Red Meat NO GOOD, Veggies no protection.... NOW WHAT?

"rick etter" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...

> "pearl" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > "rick etter" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > news:[email protected]...
> >>
> >> "pearl" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> >> news:[email protected]...

> >> ================
> >> Here. ket me restore all that you snipped out, dishonestly, and pretended
> >> address. All farming applies pesticides the same way fool!

> > Addressed, see above.

> ==================
> No, it was not. It says nothing about the techniques for applying
> pesticides, killer.... Learn to read.

As a last resort, the safest approved, sparingly.

If CDs occur as a result, as you claim, you should be able
to provide some evidence. 'till then....

<..>

"pearl" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> "rick etter" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>>
>> "pearl" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>> news:[email protected]...
>> > "rick etter" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>> > news:[email protected]...

>> > Addressed, see above.

>> ==================
>> No, it was not. It says nothing about the techniques for applying
>> pesticides, killer.... Learn to read.

> As a last resort, the safest approved, sparingly.

==============
Used...

> If CDs occur as a result, as you claim, you should be able
> to provide some evidence. 'till then....
> ================

Already done, fool.

peril wrote:

>>>none.

>>Wrong.

> You have;
>
> 1. NO evidence of ORGANIC pesticide residues in organic produce.

Leake candidly criticized *organic farmers* for using nasty but
"natural" pesticides. "The use of copper and sulphur fungicide
sprays seems inconsistent with the claim that organic
agriculture is pesticide-free. On examination, the
*eco-toxicology of copper sulphate is undoubtedly more harmful
and persistent than its conventional counterpart, Mancozeb*."

Leake even provided a handy table, showing that the copper
sulphate *used by organic farmers* is *toxic to humans, very toxic
to earthworms and fish, moderately toxic to birds and harmful to
small mammals*.

> 2. NO evidence of CDs due to *application* of pesticides *in organic farming*.

Vertebrates are among the "NON-TARGET SPECIES" mentioned below, dummy.

Organic pesticides are as toxic as their synthetic counterparts, and
many of them are banned under the Rotterdam Convention:
The Convention has already been signed by 73 countries –
including Brazil – and ratified by 18. It will come into effect
once there are 50 signatory countries.The original products list
included 22 organic pesticides considered to be *highly toxic*...
http://www.nex.org.br/english/denucias_envenenamento.htm

[Highly toxic meaning those organic pesticides affect non-target
species, including humans, dummy.]

An organic pesticide called Dichlorodiphenyl trichloroethane is banned
because of its pervasive toxicity. You probably have heard of it by its
initials: DDT.
http://www.epa.gov/history/publications/formative6.htm

[DDT was linked to the death of bald eagles, a non-target species, dummy.]

Organic pesticides kill fish:
While some organic pesticides may be nontoxic or are only
slightly toxic to people, they may be very toxic to other
animals. For instance, *the organic pesticide ryania is very
toxic to fish*.
http://hgic.clemson.edu/factsheets/HGIC2756.htm

[Fish are a non-target species, dummy.]

Organic pesticides kill a variety of *non-target species*, and foods
grown organically are not labeled "pesticide free":
Organic pesticides are used widely. Some are toxic. Rotenone
*kills fish*. Copper sulphate *kills many creatures*. In California,
an organic pesticide, sulphur, represents one-third of all
pesticide use. For obvious reasons, organic farmers don’t call
their produce "pesticide free."
http://www.ontariocorn.org/ocpmag/pestruth.html
See also:
http://www.hudson.org/index.cfm?fuseaction=publication_details&id=1677

Copper sulphate is more harmful to a variety of species than its
conventional counterpart:
Leake candidly criticized organic farmers for using nasty but
"natural" pesticides. "The use of copper and sulphur fungicide
sprays seems inconsistent with the claim that organic
agriculture is pesticide-free. On examination, the
*eco-toxicology of copper sulphate is undoubtedly more harmful
and persistent than its conventional counterpart, Mancozeb*."

