Recumbents in the funnies

Andrew Swanson

Guest
In thee comics section of this morning's (Sunday, March 30) St. Paul Pioneer Press, there was an
"educational" comic called "Shortcuts" by Jeff Harris. I'm pretty sure it is syndicated, at least in
the US. Oddly, the date at the bottom is listed as 03/24.

This week it was called "Getting a Handle on Bicycles". It included a brief history of bicycles.
The text included such developments as the "ordinaries", the celerifere, the draisine, the
velocipede, and the "safety bicycle". The drawing also includes a recumbent - large rear wheel,
small front wheel, front suspension, underseat steering (mysteriously not connected to any wheels!)

Check it out.

Andy

--
President Bush; Don't slash V. A. benefits. Support our troops. Or are you really that much of a
hypocrite?

Andrew Swanson <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> In thee comics section of this morning's (Sunday, March 30) St. Paul Pioneer Press, there was an
> "educational" comic called "Shortcuts" by Jeff Harris. I'm pretty sure it is syndicated, at least
> in the US. Oddly, the date at the bottom is listed as 03/24.
>
> This week it was called "Getting a Handle on Bicycles". It included a brief history of bicycles.
> The text included such developments as the "ordinaries", the celerifere, the draisine, the
> velocipede, and the "safety bicycle". The drawing also includes a recumbent - large rear wheel,
> small front wheel, front suspension, underseat steering (mysteriously not connected to any
> wheels!)
>
> Check it out.
>
> Andy

It is in today's paper in my area (Orlando Sentinel). Too bad the bent rider is drawn with an
unhappy face:(

Edward Wong Orlando, FL

in article [email protected], Andrew Swanson at

> In thee comics section of this morning's (Sunday, March 30) St. Paul Pioneer Press, there was an
> "educational" comic called "Shortcuts" by Jeff Harris. I'm pretty sure it is syndicated, at least
> in the US. Oddly, the date at the bottom is listed as 03/24.
>
> This week it was called "Getting a Handle on Bicycles". It included a brief history of bicycles.
> The text included such developments as the "ordinaries", the celerifere, the draisine, the
> velocipede, and the "safety bicycle". The drawing also includes a recumbent - large rear wheel,
> small front wheel, front suspension, underseat steering (mysteriously not connected to any
> wheels!)
>
> Check it out.
>
> Andy

Teaching downloads: