Recumbents must melt in the rain

On 3 Jan 2005 07:12:51 -0800, [email protected] wrote in message
<[email protected]>:

>Lousy rainy weather, but only wind worries me- might be blown off the
>cliff! Watched TVs 60 Minutes segment about Google to avoid weather.
>With over 100 massive search computers and huge flat screen moniters
>tracking the world; that got me thinking- it is not raining everywhere,
>so what happened to posts about events or comments about 'bents in
>sunny or dry places?

I wish to report that:
- I am in the UK, and
- it is raining, and
- I am riding my 'bent, on account of that's how I get around.

Guy
http://www.chapmancentral.co.uk

skip wrote:

> "Tom Sherman" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>
> <snip>
>
>>I believe that Bryan Ball has good intentions, but "I am closing this
>>thread because we should not be discussing this" reminds me too much of
>>the stultifying atmosphere that passes for primary education in the US.
>>

> BROL is a business. The purpose of the business, as far as I can tell, is
> to attract advertisers who want to sell recumbent bikes and associated
> products. The message board is a part of that business purpose and must be
> made to conform to the objectives of the businness.
>
> Bryan's shutting off discussions is nothing personal, it's just business.
> Letting message board users ******** people who are inclined to give you
> money isn't good for business. Most BROL message board users seem to
> understand this unwritten rule.

If you are not pissing someone off once in while, you are not saying
anything interesting.

--
Tom Sherman - Near Rock Island

"Tom Sherman" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> skip wrote:
>
>> "Tom Sherman" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>> news:[email protected]...
>>
>> <snip>
>>
>>>I believe that Bryan Ball has good intentions, but "I am closing this
>>>thread because we should not be discussing this" reminds me too much of
>>>the stultifying atmosphere that passes for primary education in the US.
>>>

>> BROL is a business. The purpose of the business, as far as I can tell,
>> is to attract advertisers who want to sell recumbent bikes and associated
>> products. The message board is a part of that business purpose and must
>> be made to conform to the objectives of the businness.
>>
>> Bryan's shutting off discussions is nothing personal, it's just business.
>> Letting message board users ******** people who are inclined to give you
>> money isn't good for business. Most BROL message board users seem to
>> understand this unwritten rule.

> If you are not pissing someone off once in while, you are not saying
> anything interesting.

Mr. Sherman is a man after my own heart after all. Nothing delights me more
than pissing off someone, especially if who I am pissing off happens to be a
liberal.

--
Regards,

Ed Dolan - Minnesota