Leake even provided a handy table, showing that the copper
sulphate used by organic farmers is *toxic to humans, very toxic
to earthworms and fish, moderately toxic to birds and harmful to
small mammals*.
http://www.cgfi.org/materials/articles/2000/sep_8_00.htm

Effects of copper sulphate -- an organic pesticide/fungicide -- on a
variety of species including humans:
There have been reports of *human suicide* resulting from the
ingestion of gram quantities of this material.... Copper sulfate
is very toxic to fish.... Copper sulfate is *toxic to aquatic
invertebrates, such as crab, shrimp and oysters*. Based on data
on the potential hazards posed by this material to the
*slackwater darter, freshwater mussels, and Solano grass*, and in
an effort to *minimize exposure of endangered species* to this
material, applicators in some counties are required to consult
EPA endangered species bulletins before applying copper sulfate.
http://tinyurl.com/5y4hm

Organic pesticides ARE toxins:
Organic pesticide - not an oxymoron, because many organic
farmers use pesticides. A pesticide is any compound that kills
pests. So Rotenone is considered an organic pesticide even
though it does a fantastic job of killing pests and has
questionable safety. Rotenone is derived from the roots of
various South American legumes. It is a nerve poison that
paralyzes insects. Other organic pesticides include copper
compounds that can be *tough on other organisms and the
environment*. Pyrethrins are pesticides derived from the
pyrethrum daisies. They are a nerve poison that is effective on
a wide range of insects. *Pyrethrins are moderately toxic to
mammals* and *highly toxic to fish*. It is *illegal to apply them
around ponds or waterways*. So even though it says "organic", it
can still *pack a nasty punch*.
http://www.springledgefarm.com/glossary.htm

> P.S. Again;

QED. Again.

rick etter wrote:
>>You have;
>>
>>1. NO evidence of ORGANIC pesticide residues in organic produce.
>>
>>2. NO evidence of CDs due to *application* of pesticides *in organic
>>farming*.

> =====================
> All farming applies pesticides the same way fool! We've provided the proof
> that they are applied, and that the application of peaticides kills animals,
> and that crop production kills animals.. The only thing left is for you to
> somehow prove your ignorant claims that organic farming doesn't a) use
> pesticides, b)pesticides don't kill animals, and c)organic crops somehow
> just appear magically on your plate like manna from heaven.

Leake candidly criticized *organic farmers* for using nasty but
"natural" pesticides. "The use of copper and sulphur fungicide
sprays seems inconsistent with the claim that organic
agriculture is pesticide-free. On examination, the
*eco-toxicology of copper sulphate is undoubtedly more harmful
and persistent than its conventional counterpart, Mancozeb*."

Leake even provided a handy table, showing that the copper
sulphate *used by organic farmers* is *toxic to humans, very toxic
to earthworms and fish, moderately toxic to birds and harmful to
small mammals*.

"pearl" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...

> (Besides fish, marine mammals are killed- collaterally, and as competitors).

'Seal-hunting becomes tourist sport in Norway

OSLO (AFP) Jan 27, 2005
Amidst scathing criticism from environmental groups, Norway has given
the green light for foreign tourists to hunt seals in the Scandinavian
country, officials said on Thursday. "Based on a parliamentary decision
last year, we are authorizing foreign hunters, and I emphasize hunters
because they must have a hunting license, to come hunt seals here if they
are accompanied by a Norwegian hunting company," Sigbjoern Larsen,
a spokesman for the ministry of fisheries and coastal affairs, told AFP.

Norway decided last year to permit specialized tour operators to ferry
in seal-hunters from abroad, and this month issued the official
authorization to let the hunts begin.

"We have long lists and will get started as soon as the weather
permits, something we expect to happen in the beginning of March.
Then we'll continue through April 15," Roger Eidem of tour
operator Norsafari told Norwegian the daily Broennoeysunds Avis.

The Norwegian government insists that too many seals damage the
country's fishing industry and also harm the seals themselves, and
has fixed a quota of about 2,100 authorized killings per year.

"When there are too many seals, they eat a lot of fish and illnesses
spread amongst the animals," Larsen said, pointing out that local
hunters have generally not been able to meet the quota.

"Now foreign hunters can help cull the seals in the Norwegian quota,"
he said, adding that seal-hunting will remain strictly forbidden in the
period when mother seals are nursing, and that baby seals are
off limits.

The Norwegian chapter of environmental group Greenpeace meanwhile
insists that seals have nothing to do with problems in Norway's fishing
industry, which it says are caused by fishing quotas that are too high.

"We still recommend that the idea of tourist hunts for seals be put on
ice and that (the government) stop blaming the seals for its bad fishing
policy," Greenpeace official Truls Gulowsen said in a statement.

The organization also said it had little patience with government claims
that the move will bolster Norway's tourism industry, insisting that
tourists are more likely to be frightened than attracted by the
pastime.

"Most tourists who come to Norway want to experience pure nature
and not shoot seals," Gulowsen said.

Animal-rights activists already point the finger at Norway for being
the only nation to officially allow commercial whale-harpooning.'