Redlands

Tritonrider

Guest
Redlands piles on the gradient The Redlands Bicycle Classic has added one new course and modified
another to increase substantially the amount of climbing in the April 1-6 event, traditionally one
of the most important early-season road races on the US calendar.

The new Sun-Panorama Point Road Race course will make up stage 4, and includes two climbs, one with
a maximum gradient of 20 percent to the lookout point on Sunset Drive. The second climb of this ten
mile loop brings the racers across the Crafton hills on Sand Canyon road, which includes a steep
climb at the beginning, followed by a high-speed descent.

I'm picking Prime Alliance for the podium. Looking at the shape Vaughters and Creed seem to be in I
see one of them on the podium. If I've got to pick one I'm picking Vaughters based on his
experience. Bill C.

> Redlands piles on the gradient The Redlands Bicycle Classic has added one new course and
> modified another
> increase substantially the amount of climbing in the April 1-6 event, traditionally one of the
> most important early-season road races on the US calendar.
>
> The new Sun-Panorama Point Road Race course will make up stage 4, and
includes
> two climbs, one with a maximum gradient of 20 percent to the lookout point
on
> Sunset Drive. The second climb of this ten mile loop brings the racers
across
> the Crafton hills on Sand Canyon road, which includes a steep climb at the beginning, followed by
> a high-speed descent.
>
> I'm picking Prime Alliance for the podium. Looking at the shape Vaughters
and
> Creed seem to be in I see one of them on the podium. If I've got to pick
one
> I'm picking Vaughters based on his experience.

Those 2 guys are way too skinny.

I'm picking Lemond Fitness, ie. Kissena.

Lemond Fitness will slay all on the way to the WIN. With the backing of a 4 time TdF champion, how
can they not win? (and they have the brains of Greg Avon running the show)

W. Belaforous Kelly

On Fri, 21 Feb 2003 04:22:07 GMT, "William Belaforous Kelly"
>"TritonRider" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>news:[email protected]... I'm picking Lemond Fitness, ie. Kissena. Lemond
>Fitness will slay all on the way to the WIN. With the backing of a 4 time TdF champion, how can
>they not win? (and they have the brains of Greg Avon running the show)
>W. Belaforous Kelly

We get the ****ing joke. Move on.

Thanks, Ronde Chimp

"ronde chimp" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> On Fri, 21 Feb 2003 04:22:07 GMT, "William Belaforous Kelly"
> >"TritonRider" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> >news:[email protected]... I'm picking Lemond Fitness, ie. Kissena.
> >Lemond Fitness will slay all on the way to the WIN. With the backing of a
4
> >time TdF champion, how can they not win? (and they have the brains of
Greg
> >Avon running the show)
> >W. Belaforous Kelly
>
> We get the ****ing joke. Move on.
>
> Thanks, Ronde Chimp

I think it's still funny.

Thanks, Ronde Champ

The Pomona Valley Stage Race should give a pretty good Redlands preview. They have a link on this
web page ( http://www.scvelo.com/2003pvsr.html )with the registered riders, and all the top teams
with full rosters are listed. The first stage hillclimb should shake out the climbers in the GC.

My pick for Redlands is Horner for the repeat. I am sure Saturn would like that win, they bought
everyone who beat them last year.

Let him have his fun. It's sad really, because he probably lives in his mom's basement and it's
likely that Avon turned him down for a spot on the team.

"ronde chimp" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> On Fri, 21 Feb 2003 04:22:07 GMT, "William Belaforous Kelly"
> >"TritonRider" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> >news:[email protected]... I'm picking Lemond Fitness, ie. Kissena.
> >Lemond Fitness will slay all on the way to the WIN. With the backing of a
4
> >time TdF champion, how can they not win? (and they have the brains of
Greg
> >Avon running the show)
> >W. Belaforous Kelly
>
> We get the ****ing joke. Move on.
>
> Thanks, Ronde Chimp

"ronde chimp" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> On Fri, 21 Feb 2003 04:22:07 GMT, "William Belaforous Kelly"
> >"TritonRider" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> >news:[email protected]... I'm picking Lemond Fitness, ie. Kissena.
> >Lemond Fitness will slay all on the way to the WIN. With the backing of a
4
> >time TdF champion, how can they not win? (and they have the brains of
Greg
> >Avon running the show)
> >W. Belaforous Kelly
>
> We get the ****ing joke. Move on.

Please do not call Lemond Fitness a "****ing joke".

It is disrespectful to the 4 time Tour de France winner.

It is also disrespectful of the marvelous talent their brilliant directeur sportif (Greg Avon) has
assembled.

As sure as the sun will rise in the East, Kissena will lord over Redlands and Pomona Valley!!!!!

W. Belaforous Kelly

I'm looking to publicize some races around New York City and am looking for suggestions of mailing
lists, particularly ones for riders in New Jersey and Pennsylvania.

JT

NB: reply-to address is munged

Visit http://www.jt10000.com

"William Belaforous Kelly" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> "ronde chimp" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > On Fri, 21 Feb 2003 04:22:07 GMT, "William Belaforous Kelly"
> > >"TritonRider" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > >news:[email protected]... I'm picking Lemond Fitness, ie. Kissena.
> > >Lemond Fitness will slay all on the way to the WIN. With the backing of a
> 4
> > >time TdF champion, how can they not win? (and they have the brains of
> Greg
> > >Avon running the show)
> > >W. Belaforous Kelly
> >
> > We get the ****ing joke. Move on.

Redlands is a little too much for the D3 "Pro's" who get tubes and
tires for payment of salary. This event will be won by a paid rider.

Thanks, Ronde Chumpion

On Fri, 21 Feb 2003 18:21:52 GMT, "John Forrest Tomlinson" <[email protected]> wrote:

>I'm looking to publicize some races around New York City and am looking for suggestions of mailing
>lists, particularly ones for riders in New Jersey and Pennsylvania.
>
>JT

You could also post to rec.bicycles.rides and nyc.bicycles (and here too for that matter). Good luck
with the races.

Thanks, Ronde Chimp

"ronde chumpion" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> Redlands is a little too much for the D3 "Pro's" who get tubes and
> tires for payment of salary. This event will be won by a paid rider.
>
> Thanks, Ronde Chumpion

Agree with that. Check out what they added:

From: http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/?id=2003/feb03/feb21news

Redlands piles on the gradient

The Redlands Bicycle Classic has added one new course and modified another to increase
substantially the amount of climbing in the April 1-6 event, traditionally one of the most
important early-season road races on the US calendar. The new Sun-Panorama Point Road Race course
will make up stage 4, and includes two climbs, one with a maximum gradient of 20 percent to the
lookout point on Sunset Drive. The second climb of this ten mile loop brings the racers across the
Crafton hills on Sand Canyon road, which includes a steep climb at the beginning, followed by a
high-speed descent. The Stage 2 Highland Circuit Race course has also been modified to improve
safety and improve access for local residents

Stages Stage 1 - April 1: Mt. Rubidoux Time Trial, Riverside Stage 2 - April 2: Highland Circuit
Race, Highland Stage 3 - April 3: Oak Glen Road Race, Redlands to Oak Glen Stage 4 - April 4: The
Sun-Panorama Point Road Race, Redlands Stage 5 - April 5: Beaver Medical Group Criterum, Redlands
Stage 6 - April 6: Sunset Road Race, Redlands

<snip><end>

Stages 2,3,4 and 6 are all rough. There will be a large amount of suffering going on, especially for
the amount of prize money in the race. Ow.

K. Gringioni