Redlands - Rubidoux Winner

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by Kraig Willett, Apr 1, 2003.

  1. Just got back from the Rubidoux TT where it seems that Mr. Horner continues to improve as the year
    progresses.

    He started 30 seconds behind Vaughters and caught him with about 300 m to go on the ~5k course. I
    didn't stick around for the podium presentation, but I don't think I needed to.

    --
    ==================
    Kraig Willett www.biketechreview.com

    Tags:

  2. Danschmatz

    Danschmatz Guest

    Prologue - April 1: Mt Rubidoux ITT, 5km Results Women   1 Genevieve Jeanson (Can) Rona/Eskar 9.43 2
    Kimberly Bruckner (USA) T-Mobile 0.20 3 Amber Neben (USA) T-Mobile 0.23   Men   1 Nathan O'Neill
    (Aus) Saturn 2 Chris Horner (USA) Saturn 3 Tom Danielson (USA) Saturn

  3. "DanSchmatz" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Prologue - April 1: Mt Rubidoux ITT, 5km Results Women 1 Genevieve Jeanson (Can) Rona/Eskar 9.43 2
    > Kimberly Bruckner (USA) T-Mobile 0.20 3 Amber Neben (USA) T-Mobile 0.23
    >
    > Men 1 Nathan O'Neill (Aus) Saturn 2 Chris Horner (USA) Saturn 3 Tom Danielson (USA) Saturn

    It seems like the 'parity' that existed among the top 4 or 5 men's teams last year has evaporated.
    Saturn took $$$ out of their women's program, applied it to the men's and the evidence so far shows
    that it paid off.

    It's hard to imagine a scenario where Saturn could lose unless they all get the SARS virus. What
    other team has enough cards to play?

    Flanders this weekend should be far more competitive (let us hope).

  4. "DanSchmatz" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Prologue - April 1: Mt Rubidoux ITT, 5km Results Women 1 Genevieve Jeanson (Can) Rona/Eskar 9.43 2
    > Kimberly Bruckner (USA) T-Mobile 0.20 3 Amber Neben (USA) T-Mobile 0.23
    >
    > Men 1 Nathan O'Neill (Aus) Saturn 2 Chris Horner (USA) Saturn 3 Tom Danielson (USA) Saturn

    D'oh!

    That's what I get for not stickin' around after the finish. I guess I just couldn't believe that the
    guy that caught Vaughters (Horner) would not win.

    I'll go away now.

    --
    ==================
    Kraig Willett www.biketechreview.com
    ==================

  5. "Kraig Willett" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > "DanSchmatz" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > > Prologue - April 1: Mt Rubidoux ITT, 5km Results Women 1 Genevieve Jeanson (Can) Rona/Eskar 9.43
    > > 2 Kimberly Bruckner (USA) T-Mobile 0.20 3 Amber Neben (USA) T-Mobile 0.23
    > >
    > > Men 1 Nathan O'Neill (Aus) Saturn 2 Chris Horner (USA) Saturn 3 Tom Danielson (USA) Saturn
    >
    > D'oh!
    >
    > That's what I get for not stickin' around after the finish. I guess I
    just
    > couldn't believe that the guy that caught Vaughters (Horner) would not
    win.

    > I'll go away now.

    Stick around - everyone here appreciates eyewitness accounts.

  6. Warren

    Warren Guest

    In article <[email protected]>, Kurgan Gringioni
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    > "Kraig Willett" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > > "DanSchmatz" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > > news:[email protected]...
    > > > Prologue - April 1: Mt Rubidoux ITT, 5km Results Women 1 Genevieve Jeanson (Can) Rona/Eskar
    > > > 9.43 2 Kimberly Bruckner (USA) T-Mobile 0.20 3 Amber Neben (USA) T-Mobile 0.23
    > > >
    > > > Men 1 Nathan O'Neill (Aus) Saturn 2 Chris Horner (USA) Saturn 3 Tom Danielson (USA) Saturn
    > >
    > > D'oh!
    > >
    > > That's what I get for not stickin' around after the finish. I guess I
    > just
    > > couldn't believe that the guy that caught Vaughters (Horner) would not
    > win.
    > >
    > > I'll go away now.
    >

    > Stick around - everyone here appreciates eyewitness accounts.

    Eyewitness accounts are even more interesting when the person sticks around until the race finishes.

    ;-)

    -WG