Red Alert - M2 (Syd) to Ban Cyclists

scotty72

Jul 10, 2005
... west bound from Nth Ryde to Beecroft Rd

The alternate route is long, dangerous, ridiculous and very hilly.

Please, send a message to the Minister, RTA and the M2 morons

Moreover, it is a preview of what is to come.

www.hillsmotorway.com.au

The alternative route is considerably more dangerous. Waterloo road is a very busy road.

Are they building bike lanes on the roads? Or just diverting all cyclists to the road?

I used to take the M2 on my commute ride to Nth Ryde exiting at Delhi road. M2 was very good, fast and relatively safe.

All they mention is signposting.

The silly thing is that the speed limit will be 70 - that is not much faster than a local road. Why ban cyclists when the speed differential is so low?

I think I'll take my chances on the M2.

Scotty

thomas_cho said:
The alternative route is considerably more dangerous. Waterloo road is a very busy road.

Are they building bike lanes on the roads? Or just diverting all cyclists to the road?

I used to take the M2 on my commute ride to Nth Ryde exiting at Delhi road. M2 was very good, fast and relatively safe.

What would happen if in another world only cycles were able to use the M2 and all motor vehicles had to take the indirect, alternative and longer route.

scotty72 said:
All they mention is signposting.

The silly thing is that the speed limit will be 70 - that is not much faster than a local road. Why ban cyclists when the speed differential is so low?

I think I'll take my chances on the M2.

Scotty
My understanding is that its related to the (panicked) widening of the M2 westbound to cope with traffic from the Lane Cove Tunnel.

That being the case, there probably won't be a shoulder to ride on, and I suspect that both routes will be as dangerous as each other.

Agree that Waterloo road is pretty bad.

n

Sneaky operator. Now their map diagram no longer show the diverted cycle route. I think they are trying to damp down the PR effect. :mad: