Red Light Runner

Gags

Guest
I was riding towards Heidelberg tonight on my road bike and catching up with
another guy on a bike as I approached the lights on Studley Rd / Banksia Rd.
The guy ran the red at Banksia and then again at Bell St (He went straight
ahead on a green arrow / red light combination). I went through on the
green and was catching him again down at Burgundy St but he again went
through the red and turned right onto Burgundy. After I turned onto
Burgundy I nearly caught him twice more only to have him run the reds at
both of the sets of lights on Burgundy. He finally stopped for the red
light at Rosanna Rd (4 lanes of traffic) but unfortunately he got a green
while still about 4 cars in front of me and then he got onto the bike path
at the footy club (he was on a hybrid of some sort).

Way to get all the car drivers onside........good work champ!!!!!!

Gags

Gags said:
Way to get all the car drivers onside........good work champ!!!!!!
Gags

yeah and if you had a caught him and said anything you would have got a mouthful of "Go and fcuk yourself or something similar like that" all you can really do is hope the people who saw you stopping forgot about the dope running the red lights.....

MikeyOz said:
yeah and if you had a caught him and said anything you would have got a mouthful of "Go and fcuk yourself or something similar like that" all you can really do is hope the people who saw you stopping forgot about the dope running the red lights.....

No, no, no ... one very important detail that red light runners tend to overlook is potentially not the fking obvious *risk* of getting cleaned up, but potentially having a lesser chance of obtaining full compo, insurance entitlements or having *full legal rights* to sue *if* they get cleaned up. Bit hard to shout all that when they cane past, i.e.: Hey mate, want to have a permanent disability and live in poverty for the rest of your life?

In aus.bicycle on Tue, 24 Jul 2007 10:23:49 +1000
LotteBum <[email protected]> wrote:

> Gags Wrote:
>> (he was on a hybrid of some sort).

> That always seems to be the case, doesn't it?

because guys on roadbikes are not usually near red lights? (Except on
hellride of course...) Or at least at times when other riders see them?
(Except on hellride of course)

Zebee