Red Lobster "Style" Shrimp Scampi

P

pawdad

Shrimp Scampi (Red Lobster style)

If you have seen a "KOPY" recipe of Red Lobster Shrimp Scampi it probably looks very similar to the
one below. Well, I can tell you from experience that IT IS AN ABSOLUTE BUST!

1 cup White Wine
1/2 cup unsalted Butter do not use Margarine 3 tsp. minced Garlic 1 lb. Shrimp, peeled and deveined

Bake at 350-degree oven for about 6 to 7 minutes. Be careful not to overcook the Shrimp. The shrimp
is done when it has turned pink.

This past year I wanted to fix my wife one of her favorite dishes for Valentine's Day. Red Lobster's
Shrimp Scampi is one of her very top favorites. So I researched the Internet and found the above
recipe 5 or 6 times as "the best guess" since Red Lobster uses a secret mix. Well, I fixed the
shrimp exactly like the recipe says and they had little flavor and were mostly RAW. Notice that the
recipe says nothing about what size shrimp to buy. The bigger the shrimp, the more time needed to
cook them. Notice that it says nothing about how to mix the ingredients or what size/type of pan to
use. Red Lobster's Shrimp Scampi are slightly crispy on the "UP" side. It is one of the things that
makes them so good. So forget the above recipe and after several trials and my wife's taste buds as
the judge, here is a much better shot at Red Lobster "Like" Shrimp Scampi.

Step 1 Go buy your shrimp. This recipe will be for LARGE shrimp (21-30 per pound) Red Lobster's
shrimp that they use might be LARGE MEDIUMS (30-40 per pound), but more likely are MEDIUMS (40-50
per pound). The smaller the shrimp, the less the cooking time. Remember: Bigger-Longer; Smaller-
Shorter. Step 2 Sprinkle the cleaned/prepared shrimp thoroughly with onion powder and garlic powder
and then let them set in the refrigerator for at least 3-4 hours, overnight is even better. Step 3
Choose the right pan. You want a pan that will allow all of the shrimp lie flat on the bottom; none
stacked on top of one another. Step 4 Now take 1 cup of white wine, 3 tsp of minced garlic and a
stick of real butter and put them into a bowl and microwave them until everything is very warm.
Don't over-microwave them, just very warm. Step 5 Now with a small whisk, stir up everything
thoroughly and pour the liquid in the pan with the shrimp until the liquid is about 1/2 to 3/4 up
the side of the shrimp. The "top" side of the shrimp needs to be exposed to the heat. DO NOT
completely cover the shrimp in the liquid. This mixture should probably do 2 lbs of shrimp. Step 6
Now with your broiler hot and ready for cooking and with your oven's shelf on the top slot, closest
to the broiler, cook your LARGE shrimp about 5 minutes. Then turn the shrimp over on their other
sides and repeat the process for another 5 minutes. With smaller shrimp the cooking time might have
to be shortened a little. Step 7 Now let the shrimp "rest" for about 10 minutes at room temperature
and then EAT THOSE MAGNIFICENT SHRIMP. God bless. Mike

--
Rec.food.recipes is moderated by Patricia Hill at [email protected].
Only recipes and recipe requests are accepted for posting.
Please allow several days for your submission to appear.
Archives: http://www.cdkitchen.com/rfr/ http://recipes.alastra.com/