Red Light Religion

Dan Gregory wrote:

>Phil Cook wrote:
>> Roger Merriman wrote:

>>> heh!
>>>
>>> looks like central london?

>> Yep, I think that's the gherkin in the background

>and if those lights in the distance are red the braking car in the
>foreground has just gone through red

Those lights in the distance look far enough away to be a separate set
of lights. They are quite a long way off from the box junction.

I was once nearly killed somewhere around there where there was a set
of lights across the road that I thought were repeaters for the ones
on my side. They went green and I set off little realising the set I
was at wee still on red !!!

Bob Johnstone wrote:

>elyob wrote:
>> Saw this, which I thought you'd all like ...
>>
>> http://farm1.static.flickr.com/190/520251492_4785014f37.jpg?v=0

>How about attaching a sign below that one which says "Sometimes when a
>motorist jumps a red light God kills a human"?

Or how about, "Sometimes when God turns a light red a motorist jumps
it and kills somebody."

"Phil Cook" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Dan Gregory wrote:
>
>>Phil Cook wrote:

>>> Yep, I think that's the gherkin in the background

>>and if those lights in the distance are red the braking car in the
>>foreground has just gone through red

> Those lights in the distance look far enough away to be a separate set
> of lights. They are quite a long way off from the box junction.
>
> I was once nearly killed somewhere around there where there was a set
> of lights across the road that I thought were repeaters for the ones
> on my side. They went green and I set off little realising the set I
> was at wee still on red !!!

Here's the original sized pic ...
http://farm1.static.flickr.com/190/520251492_fc5c0716d9_o.jpg

Those far lights are definitely seperate.

In news:[email protected],
Roger Burton West <[email protected]> tweaked the
Babbage-Engine to tell us:
> elyob wrote:
>
>> Here's the original sized pic ...
>> http://farm1.static.flickr.com/190/520251492_fc5c0716d9_o.jpg

> OK, that makes it clear where it is: the last vestiges of the
> Shoreditch one-way system, specifically
> http://www.streetmap.co.uk/streetmap.dll?G2M?X=533511&Y=182312&A=Y&Z=1
> looking south. The lights are at the Commercial Street / Great Eastern
> Street crossing, and the left turn to Bethnal Green Road is hidden
> behind the placard.

Ah yes, that was the junction at which I was very nearly killed by a police
car which had run a red light, hit another car and rolled over, throwing
bits of Vauxhall in all directions.

--
Dave Larrington
Never trust a man with more than one moustache.