General fitness, health and nutrition · Public discussion

Redskins SUCK!

Started by Andy · · Last activity · 41 posts · 524 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
General fitness, health and nutrition
Published
11 November 2007
Last activity
14 November 2007
Original author
Andy
Posts
41
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
524
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 21–40 of 41
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. "Little Malice" <[email hidden]> wrote

    Quoted message said:

    I love rice krispies, but they can't hold a candle to good old
    corn flakes, at least for me, especially with bananas. I'll stick
    with 1% milk though. Does anyone use rice krispies for cooking,
    besides dessert? I never hear of it as a coating for chicken
    or meatloaf filler...

    Oddly enough I just read somewhere how they were used to
    make excellent waffles. It might have been that free issue of
    Cook's Country.

    nancy

  2. Goomba38 said:

    ObFood- I've been on a Rice Krispies kick lately. I almost crave them! I
    haven't eaten them in years and now can't get enough with sliced banana
    and cold skim milk and sprinkled with Splenda.

    Same here. Sometimes it is plums, ruby red grapefruit, nuts, etc.

    Becca

  3. Little Malice said:

    I love rice krispies, but they can't hold a candle to good old
    corn flakes, at least for me, especially with bananas. I'll stick
    with 1% milk though. Does anyone use rice krispies for cooking,
    besides dessert? I never hear of it as a coating for chicken
    or meatloaf filler...

    Yeah, but.... corn flakes don't snap, crackle or pop. Besides,
    everybody knows shredded wheat w/bananas is the bomb! &:+

    Becca

  4. One time on Usenet said:


    "Little Malice" <[email hidden]> wrote

    Quoted message said:

    I love rice krispies, but they can't hold a candle to good old
    corn flakes, at least for me, especially with bananas. I'll stick
    with 1% milk though. Does anyone use rice krispies for cooking,
    besides dessert? I never hear of it as a coating for chicken
    or meatloaf filler...

    Oddly enough I just read somewhere how they were used to
    make excellent waffles. It might have been that free issue of
    Cook's Country.

    Oooh, I'm going to check on that. Thanks, Nancy...

    --
    Jani in WA

  5. Becca said:
    Little Malice said:

    I love rice krispies, but they can't hold a candle to good old corn
    flakes, at least for me, especially with bananas. I'll stick with 1%
    milk though. Does anyone use rice krispies for cooking,
    besides dessert? I never hear of it as a coating for chicken
    or meatloaf filler...

    Yeah, but.... corn flakes don't snap, crackle or pop. Besides,
    everybody knows shredded wheat w/bananas is the bomb! &:+

    Becca

    I like the little mini shredded wheats as a snack eaten dry out of hand
    but never, ever eat them with milk.
    Corn Flakes don't "beckon" me either. There just seems to be something
    about Rice Krispies that I like. I don't like 'em when they get soggy,
    so have to eat them immediately after pouring the milk too.

  6. Andy said:

    Since you haven't figured it out by now, I'm free to post just about
    whatever I GD please and you'll just have to suffer through them or
    killfile me.

    After all these years do you feel you've made any progress? Hint: NOPE.

    Do I care what you think? Hint: NOPE.

    Andy

    Oh I know it Andy. It is obvious you don't care what anyone thinks about
    you. <shrug>

  7. One time on Usenet said:
    Andy said:

    Since you haven't figured it out by now, I'm free to post just about
    whatever I GD please and you'll just have to suffer through them or
    killfile me.

    After all these years do you feel you've made any progress? Hint: NOPE.

    Do I care what you think? Hint: NOPE.

    Andy

    Oh I know it Andy. It is obvious you don't care what anyone thinks about
    you. <shrug>

    Yup, and I find it sad. So many folks here have been kind
    and friendly to Andy, and he repays the group by using it as
    his personal wailing wall. I wouldn't mind if he's just mark
    his off topic stuff as just that; OT. But I guess that's too
    much trouble. I prefer to killfile by subject, not by author...

    --
    Jani in WA

  8. Little Malice <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    [..] I prefer to killfile by subject, not by author...

    So right-click it away rather than [censored] about it already.
    That's more helpful than what you posted.

    ObTopic: Hail Redskins! A fan since a perfect-spiral 70-yard bomb
    from Sonny Jurgensen to Larry Brown. The Redskin Faithfuls never
    waiver.

    ObFood: Slacker Jacks
    Alton Brown, "Good Eats" -- Pop Culture Show

    INGREDIENTS:
    3 ounces popped popcorn, approximately 3 quarts
    1 cup salted peanuts
    4 ounces unsalted butter
    16 ounces dark brown sugar, approximately 2 cups
    1/4 cup dark corn syrup
    1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract

    METHOD:
    Preheat the oven to 250 degrees F.
    Spray a sheet pan with nonstick spray and line with parchment
    paper. Spray the parchment paper with nonstick spray as well and
    set aside.

    Combine the popcorn and peanuts in a large mixing bowl. Set aside
    until ready to use.

