Recumbents becoming more popular

Bill B

Guest
Thanks to webshots.com I can see the results of how many views per album there has been. So far
21,000 total views. Webshots also gives a total of the # of downloads of the various albums. The
downloads now total 84. Some of the people that have viewed my bent pics are hard core bikers [hogs]
that think bents are totaly cool . From the emails and phone calls I have gotten I would say that
recumbents are gaining fast.

[email protected] (Bill B) wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> Thanks to webshots.com I can see the results of how many views per album there has been. So far
> 21,000 total views. Webshots also gives a total of the # of downloads of the various albums. The
> downloads now total 84. Some of the people that have viewed my bent pics are hard core bikers
> [hogs] that think bents are totaly cool . From the emails and phone calls I have gotten I would
> say that recumbents are gaining fast.

I too recently crossed the line from wedgie to bent with an Easy Racers EZ1 SC Lite. I regeared it
to 38-53-62 x 11-34 so it goes fast and climbs too. I rode a Cannondale wedgie for years. In
February of 2002 I decided to do some long distance, multi-day bike camping trips. With the road
bike a century ride was a nightmare, 75 miles was miserable, 50 miles on consecutive days left me
asking the question "why am I doing this". In November 2002 I bought my bent. Now with my bent, 50
miles is a warm up for a day of yard work. I will be dong the 7 day Bike Florida in March. I am 53
years old and have never had so much fun on 2 wheels.

Peter Spirito

Peter Spirito

Peter...Welcome to A.R.B.R.
-----------------------------
"Peter M Spirito" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> [email protected] (Bill B) wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> > Thanks to webshots.com I can see the results of how many views per album there has been. So far
> > 21,000 total views. Webshots also gives a total of the # of downloads of the various albums. The
> > downloads now total 84. Some of the people that have viewed my bent pics are hard core bikers
> > [hogs] that think bents are totaly cool . From the emails and phone calls I have gotten I would
> > say that recumbents are gaining fast.
>

> I too recently crossed the line from wedgie to bent with an Easy Racers EZ1 SC Lite. I regeared it
> to 38-53-62 x 11-34 so it goes fast and climbs too. I rode a Cannondale wedgie for years. In
> February of 2002 I decided to do some long distance, multi-day bike camping trips. With the road
> bike a century ride was a nightmare, 75 miles was miserable, 50 miles on consecutive days left me
> asking the question "why am I doing this". In November 2002 I bought my bent. Now with my bent, 50
> miles is a warm up for a day of yard work. I will be dong the 7 day Bike Florida in March. I am 53
> years old and have never had so much fun on 2 wheels.
>
> Peter Spirito
>
> Peter Spirito

[email protected] (Peter M Spirito) wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> [email protected] (Bill B) wrote in message
> news:<[email protected]>...
> > Thanks to webshots.com I can see the results of how many views per album there has been. So far
> > 21,000 total views. Webshots also gives a total of the # of downloads of the various albums. The
> > downloads now total 84. Some of the people that have viewed my bent pics are hard core bikers
> > [hogs] that think bents are totaly cool . From the emails and phone calls I have gotten I would
> > say that recumbents are gaining fast.
>

> I too recently crossed the line from wedgie to bent with an Easy Racers EZ1 SC Lite. I regeared it
> to 38-53-62 x 11-34 so it goes fast and climbs too. I rode a Cannondale wedgie for years. In
> February of 2002 I decided to do some long distance, multi-day bike camping trips. With the road
> bike a century ride was a nightmare, 75 miles was miserable, 50 miles on consecutive days left me
> asking the question "why am I doing this". In November 2002 I bought my bent. Now with my bent, 50
> miles is a warm up for a day of yard work. I will be dong the 7 day Bike Florida in March. I am 53
> years old and have never had so much fun on 2 wheels.
>
> Peter Spirito
>
> Peter Spirito

I've toured for 15 years and after 2 years on a bent,would never ever ride long distance again on a
upright.I'm 57 two compressed disc ,I can ride all day no pain. Long distance is fun again. Another
plus I see so much more. Hey kids say cool bike and kids are never wrong!Well some times......
Screamer and V-REX (It's not what you ride,but that you ride) Von

Peter M Spirito wrote: <snip>
> I will be dong the 7 day Bike Florida in March. I am 53 years old and have never had so much fun
> on 2 wheels.
>
> Peter Spirito

That sounds an awful lot like how I describe recumbent biking to people. And now - wait until you
try recumbent trikes! I'll be riding Bike Florida, too. And it can't come fast enough. My 100
yards of gravel driveway has ice sufficiently treacherous that I wear golf shoes to walk the dog.
We're expecting a "wintry mix" that may include six inches of snow today.

--
Larry Varney Cold Spring, KY http://home.fuse.net/larryvarney

[email protected] (Von) wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> [email protected] (Peter M Spirito) wrote in message
> news:<[email protected]>...
> > [email protected] (Bill B) wrote in message
> > news:<[email protected]>...
> > > Thanks to webshots.com I can see the results ...
> >
> > I too recently crossed the line from wedgie to bent with an Easy Racers EZ1 SC Lite.

More bents are showing up daily in our (formerly) small town. The EZ-1 dealer here made a record
business on those Ez-1, EZ-3, and Currie motors. Impressive- not only for the summer tourist trade
this town relies on, but maybe (just maybe) high gas prices.

> I've toured for 15 years and after 2 years on a bent,would never ever ride long distance again on
> a upright.I'm 57 two compressed disc ,I can ride all day no pain. Long distance is fun again.
> Another plus I see so much more. Hey kids say cool bike and kids are never wrong!Well some
> times...... Screamer and V-REX (It's not what you ride,but that you ride) Von

The same dealer installed motors on mt S&B and TerraTrike. Every time I pass bikes, skateboards, fly
up hills, etc., I get that WHOA!! Cool! Look at that!!! Yeah, kids are not wrong!

Chris Jordan Santa Cruz, CA.

I think the web has had a lot to do with the spreading of information. I am glad that there has not
yet been any infomercial by a low quality manufacturer giving these things a bad name. You get much
more honest opinion veiw group like this one and the forum on bentrideronline.