Red to Gray Look cleats. What should I feel?

jojoma

Sep 7, 2007
Hi. Great forums.

I just got new Look Keo Sprint pedals and they come with the gray cleat. I have been using red cleats for the past 2 years on my other Look pedals. I am not very knowledgeable about float, tension, and those things. I tend to just clip in and go. What difference do you think I will feel with the gray versus the red cleat?

Thanks a lot.

jojoma said:
Hi. Great forums.

I just got new Look Keo Sprint pedals and they come with the gray cleat. I have been using red cleats for the past 2 years on my other Look pedals. I am not very knowledgeable about float, tension, and those things. I tend to just clip in and go. What difference do you think I will feel with the gray versus the red cleat?

Thanks a lot.
The gray cleat has less float. The gray float is 4.5 degrees and the red 9 degrees. I currently ride with the gray float and my pedals originally came with the red. There is less movement possible with the gray unless you are releasing. Thus you will probably notice less movement in your pedals.

I have red cleats and I find that I have to twist my foot a long way to release. I don't need the amount of float in the red ones and I was about to buy grey ones. Does the reduced float mean I can release my foot with less sideways movement? If so , that would be brilliant!

Albert

The first thing you should feel is a marked reduction in your speed because Red makes you go faster.