    Melt the butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add the
    brown sugar, corn syrup and vanilla and stir until combined. Heat
    the mixture until it reaches 250 degrees F, approximately 10
    minutes.

    Pour the syrup over the popcorn and stir to combine. You will need
    to work quickly because the syrup hardens rapidly. Spread the
    mixture onto the prepared sheet pan and bake in the oven for 1
    hour. Cool completely.

    Break into pieces and serve immediately or store in an airtight
    container for 2 to 3 days.

    http://www.foodnetwork.com/food/recipes/recipe/0,1977,FOOD_9936_34839,00.html

    The Ranger
    --

    Microsoft gambled that making their users fault-tolerant was
    a better use of resources than making their software reliable.
    -- Paul Guertin, alt.peeves, 3/20/01

  9. One time on Usenet said:

    Little Malice <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    [..] I prefer to killfile by subject, not by author...

    So right-click it away rather than [censored] about it already.

    Not all of us use Outhouse -- the process is somewhat different for
    me. And how is your [censored] any more valid than mine?

    Quoted message said:

    That's more helpful than what you posted.

    Not at all -- one can hope that Andy will take a hint...

    --
    Jani in WA

  10. One time on Usenet said:

    Little Malice <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    [..] I prefer to killfile by subject, not by author...

    So right-click it away rather than [censored] about it already.

    Not all of us use Outhouse -- the process is somewhat different for
    me. And how is your [censored] any more valid than mine?

    Quoted message said:

    That's more helpful than what you posted.

    Not at all -- one can hope that Andy will take a hint...

    --
    Jani in WA

  11. Little Malice said...

    Quoted message said:
    One time on Usenet said:
    Andy said:

    Since you haven't figured it out by now, I'm free to post just about
    whatever I GD please and you'll just have to suffer through them or
    killfile me.

    After all these years do you feel you've made any progress? Hint:


    NOPE.

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:


    Do I care what you think? Hint: NOPE.

    Andy

    Oh I know it Andy. It is obvious you don't care what anyone thinks about
    you. <shrug>

    I was only addressing you. I'm fond of most members here and show them a
    good deal of respect. You Goomba are just not one of them. You're
    insignificant. You don't matter.

    Andy

  12. Little Malice <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:
    One time on Usenet said:

    Little Malice <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    [..] I prefer to killfile by subject, not by author...


    So right-click it away rather than [censored] about it already.


    [..] the process is somewhat different for me.

    So the process is different: Use it already.

    Quoted message said:

    And how is your [censored] any more valid than mine?

    I don't [censored].

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    That's more helpful than what you posted.


    Not at all -- one can hope that Andy will take a hint...

    Or he'll dig his heels in even deeper. Show me any thread where
    he's accepted that hint. Show me a thread for any regular that's
    "taken the hint" graciously.

    It's taken a few years but I've finally figured out that using
    OE's filter and/or simply not responding to certain topics are
    more beneficial and coincidentally reduce the noise-to-signal
    simultaneously.

    ObTopic: Hail Redskins.

    ObFood: Roasted Potato Skins with Mexican Chili powder and diced
    jalapenos.

    The Ranger
    --
    "I can't wait 'til I'm a teenager! Then you won't be able to order
    me around!"
    Alpha Ranger, 1234:55, 11/30/02

  13. Andy said:

    I was only addressing you. I'm fond of most members here and show them a
    good deal of respect. You Goomba are just not one of them. You're
    insignificant. You don't matter.

    Andy

    You're right Andy. None of us here do. But I don't go out of my way, as
    you do, to start stupid topics, jokes or other flotsam and jetsam to the
    cooking group. Perhaps if you went out to find some real life friends to
    sit around with and kvetch like a bunch of hens you'd sound less like an
    old lady here.

  14. Goomba38 said...

    Quoted message said:
    Andy said:

    I was only addressing you. I'm fond of most members here and show them a
    good deal of respect. You Goomba are just not one of them. You're
    insignificant. You don't matter.

    Andy

    You're right Andy. None of us here do. But I don't go out of my way, as
    you do, to start stupid topics, jokes or other flotsam and jetsam to the
    cooking group. Perhaps if you went out to find some real life friends to
    sit around with and kvetch like a bunch of hens you'd sound less like an
    old lady here.

    I certainly don't need advice from the likes of you!!!

    Like I said this is the way it's gonna stay. So be my guest and suffer the
    rest of your r.f.c days.

    I never knew a masochist until you!

    Andy

  15. One time on Usenet said:

    Little Malice <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:
    One time on Usenet said:

    Little Malice <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    > [..] I prefer to killfile by subject, not by author...
    >
    So right-click it away rather than [censored] about it already.


    [..] the process is somewhat different for me.

    So the process is different: Use it already.

    I would, if he'd just mark his subject as OT. Otherwise, I have to
    read the start of each of his threads to see if it's off topic. I
    could just killfile Andy, but I don't want to do that.

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    And how is your [censored] any more valid than mine?

    I don't [censored].

    Foo. And I'm not really [censored] anyway. Griping, maybe. The
    difference is subtle. ;-)

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    That's more helpful than what you posted.


