RED CANNONDALE ROAD BIKE STOLEN - PLEASE HELP!

Discussion in 'Australia and New Zealand' started by Mark Sullivan, May 25, 2003.

  1. Stolen on Saturday 25th May near Lillydale

    "Fire Engine" Red Frame and Fork Red Gel Seat Clipless Peddles Yellow Bar Tape Silver Wheels Black
    tires with white side walls 2 Red Cannondale Drink Holders Very good condition

    If you come across it please phone Mark Sullivan Home 9499 4666 Work 9302 8825 Mobile 0418 591 239

    Tags:

  2. I feel for you... Hope you get your ride back...

    May help to include what the group set and wheels were, in case people see it around...

    Mine never returned.... :-(

    "Mark Sullivan" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Stolen on Saturday 25th May near Lillydale
    >
    > "Fire Engine" Red Frame and Fork Red Gel Seat Clipless Peddles Yellow Bar Tape Silver Wheels Black
    > tires with white side walls 2 Red Cannondale Drink Holders Very good condition
    >
    > If you come across it please phone Mark Sullivan Home 9499 4666 Work 9302 8825 Mobile 0418 591 239

  3. Thanks - but it looks pretty falorn - guess I will do the rounds of "Cash Converters" and 2nd hand
    BS on the weekend and then reconcile myself that my pride and joy is gone.

    Riding a good bike is great. But if you have to worry all the time that it will be stolen by some
    dead beat - then what is the use? Better to go to a gym for your exercise - homogenised exercise
    without the worry!

    God I loved that bloody bike - not as much as my wife and children - but close ... know what I mean?

    "Andrew Morris" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:kVZza.200$%[email protected]...
    > I feel for you... Hope you get your ride back...
    >
    > May help to include what the group set and wheels were, in case people see it around...
    >
    > Mine never returned.... :-(
    >
    > "Mark Sullivan" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > > Stolen on Saturday 25th May near Lillydale
    > >
    > > "Fire Engine" Red Frame and Fork Red Gel Seat Clipless Peddles Yellow Bar Tape Silver Wheels
    > > Black tires with white side walls 2 Red Cannondale Drink Holders Very good condition
    > >
    > > If you come across it please phone Mark Sullivan Home 9499 4666 Work 9302 8825 Mobile 0418
    > > 591 239

  4. > This message is in MIME format. Since your mail reader does not understand

    --B_3137050695_6302611 Content-type: text/plain; charset="ISO-8859-1"

    Hey Mark,

    Sorry to hear about the loss of your ride. Do you have a photo of it that you can post? Another
    gentleman lost his blue Cannondale a short while back and posted a photo of it ­ and it is much
    easier to recognise a bike by sight than remember all its specs.

    Cheers,

    Steve.

    On 28/5/03 11:45 PM, in article [email protected], "Mark Sullivan"
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    > Thanks - but it looks pretty falorn - guess I will do the rounds of "Cash Converters" and 2nd hand
    > BS on the weekend and then reconcile myself that my pride and joy is gone.
    >
    > Riding a good bike is great. But if you have to worry all the time that it will be stolen by some
    > dead beat - then what is the use? Better to go to a gym for your exercise - homogenised exercise
    > without the worry!
    >
    > God I loved that bloody bike - not as much as my wife and children - but close ... know
    > what I mean?
    >

    > "Andrew Morris" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:kVZza.200$%[email protected]...
    >> > I feel for you... Hope you get your ride back...
    >> >
    >> > May help to include what the group set and wheels were, in case people see it around...
    >> >
    >> > Mine never returned.... :-(
    >> >
    >> > "Mark Sullivan" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    >> > news:[email protected]...

    --B_3137050695_6302611 Content-type: text/html; charset="ISO-8859-1" Content-transfer-encoding:
    quoted-printable

    <HTML> <HEAD> <TITLE>Re: RED CANNONDALE ROAD BIKE STOLEN - PLEASE HELP!</TITLE> </HEAD> <BODY> <FONT
    FACE=3D"Verdana">Hey Mark,<BR> <BR> Sorry to hear about the loss of your ride. Do you have a photo
    of it that y= ou can post? Another gentleman lost his blue Cannondale a short while back a= nd
    posted a photo of it – and it is much easier to recognise a bike by= sight than remember all
    its specs.<BR> <BR> Cheers,<BR> <BR> Steve.<BR> <BR> <BR> <BR> <BR> <BR> On 28/5/03 11:45 PM,
    in article [email protected], &quo= t;Mark Sullivan"
    <[email protected]> wrote:<BR> <BR> </FONT><BLOCKQUOTE><FONT
    FACE=3D"Monaco"><TT>Thanks - but it looks pretty fal= orn - guess I will do the rounds of
    "Cash<BR> Converters" and 2nd hand BS on the weekend and then reconcile myself t= hat
    my<BR> pride and joy is gone.<BR> <BR> Riding a good bike is great. But if you have to worry all the
    time that it<=

    will be stolen by some dead beat - then what is the use? Better to go to a<=

    gym for your exercise - homogenised exercise without the worry!<BR> <BR> God I loved that bloody
    bike - not as much as my wife and children - but<BR=

    close ... know what I mean?<BR> <BR> <BR> "Andrew Morris"
    <[email protected]> wrote in messa= ge<BR>
    news:kVZza.200$%[email protected]...<BR> > I feel for you... Hope you get your ride
    back...<BR> ><BR> > May help to include what the group set and wheels were, in case people=
    see<BR> > it around...<BR> ><BR> > Mine never returned.... :-(<BR> ><BR> > "Mark
    Sullivan" <[email protected]> wrote in= message<BR> >
    news:[email protected]...<BR> > > Stolen on Saturday 25th May near
    Lillydale<BR> > ><BR> > > "Fire Engine" Red Frame and Fork<BR> > > Red
    Gel Seat<BR> > > Clipless Peddles<BR> > > Yellow Bar Tape<BR> > > Silver
    Wheels<BR> > > Black tires with white side walls<BR> > > 2 Red Cannondale Drink
    Holders<BR> > > Very good condition<BR> > ><BR> > > If you come across it please
    phone Mark Sullivan<BR> > > Home 9499 4666<BR> > > Work 9302 8825<BR> > > Mobile
    0418 591 239<BR> > ><BR> > ><BR> > ><BR> ><BR> ><BR> <BR> <BR>
    </TT></FONT></BLOCKQUOTE><FONT FACE=3D"Monaco"><TT><BR> </TT></FONT> </BODY> </HTML>

    --B_3137050695_6302611--

  5. Hi Mark,

    it's no consolation, but usually when a decent spec bike is stolen, it is stolen by a scumbag who
    either resprays, and sells / rides it, or strips it to the component level...

    I did the second hand shops, and all the bike stores in about 50 km of where I live, and left a
    photo of the bike with all of them, and never even got a phone call....

    I did see a bloke on it one day down on Beach Road, but I was on my MTB, and had no chance of
    catching him... :-(

    Hopefully your insurance company was more responsive to your loss than mine was....