Recumbents made in the USA

Don George wrote:
> Burley. Burley.com
>
> "Johnny are you Queer?" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > Just buy a Haluzak.
> >

> > -L

Hostel Shoppe's store brand VOLAE is made in the USA, by Waterford in
Wisconsin. As mentioned, Easy Racers is also US made, but with the new
owners that may change. RANS builds some models in their Kansas plant.
I think all pre 1999 RANS were built in Kansas. The guy that owns my
LBS said that Haluzak was only supplying frames on a limited basis.
Lightning is a US builder, Bacchetta Aeros are US made. Visions were
made here too, but is now out of business. Earth Cycles Sunsets and
Dragonflyers were US made. Catrikes are built in Florida, and some
models of Whizwheels are made in the US, too. I think Greg Peek builds
his Longbikes here too.

In article <[email protected]>,
[email protected] ([email protected]) wrote:
> Is there a list of recumbents made in the USA? I'd like to check out
> some local makes while I'm there.

I think I go most of 'em at

<URL:http://www.legslarry.beerdrinkers.co.uk/makers/USA.htm>

though it hasn't been updated or check for a while...

While you were out at the Rollright Stones, I came and set fire to your
Shed.

gotbent wrote:
> Hostel Shoppe's store brand VOLAE is made in the USA, by Waterford in
> Wisconsin. As mentioned, Easy Racers is also US made, but with the new
> owners that may change. RANS builds some models in their Kansas plant.
> I think all pre 1999 RANS were built in Kansas. The guy that owns my
> LBS said that Haluzak was only supplying frames on a limited basis.
> Lightning is a US builder, Bacchetta Aeros are US made. Visions were
> made here too, but is now out of business. Earth Cycles Sunsets and
> Dragonflyers were US made....

I heard only weird people ride Earth Cycles - or wait, maybe that was
only people who have more than one Sunset AND a Dragonflyer.

> Catrikes are built in Florida, and some
> models of Whizwheels are made in the US, too. I think Greg Peek builds
> his Longbikes here too.

Penninger builds trikes in St. Charles, IL.

--
Tom Sherman - Behind the Cheddar Curtain
Red and Purple Sunsets, Blue Dragonflyer

Don'f forget the ones that have been around for a while: Rotator in
Santa Rosa Ca makes bikes for other manufacturers in addition to their
own. Burley in Eugene Oregon is a big one.