RED CANNONDALE ROAD BIKE STOLEN - PLEASE HELP!

Mark Sullivan

Guest
Stolen on Saturday 25th May near Lillydale

"Fire Engine" Red Frame and Fork Red Gel Seat Clipless Peddles Yellow Bar Tape Silver Wheels Black
tires with white side walls 2 Red Cannondale Drink Holders Very good condition

If you come across it please phone Mark Sullivan Home 9499 4666 Work 9302 8825 Mobile 0418 591 239

I feel for you... Hope you get your ride back...

May help to include what the group set and wheels were, in case people see it around...

Mine never returned.... :-(

"Mark Sullivan" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Stolen on Saturday 25th May near Lillydale
>
> "Fire Engine" Red Frame and Fork Red Gel Seat Clipless Peddles Yellow Bar Tape Silver Wheels Black
> tires with white side walls 2 Red Cannondale Drink Holders Very good condition
>
> If you come across it please phone Mark Sullivan Home 9499 4666 Work 9302 8825 Mobile 0418 591 239

Thanks - but it looks pretty falorn - guess I will do the rounds of "Cash Converters" and 2nd hand
BS on the weekend and then reconcile myself that my pride and joy is gone.

Riding a good bike is great. But if you have to worry all the time that it will be stolen by some
dead beat - then what is the use? Better to go to a gym for your exercise - homogenised exercise
without the worry!

God I loved that bloody bike - not as much as my wife and children - but close ... know what I mean?

"Andrew Morris" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:kVZza.200$%[email protected]...
> I feel for you... Hope you get your ride back...
>
> May help to include what the group set and wheels were, in case people see it around...
>
> Mine never returned.... :-(
>
> "Mark Sullivan" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > Stolen on Saturday 25th May near Lillydale
> >
> > "Fire Engine" Red Frame and Fork Red Gel Seat Clipless Peddles Yellow Bar Tape Silver Wheels
> > Black tires with white side walls 2 Red Cannondale Drink Holders Very good condition
> >
> > If you come across it please phone Mark Sullivan Home 9499 4666 Work 9302 8825 Mobile 0418
> > 591 239

--B_3137050695_6302611 Content-type: text/plain; charset="ISO-8859-1"

Hey Mark,

Sorry to hear about the loss of your ride. Do you have a photo of it that you can post? Another
gentleman lost his blue Cannondale a short while back and posted a photo of it ­ and it is much
easier to recognise a bike by sight than remember all its specs.

Cheers,

Steve.

On 28/5/03 11:45 PM, in article [email protected], "Mark Sullivan"
<[email protected]> wrote:

> Thanks - but it looks pretty falorn - guess I will do the rounds of "Cash Converters" and 2nd hand
> BS on the weekend and then reconcile myself that my pride and joy is gone.
>
> Riding a good bike is great. But if you have to worry all the time that it will be stolen by some
> dead beat - then what is the use? Better to go to a gym for your exercise - homogenised exercise
> without the worry!
>
> God I loved that bloody bike - not as much as my wife and children - but close ... know
> what I mean?
>

> "Andrew Morris" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:kVZza.200$%[email protected]...
>> > I feel for you... Hope you get your ride back...
>> >
>> > May help to include what the group set and wheels were, in case people see it around...
>> >
>> > Mine never returned.... :-(
>> >
>> > "Mark Sullivan" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>> > news:[email protected]...

--B_3137050695_6302611 Content-type: text/html; charset="ISO-8859-1" Content-transfer-encoding:
quoted-printable

<HTML> <HEAD> <TITLE>Re: RED CANNONDALE ROAD BIKE STOLEN - PLEASE HELP!</TITLE> </HEAD> <BODY> <FONT
FACE=3D"Verdana">Hey Mark,<BR> <BR> Sorry to hear about the loss of your ride. Do you have a photo
of it that y= ou can post? Another gentleman lost his blue Cannondale a short while back a= nd
posted a photo of it – and it is much easier to recognise a bike by= sight than remember all
its specs.<BR> <BR> Cheers,<BR> <BR> Steve.<BR> <BR> <BR> <BR> <BR> <BR> On 28/5/03 11:45 PM,
in article [email protected], &quo= t;Mark Sullivan"
<[email protected]> wrote:<BR> <BR> </FONT><BLOCKQUOTE><FONT
FACE=3D"Monaco"><TT>Thanks - but it looks pretty fal= orn - guess I will do the rounds of
"Cash<BR> Converters" and 2nd hand BS on the weekend and then reconcile myself t= hat
my<BR> pride and joy is gone.<BR> <BR> Riding a good bike is great. But if you have to worry all the
time that it<=

will be stolen by some dead beat - then what is the use? Better to go to a<=

gym for your exercise - homogenised exercise without the worry!<BR> <BR> God I loved that bloody
bike - not as much as my wife and children - but<BR=

close ... know what I mean?<BR> <BR> <BR> "Andrew Morris"
<[email protected]> wrote in messa= ge<BR>
news:kVZza.200$%[email protected]...<BR> > I feel for you... Hope you get your ride
back...<BR> ><BR> > May help to include what the group set and wheels were, in case people=
see<BR> > it around...<BR> ><BR> > Mine never returned.... :-(<BR> ><BR> > "Mark
Sullivan" <[email protected]> wrote in= message<BR> >
news:[email protected]...<BR> > > Stolen on Saturday 25th May near
Lillydale<BR> > ><BR> > > "Fire Engine" Red Frame and Fork<BR> > > Red
Gel Seat<BR> > > Clipless Peddles<BR> > > Yellow Bar Tape<BR> > > Silver
Wheels<BR> > > Black tires with white side walls<BR> > > 2 Red Cannondale Drink
Holders<BR> > > Very good condition<BR> > ><BR> > > If you come across it please
phone Mark Sullivan<BR> > > Home 9499 4666<BR> > > Work 9302 8825<BR> > > Mobile
0418 591 239<BR> > ><BR> > ><BR> > ><BR> ><BR> ><BR> <BR> <BR>
</TT></FONT></BLOCKQUOTE><FONT FACE=3D"Monaco"><TT><BR> </TT></FONT> </BODY> </HTML>

--B_3137050695_6302611--

Hi Mark,

it's no consolation, but usually when a decent spec bike is stolen, it is stolen by a scumbag who
either resprays, and sells / rides it, or strips it to the component level...

I did the second hand shops, and all the bike stores in about 50 km of where I live, and left a
photo of the bike with all of them, and never even got a phone call....

I did see a bloke on it one day down on Beach Road, but I was on my MTB, and had no chance of
catching him... :-(

Hopefully your insurance company was more responsive to your loss than mine was....