Red medium frame P-38 with 2/3rd Plastazote fairing

Discussion in 'Recumbent bicycles' started by Michael Leger, Mar 23, 2003.

  1. 2000 P-38, Medium frame with extended boom. Red

    The bike is in very good condition, there are 2 small tears in the seat and the seat bag.
    Approximately 3,000 miles total. It just had a full tune-up.

    349 Front wheel, 700c rear

    Components: Shimano 105 52/42/30 Triple Crank Shimano 105 Triple Front Derailleur SRAM 9.0 Brake
    Levers SRAM 9.0 1/2 Pipe shifters SRAM 9.0 Rear Derailleur Shimano 11-34 Cassette Shimano HG90 Chain
    Mirrcycle bar-end Mirror Odyssey A Brakes SUN 349 Rim 2 Schwalbe City Marathon 349 tires 1 Primo
    Comet 349 tire, some wear SUN CR18 700c Rim XT hub Continental Sport 1000 700x28c tire Avocet
    700x35c tire HostelShoppe seat bag Zefal HP frame pump

    The handlebars are 'chopped'. They do not have the downturn of the stock bars. This enables them to
    fit inside of the fairing better, and makes for a narrower fairing also.

    The fairing is my first. It is yellow and black. I cut it off lengthwise at the seat, with the
    intention of creating a tailfairing, that could be used independently. I would describe it as a
    mediocre, but satisfactory fairing. The nose has a nice smooth curve. You will need to create or buy
    mounting hardware, cut the door, and bombbay doors. There are several good sites with instructions
    for doing so: http://www.recumbents.com/mars/pages/proj/projtetz.html &
    http://www.wisil.recumbents.com/wisil/bubblemounting/bubblemounting.htm

    I will include one full sheet of Yellow Plastazote LD45, .500", for you to create a tailfairing.

    Price $2400, buyer pays shipping. Pictures on request.

    Contact Mike via email at the address listed, or at h-608 273-9973, or w-608-527-3633

    Tags:

  2. The price has been reduced for this beautiful bike--$2200. I will meet anyone within 100 miles of
    Madison, WI, if you would like to save on shipping costs.

    Mike

    news:<[email protected]>...