recumbents: a primer

Sam

Guest
If anyone has the time or inclination to write a humorous primer on recumbents, they will find a
receptive audience at bikereader.com. (Did I mention that it doesn't pay anything?)

"sam" skrev...
> If anyone has the time or inclination to write a humorous primer on recumbents, they will find a
> receptive audience at bikereader.com. (Did I mention that it doesn't pay anything?)

Heres one already written. Quite well too.

http://www.bicyclinglife.com/PracticalCycling/FancyBikes.htm

But better ask the author before you snag it.

One minor objection on my part is his calling tailfairings/tailboxes tailcones. (A tailfairing is
usually just an aerodynamic shell while a tailbox improves aerodynamics and carries stuff. This
comes with a weightpenalty tho.)

Pippettypip Mikael

news:<[email protected]>...

> One minor objection on my part is his calling tailfairings/tailboxes tailcones. (A tailfairing is
> usually just an aerodynamic shell while a tailbox improves aerodynamics and carries stuff. This
> comes with a weightpenalty tho.)
>
> Pippettypip Mikael

Excellent article; but I am not too sure about the last sentence in this paragraph -

Safety

Virtually all falls from a recumbent dump you unceremoniously on your butt
next to your bike. It is almost impossible to go "over the bars" and land on
your head. Very few crashes result in extensive road rash as is often
experienced in falls from higher bikes. Crashes with Trikes are virtually
unheard of.

Chris (ouch, ouch) Jordan Santa Cruz, CA.

My apologies: bikereader has gotten so big I forgot I already have a perfectly good story on
recumbents for beginners, sort of. (Thanks anyway, Mikael. The bicyclinglife thing is good, but not
really what I had in mind.)

Seamus: nothing bad has happened to me yet as a result of it. That's gotta be a plus.