Recumbents becoming more popular

Discussion in 'Recumbent bicycles' started by Bill B, Feb 14, 2003.

  1. Bill B

    Bill B Guest

    Thanks to webshots.com I can see the results of how many views per album there has been. So far
    21,000 total views. Webshots also gives a total of the # of downloads of the various albums. The
    downloads now total 84. Some of the people that have viewed my bent pics are hard core bikers [hogs]
    that think bents are totaly cool . From the emails and phone calls I have gotten I would say that
    recumbents are gaining fast.

    Tags:

  2. [email protected] (Bill B) wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > Thanks to webshots.com I can see the results of how many views per album there has been. So far
    > 21,000 total views. Webshots also gives a total of the # of downloads of the various albums. The
    > downloads now total 84. Some of the people that have viewed my bent pics are hard core bikers
    > [hogs] that think bents are totaly cool . From the emails and phone calls I have gotten I would
    > say that recumbents are gaining fast.

    I too recently crossed the line from wedgie to bent with an Easy Racers EZ1 SC Lite. I regeared it
    to 38-53-62 x 11-34 so it goes fast and climbs too. I rode a Cannondale wedgie for years. In
    February of 2002 I decided to do some long distance, multi-day bike camping trips. With the road
    bike a century ride was a nightmare, 75 miles was miserable, 50 miles on consecutive days left me
    asking the question "why am I doing this". In November 2002 I bought my bent. Now with my bent, 50
    miles is a warm up for a day of yard work. I will be dong the 7 day Bike Florida in March. I am 53
    years old and have never had so much fun on 2 wheels.

    Peter Spirito

    Peter Spirito

  3. Peter...Welcome to A.R.B.R.
    -----------------------------
    "Peter M Spirito" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > [email protected] (Bill B) wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > > Thanks to webshots.com I can see the results of how many views per album there has been. So far
    > > 21,000 total views. Webshots also gives a total of the # of downloads of the various albums. The
    > > downloads now total 84. Some of the people that have viewed my bent pics are hard core bikers
    > > [hogs] that think bents are totaly cool . From the emails and phone calls I have gotten I would
    > > say that recumbents are gaining fast.
    >

    > I too recently crossed the line from wedgie to bent with an Easy Racers EZ1 SC Lite. I regeared it
    > to 38-53-62 x 11-34 so it goes fast and climbs too. I rode a Cannondale wedgie for years. In
    > February of 2002 I decided to do some long distance, multi-day bike camping trips. With the road
    > bike a century ride was a nightmare, 75 miles was miserable, 50 miles on consecutive days left me
    > asking the question "why am I doing this". In November 2002 I bought my bent. Now with my bent, 50
    > miles is a warm up for a day of yard work. I will be dong the 7 day Bike Florida in March. I am 53
    > years old and have never had so much fun on 2 wheels.
    >
    > Peter Spirito
    >
    > Peter Spirito

  4. Von

    Von Guest

    [email protected] (Peter M Spirito) wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > [email protected] (Bill B) wrote in message
    > news:<51c7e827.0302140743.456[email protected]>...
    > > Thanks to webshots.com I can see the results of how many views per album there has been. So far
    > > 21,000 total views. Webshots also gives a total of the # of downloads of the various albums. The
    > > downloads now total 84. Some of the people that have viewed my bent pics are hard core bikers
    > > [hogs] that think bents are totaly cool . From the emails and phone calls I have gotten I would
    > > say that recumbents are gaining fast.
    >

    > I too recently crossed the line from wedgie to bent with an Easy Racers EZ1 SC Lite. I regeared it
    > to 38-53-62 x 11-34 so it goes fast and climbs too. I rode a Cannondale wedgie for years. In
    > February of 2002 I decided to do some long distance, multi-day bike camping trips. With the road
    > bike a century ride was a nightmare, 75 miles was miserable, 50 miles on consecutive days left me
    > asking the question "why am I doing this". In November 2002 I bought my bent. Now with my bent, 50
    > miles is a warm up for a day of yard work. I will be dong the 7 day Bike Florida in March. I am 53
    > years old and have never had so much fun on 2 wheels.
    >
    > Peter Spirito
    >
    > Peter Spirito

    I've toured for 15 years and after 2 years on a bent,would never ever ride long distance again on a
    upright.I'm 57 two compressed disc ,I can ride all day no pain. Long distance is fun again. Another
    plus I see so much more. Hey kids say cool bike and kids are never wrong!Well some times......
    Screamer and V-REX (It's not what you ride,but that you ride) Von

  5. Larry Varney

    Larry Varney Guest

    Peter M Spirito wrote: <snip>
    > I will be dong the 7 day Bike Florida in March. I am 53 years old and have never had so much fun
    > on 2 wheels.
    >
    > Peter Spirito

    That sounds an awful lot like how I describe recumbent biking to people. And now - wait until you
    try recumbent trikes! I'll be riding Bike Florida, too. And it can't come fast enough. My 100
    yards of gravel driveway has ice sufficiently treacherous that I wear golf shoes to walk the dog.
    We're expecting a "wintry mix" that may include six inches of snow today.

    --
    Larry Varney Cold Spring, KY http://home.fuse.net/larryvarney

  6. [email protected] (Von) wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > [email protected] (Peter M Spirito) wrote in message
    > news:<[email protected]>...
    > > [email protected] (Bill B) wrote in message
    > > news:<[email protected]>...
    > > > Thanks to webshots.com I can see the results ...
    > >
    > > I too recently crossed the line from wedgie to bent with an Easy Racers EZ1 SC Lite.

    More bents are showing up daily in our (formerly) small town. The EZ-1 dealer here made a record
    business on those Ez-1, EZ-3, and Currie motors. Impressive- not only for the summer tourist trade
    this town relies on, but maybe (just maybe) high gas prices.

    > I've toured for 15 years and after 2 years on a bent,would never ever ride long distance again on
    > a upright.I'm 57 two compressed disc ,I can ride all day no pain. Long distance is fun again.
    > Another plus I see so much more. Hey kids say cool bike and kids are never wrong!Well some
    > times...... Screamer and V-REX (It's not what you ride,but that you ride) Von

    The same dealer installed motors on mt S&B and TerraTrike. Every time I pass bikes, skateboards, fly
    up hills, etc., I get that WHOA!! Cool! Look at that!!! Yeah, kids are not wrong!

    Chris Jordan Santa Cruz, CA.

  7. Alpha Beta

    Alpha Beta Guest

    I think the web has had a lot to do with the spreading of information. I am glad that there has not
    yet been any infomercial by a low quality manufacturer giving these things a bad name. You get much
    more honest opinion veiw group like this one and the forum on bentrideronline.