Red bull rampage

RollingUphill

Apr 22, 2016
California
Does anyone ever watch these events? I'm more of a straight downhill or uphill kind of guy. Biking on surfaces with a slight grade. These guys are biking down the side of desert canyons on narrow pathways. Is it just me, or do you guys also think this is nuts? It seems like they're in pretty good control, but I think one slip up could spell out doom. Check out this championship ride from last year by Kurt Sorge.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Yeah, I've already seen a couple and the guys on this are absolutely insane! The skills are really cool. One little mistake and they'll have a terrible fall. Great video.

Wished the camera was bent up again but that was some pretty crazy stuff! It can be scary if he had made a mistake and fell though, that would be life threatening I believe.

Yup, a bunch of thrill seekers if you ask me. I watched stuff like this as a kid, and I was both amazed at how they could maneuver through all those obstacles, but also ask myself if they are insane to do those things for a paycheck. I'd never do those, I value my life a whole lot more than pay and some glory.

I have only seen videos of these events I haven't seen them live. They are totally insane. Biking on it's limit.

I've seen several of those videos before. How fascinating is to see them perform such insane stunts. How do they train and mentally prepare for this? It's so narrow that will arouse in any sane person a strong unnerving feeling. Is to bring urban BMX and cyclo cross to a new level of danger and excitement.

I can't even watch extreme sports like that, I get too tense and sometimes have difficulty getting me neck and shoulders to relax afterwards. I would never advocate doing something like that. The thrill just does not seem to be worth the risk of a life altering injury.

The other thing that concerns me is if this is popular, where are people doing it? Are they destroying the land blazing their trails? or being responsible and riding on select established tracks?

This stuff is pretty extreme, but I also think the perspective of the camera makes the width of the path they're riding on look a lot more narrower than it actually is. Not to say it isn't scary enough, but it's not quite as bad as it seems on video.....

Wow! He was so fast. I have watched several thrilling videos like this but this one was very different. He was a pro. He did an amazing job.

Red Bull sponsor a ton of different sporting events, they seem to focus mostly on extreme sports which is pretty cool. I love watching their events but I don't specifically seek them out. I'll usually catch a Red Bull event at the local sports bar, or coffee shop if they've got tv's setup.