Red means STOP Fitzroy boy!

Hippy

Guest
To the guy in the Fitzroy Cycles nicks with the blue (Avanti Corsa?) road bike who rides city-bound
along Whitehorse Rd.

Please stop running red lights!

Two bikes were already stopped at a red light and you blast through it, in front of a right-hand
turning car, leaving us there to cop the flak from the ******-off drivers.

I don't care if you're Lance Armstrong on holiday in Melbourne, you've done this before and it's not
cool. 'You' might not have drivers hassle you about breaking the law, but people like me, who stop
at lights, cop all the attitude you provoke.

grumpy hippy

Great call Hippy.
All riders expect courtesy from drivers, yet so many of us forget that there are rules for us too.
It's these riders that give us all a bad image.

> To the guy in the Fitzroy Cycles nicks with the blue (Avanti Corsa?) road bike who rides city-
> bound along Whitehorse Rd.
>
> Please stop running red lights!
>
> Two bikes were already stopped at a red light and you blast through it, in front of a right-hand
> turning car, leaving us there to cop the flak from the ******-off drivers.
>
> I don't care if you're Lance Armstrong on holiday in Melbourne, you've done this before and it's
> not cool. 'You' might not have drivers hassle you about breaking the law, but people like me, who
> stop at lights, cop all the attitude you provoke.
>
> grumpy hippy

Its all part of the problem. Just goes to show that wankers ride bikes as well. You should stop him
next time you see him. It only takes a few to give all of us grief.

Pete

heheee maybe he works for fitzroy cycles ;) Ive heard theyre arrogant and ignore customers so stop
lights are nothing different! ;)

Originally posted by Jess
heheee maybe he works for fitzroy cycles ;) Ive heard theyre arrogant and ignore customers so stop
lights are nothing different! ;)

ooooooooh - now you're just being nasty Jess. (I haven't been there before so I wouldn't know).

BTW, good call Hippy. Next time, have your water bottle at the ready and squirt him as he comes through.

Originally posted by Hippy
To the guy in the Fitzroy Cycles nicks with the blue (Avanti Corsa?) road bike who rides city-bound
along Whitehorse Rd.

Please stop running red lights!

Two bikes were already stopped at a red light and you blast through it, in front of a right-hand
turning car, leaving us there to cop the flak from the ******-off drivers.

I don't care if you're Lance Armstrong on holiday in Melbourne, you've done this before and it's not
cool. 'You' might not have drivers hassle you about breaking the law, but people like me, who stop
at lights, cop all the attitude you provoke.

grumpy hippy

I hear you mate!

I know of another guy I regularly used to see on riversdale rd and now on whitehorse/cotham rd (he rides a hybrid) who frequently blasted through stopped trams and a traffic light here and there. I never got to ask him... why!?? Oh yeah, so he could get to work that little bit earlier. Hmm, good reason!

Slightly OT - wasnt riding home along cotham/whitehorse rd alot of fun last night! NOT!
Let me say that trying to avoid tram tracks under 1 foot of water is perilous at best.

Cheers,
Troy

Originally posted by Hippy
To the guy in the Fitzroy Cycles nicks with the blue (Avanti Corsa?) road bike who rides city-bound
along Whitehorse Rd.

Please stop running red lights!

Two bikes were already stopped at a red light and you blast through it, in front of a right-hand
turning car, leaving us there to cop the flak from the ******-off drivers.

I don't care if you're Lance Armstrong on holiday in Melbourne, you've done this before and it's not
cool. 'You' might not have drivers hassle you about breaking the law, but people like me, who stop
at lights, cop all the attitude you provoke.

grumpy hippy

Might be worth shooting an email to Bill at: [email protected] and CC in [email protected]

If he's not an employee he's probably a sponsored rider, and I doubt that Bill would be wanting that sort of publicity. It's one thing to give drivers the ****s, but another to start pissing off cyclists (ie. customers).