red, red wine

Discussion in 'Food and nutrition' started by sf, Dec 13, 2005.

  1. sf

    sf Guest

    Tags:

  2. notbob

    notbob Guest

    On 2005-12-14, sf <[email protected]> wrote:

    > Remember that song and remember how the last part was done? Was Bob
    > Marley the first rapper?

    Hardly, since it was Neil Diamond who wrote and first performed it
    back in '67 as a mellow country song. In 1969 Tony Tribe, a
    little known Jamaican artist, had a British charts hit with his
    eventually-to-be-raggae ska version. Other artists such as Vic Dana
    and Roy Drusky made minor showings on the charts with the song in
    various guises before UB40, a Brit rock/raggae band made it the super
    hit classic we know today. I don't know when Marley glommed onto it,
    but it was never really one of his songs.

    nb

  3. panther

    panther New Member

    Joined:
    Sep 22, 2014
    Nice romantic song .with a glass of red red wine.