Recumbents in the funnies

Discussion in 'Recumbent bicycles' started by Andrew Swanson, Mar 30, 2003.

  1. In thee comics section of this morning's (Sunday, March 30) St. Paul Pioneer Press, there was an
    "educational" comic called "Shortcuts" by Jeff Harris. I'm pretty sure it is syndicated, at least in
    the US. Oddly, the date at the bottom is listed as 03/24.

    This week it was called "Getting a Handle on Bicycles". It included a brief history of bicycles.
    The text included such developments as the "ordinaries", the celerifere, the draisine, the
    velocipede, and the "safety bicycle". The drawing also includes a recumbent - large rear wheel,
    small front wheel, front suspension, underseat steering (mysteriously not connected to any wheels!)

    Check it out.

    Andy

    --
    President Bush; Don't slash V. A. benefits. Support our troops. Or are you really that much of a
    hypocrite?

    Tags:

  2. Edward Wong

    Edward Wong Guest

    Andrew Swanson <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > In thee comics section of this morning's (Sunday, March 30) St. Paul Pioneer Press, there was an
    > "educational" comic called "Shortcuts" by Jeff Harris. I'm pretty sure it is syndicated, at least
    > in the US. Oddly, the date at the bottom is listed as 03/24.
    >
    > This week it was called "Getting a Handle on Bicycles". It included a brief history of bicycles.
    > The text included such developments as the "ordinaries", the celerifere, the draisine, the
    > velocipede, and the "safety bicycle". The drawing also includes a recumbent - large rear wheel,
    > small front wheel, front suspension, underseat steering (mysteriously not connected to any
    > wheels!)
    >
    > Check it out.
    >
    > Andy

    It is in today's paper in my area (Orlando Sentinel). Too bad the bent rider is drawn with an
    unhappy face:(

    Edward Wong Orlando, FL

  3. Jay

    Jay Guest

    in article [email protected], Andrew Swanson at

    > In thee comics section of this morning's (Sunday, March 30) St. Paul Pioneer Press, there was an
    > "educational" comic called "Shortcuts" by Jeff Harris. I'm pretty sure it is syndicated, at least
    > in the US. Oddly, the date at the bottom is listed as 03/24.
    >
    > This week it was called "Getting a Handle on Bicycles". It included a brief history of bicycles.
    > The text included such developments as the "ordinaries", the celerifere, the draisine, the
    > velocipede, and the "safety bicycle". The drawing also includes a recumbent - large rear wheel,
    > small front wheel, front suspension, underseat steering (mysteriously not connected to any
    > wheels!)
    >
    > Check it out.
    >
    > Andy

    Teaching downloads: