Redline's got a 24" wheel crosser

landotter

Guest
I was checking to see if they had the 2008s up (no) and I noticed that
they had a 24" wheel cross bike. Not seen it before, but so darn cute:

http://www.redlinebicycles.com/adultbikes/conquest-24.html

It's probably been around a while, I just came across it. :p ~650
list, I think. If ya don't want to spend that much, get a GMC Denial
24" bike from Uncle Wally. ;-)

"landotter" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
>I was checking to see if they had the 2008s up (no) and I noticed that
> they had a 24" wheel cross bike. Not seen it before, but so darn cute:
>
> http://www.redlinebicycles.com/adultbikes/conquest-24.html
>
> It's probably been around a while, I just came across it. :p ~650
> list, I think. If ya don't want to spend that much, get a GMC Denial
> 24" bike from Uncle Wally. ;-)

I don't have a website link but the 2008 Redline cross bikes are already in
the field. Teams here received both build bikes and Conquest Pro frames
during the last week of office.

"Frank Drackman" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> "landotter" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>>I was checking to see if they had the 2008s up (no) and I noticed that
>> they had a 24" wheel cross bike. Not seen it before, but so darn cute:
>>
>> http://www.redlinebicycles.com/adultbikes/conquest-24.html
>>
>> It's probably been around a while, I just came across it. :p ~650
>> list, I think. If ya don't want to spend that much, get a GMC Denial
>> 24" bike from Uncle Wally. ;-)
>>

> I don't have a website link but the 2008 Redline cross bikes are already
> in the field. Teams here received both build bikes and Conquest Pro
> frames during the last week of office.
>That should be the last week of August. not office.

If you are looking for specific specs I probably have them. I would be
happy to look them up.

You might want to also look at the Specialized cross bike specs. I think
that they have some decent touring bikes hidden in there. I think that they
call them Freeroad.

On Sep 14, 3:46 pm, "Frank Drackman" <[email protected]> wrote:
> "landotter" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>
> news:[email protected]...
>
> >I was checking to see if they had the 2008s up (no) and I noticed that
> > they had a 24" wheel cross bike. Not seen it before, but so darn cute:

> >http://www.redlinebicycles.com/adultbikes/conquest-24.html

> > It's probably been around a while, I just came across it. :p ~650
> > list, I think. If ya don't want to spend that much, get a GMC Denial
> > 24" bike from Uncle Wally. ;-)

> I don't have a website link but the 2008 Redline cross bikes are already in
> the field. Teams here received both build bikes and Conquest Pro frames
> during the last week of office.

Are the paint schemes just as obnoxious as last years'? :p

"landotter" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> On Sep 14, 3:46 pm, "Frank Drackman" <[email protected]> wrote:
>> "landotter" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>>
>> news:[email protected]...
>>
>> >I was checking to see if they had the 2008s up (no) and I noticed that
>> > they had a 24" wheel cross bike. Not seen it before, but so darn cute:

>> >http://www.redlinebicycles.com/adultbikes/conquest-24.html

>> > It's probably been around a while, I just came across it. :p ~650
>> > list, I think. If ya don't want to spend that much, get a GMC Denial
>> > 24" bike from Uncle Wally. ;-)

>> I don't have a website link but the 2008 Redline cross bikes are already
>> in
>> the field. Teams here received both build bikes and Conquest Pro frames
>> during the last week of office.

> Are the paint schemes just as obnoxious as last years'? :p

I found a link with pictures

http://www.bikeman.com/content/view/1235/33/

On Sep 14, 3:58 pm, "Frank Drackman" <[email protected]> wrote:
> "landotter" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>
> news:[email protected]...
>

> > On Sep 14, 3:46 pm, "Frank Drackman" <[email protected]> wrote:
> >> "landotter" <[email protected]> wrote in message

> >>news:[email protected]...

> >> I don't have a website link but the 2008 Redline cross bikes are already
> >> in
> >> the field. Teams here received both build bikes and Conquest Pro frames
> >> during the last week of office.

