of the byline of one of the
> poster adverts.
>
> Colin

Gah! When will they 'get it' that cycling is sexy, think: muscular
shaved cyclists legs, fit in more ways than one, not to mention all
that talk of shiny helmets, lubricants, rubber, etc.

Blonde wrote:

> Gah! When will they 'get it' that cycling is sexy, think: muscular
> shaved cyclists legs, fit in more ways than one, not to mention all
> that talk of shiny helmets, lubricants, rubber, etc.

Not forgetting whips, nipples and pumping.

Blonde wrote:

> Gah! When will they 'get it' that cycling is sexy, think: muscular
> shaved cyclists legs, fit in more ways than one, not to mention all
> that talk of shiny helmets, lubricants, rubber, etc.

One look at all the baggy old lycra sported at the York Cycle Rally
knocks that image on the head

--
Tony

Anon

Bob Johnstone <bob.johnstoneReplaceThisWithAnAtSignphysics.org> wrote:

: That's true, but the trailer shows a couple clearly enjoying themselves
: on the tandem. I suppose we'll have to watch the film to find out
: whether the bicycles are babe-magnets or nerd-accessories.

Somehow I don't think I'll need to watch the film to guess which way
it pans out.

Bob Johnstone wrote:
> I've just watched the trailer to an American film I saw advertised on
> the side of a bus. The star of the film is shown riding both a upright
> bike and a recumbent tandem. Perhaps the dark side is breaking into
> mainstream cinema (and not just Star Wars) and recumbent cycles will
> become (even more) cool. The name of the film? "The 40 Year-Old Virgin".
> Oh dear.

Unable to concentrate on real work as a student is currently being
viva'd (4hours and counting)
I came across http://www.ridewiththeo.com/

...d

erics wrote:
> "David Martin" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> >

> > Unable to concentrate on real work as a student is currently being
> > viva'd (4hours and counting)

> brings back memories ... hope they get on okay.

Made it through OK. Much champagne has been consumed..

...d

David Martin wrote:
> erics wrote:
>> "David Martin" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>> news:[email protected]...
>>>

>>> Unable to concentrate on real work as a student is currently being
>>> viva'd (4hours and counting)

>> brings back memories ... hope they get on okay.

> Made it through OK. Much champagne has been consumed..

Excellent. I imagine your concentration's gone right up.
--
Ambrose

On Wed, 24 Aug 2005 09:02:09 -0700, David Martin wrote:

>> brings back memories ... hope they get on okay.

> Made it through OK. Much champagne has been consumed..

Congratulations to the newly minted Dr.
******, Homeless and Desperate

ps. don't have the right decoder to play that site on Linux.
Would be interesting - as the group knows I used to live in Geneva.

On Wed, 24 Aug 2005 17:29:13 +0100, John Hearns wrote:

> Congratulations to the newly minted Dr. ******, Homeless and Desperate

That came out without a line break.
Congratulations to the newly minted Doctor.

The second line was a weak joke.

John Hearns <[email protected]> wrote:
| Congratulations to the newly minted Dr.

Hm. I hadn't thought of serving them with mint sauce.
(I'm meant to be reading two theses at present...)