> > Are the paint schemes just as obnoxious as last years'? :p

> I found a link with pictures
>
> http://www.bikeman.com/content/view/1235/33/

Cool! I was just window shopping, so no need for specs. I doubt very
much they changed the geometries. I had been thinking of getting a
Monocog 29er, and switching it to moustache bars, as the local mtb
trail is conducive to such madness. ;-)

landotter wrote:
>If ya don't want to spend that much, get a GMC Denial
> 24" bike from Uncle Wally.

That's good advice if one wants to learn to fix bicycles. Nothing
teaches like having something break every other week and this is R.B.T
after all.

On Sep 14, 4:28 pm, vey <[email protected]> wrote:
> landotter wrote:
> >If ya don't want to spend that much, get a GMC Denial
> > 24" bike from Uncle Wally.

> That's good advice if one wants to learn to fix bicycles. Nothing
> teaches like having something break every other week and this is R.B.T
> after all.

I'm just spreading the compassion, is all. ;-)

Actually, with the brake quality on the Denial, you probably won't
outlive the BB anyway.

landotter wrote:
> On Sep 14, 4:28 pm, vey <[email protected]> wrote:
>> landotter wrote:
>>> If ya don't want to spend that much, get a GMC Denial
>>> 24" bike from Uncle Wally.

>> That's good advice if one wants to learn to fix bicycles. Nothing
>> teaches like having something break every other week and this is R.B.T
>> after all.

> I'm just spreading the compassion, is all. ;-)
>
> Actually, with the brake quality on the Denial, you probably won't
> outlive the BB anyway.

Apparently the brake quality is not unique to the bike you bought, but a
problem to the (gasp! Dare I mention the name?) Pacific line in general.
First thing I had to replace on my Wally World bike, was the brakes. It
is shameful that anyone sells these brakes as "safety devices."

But then I bought a light from my LBS that scattered light so badly,
nothing reflected back to my iris. The light was not cheap and was made
by a well known company. In real darkness, it was useless. So Uncle
Wally doesn't seem to have a corner on the crappy bicycles or crappy
safety parts.

On Sep 14, 3:22 pm, landotter <[email protected]> wrote:
> I was checking to see if they had the 2008s up (no) and I noticed that
> they had a 24" wheel cross bike. Not seen it before, but so darn cute:
>
> http://www.redlinebicycles.com/adultbikes/conquest-24.html
>
> It's probably been around a while, I just came across it. :p ~650
> list, I think. If ya don't want to spend that much, get a GMC Denial
> 24" bike from Uncle Wally. ;-)

ups delivered a Monocog last week. Redline is capable, like
Cannondale, of excursions into uncharted territory.

In article
<[email protected]>,
"Frank Drackman" <[email protected]> wrote:
> "Frank Drackman" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > "landotter" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > news:[email protected]...
> >>I was checking to see if they had the 2008s up (no) and I noticed that
> >> they had a 24" wheel cross bike. Not seen it before, but so darn cute:
> >>
> >> http://www.redlinebicycles.com/adultbikes/conquest-24.html
> >>
> >> It's probably been around a while, I just came across it. :p ~650
> >> list, I think. If ya don't want to spend that much, get a GMC Denial
> >> 24" bike from Uncle Wally. ;-)

> > I don't have a website link but the 2008 Redline cross bikes are already
> > in the field. Teams here received both build bikes and Conquest Pro
> > frames during the last week of office.
> >That should be the last week of August. not office.

> If you are looking for specific specs

Would those be the specific, particular specifications?

--
Michael Press

"Michael Press" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> In article
> <[email protected]>,
> "Frank Drackman" <[email protected]> wrote:
>> "Frank Drackman" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>> news:[email protected]...
>> > "landotter" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>> > news:[email protected]...

>> > I don't have a website link but the 2008 Redline cross bikes are
>> > already
>> > in the field. Teams here received both build bikes and Conquest Pro
>> > frames during the last week of office.
>> >That should be the last week of August. not office.

>> If you are looking for specific specs

> Would those be the specific, particular specifications?

You will have to contact the department of redundancy department for that
question.