    Not at all -- one can hope that Andy will take a hint...

    Or he'll dig his heels in even deeper. Show me any thread where
    he's accepted that hint. Show me a thread for any regular that's
    "taken the hint" graciously.

    I'm not asking anyone to be gracious. But I do recall a thread about
    politics last February in which I had the same discussion with Andy.
    He seemed rather irritated with me, but shortly thereafter he began
    marking off topic things "OT". I really appreciated it, and was
    surprised that he's quit.

    Quoted message said:

    It's taken a few years but I've finally figured out that using
    OE's filter and/or simply not responding to certain topics are
    more beneficial and coincidentally reduce the noise-to-signal
    simultaneously.

    I won't argue that...

    --
    Jani in WA

  16. Little Malice said...

    Quoted message said:
    One time on Usenet said:

    Little Malice <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    One time on Usenet, "The Ranger" <[email hidden]> said:
    > Little Malice <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    > news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    > > [..] I prefer to killfile by subject, not by author...
    > >
    > So right-click it away rather than [censored] about it already.
    >
    [..] the process is somewhat different for me.

    So the process is different: Use it already.

    I would, if he'd just mark his subject as OT. Otherwise, I have to
    read the start of each of his threads to see if it's off topic. I
    could just killfile Andy, but I don't want to do that.

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    And how is your [censored] any more valid than mine?

    I don't [censored].

    Foo. And I'm not really [censored] anyway. Griping, maybe. The
    difference is subtle. ;-)

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    > That's more helpful than what you posted.
    >
    Not at all -- one can hope that Andy will take a hint...

    Or he'll dig his heels in even deeper. Show me any thread where
    he's accepted that hint. Show me a thread for any regular that's
    "taken the hint" graciously.

    I'm not asking anyone to be gracious. But I do recall a thread about
    politics last February in which I had the same discussion with Andy.
    He seemed rather irritated with me, but shortly thereafter he began
    marking off topic things "OT". I really appreciated it, and was
    surprised that he's quit.

    I recall it was over Hillary Clinton.

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    It's taken a few years but I've finally figured out that using
    OE's filter and/or simply not responding to certain topics are
    more beneficial and coincidentally reduce the noise-to-signal
    simultaneously.

    I won't argue that...

    Now here's where there is a double standard. You have to read all the penis
    enlargement, nike, tiffany, work from home etc., threads but mine are
    somehow more bothersome? On any given day on r.f.c there are dozens more
    pointless, spam threads than I post in a day that you have to waste more
    time on than mine.

    Sometimes I'm just responding to a non-food related post and there's Goomba
    crying foul. Like I have my own personal censor which I don't appreciate in
    the least. I don't do that to others. Why should I stand for that kind of
    treatment?

    Jani,

    Flame ups come and go between members but in Goomba's case, even if I typed
    every subject starting with OT: she'd still [censored].

    At one time we got along but one day she did an about-face and back-stabbed
    me, something I'll never forgive her for. So she's insignificant and if she
    doesn't want to killfile me and be miserable about it, I'm OK with that.

    OB Food: Cheerios rule!

  17. Andy said:


    Now here's where there is a double standard. You have to read all the penis
    enlargement, nike, tiffany, work from home etc., threads but mine are
    somehow more bothersome? On any given day on r.f.c there are dozens more
    pointless, spam threads than I post in a day that you have to waste more
    time on than mine.

    Sometimes I'm just responding to a non-food related post and there's Goomba
    crying foul. Like I have my own personal censor which I don't appreciate in
    the least. I don't do that to others. Why should I stand for that kind of
    treatment?

    Jani,

    Flame ups come and go between members but in Goomba's case, even if I typed
    every subject starting with OT: she'd still [censored].

    At one time we got along but one day she did an about-face and back-stabbed
    me, something I'll never forgive her for. So she's insignificant and if she
    doesn't want to killfile me and be miserable about it, I'm OK with that.

    OB Food: Cheerios rule!

    Oh put your big girl panties on and deal with it. Do remind me..what was
    this "about face" you speak of?
    Do you mistakenly think you're so witty or interesting that every
    trivial post detailing every unremarkable event which you burp out is
    somehow above reproach? You waste a lot of bandwidth feeding your own
    need for attention. You dislike anyone pointing this out to you, obviously.
    Perhaps I have higher standards or expectations for regulars in RFC who
    know the problems we've had in recent years with heavy loss of quality
    posters (who state the newer posters are ruining RFC) and the increase
    in garbage? Posts that are obvious spam (Tiffany, shoes, etc.) are
    actually much easier to ignore because they don't pretend to be anything
    but spam. They never post about food or dining. Easy to ignore them.
    We "got along" as long as I never came out and told you how annoying
    your posts could be. In fact, I recall trying to send you (as a
    surprise) a cup from The Masters, and asked you for your snail mail
    address to send you "something neat" and you never responded. So perhaps
    it is not *I* that was "the [censored]" ??

  18. Goomba38 said...

    Quoted message said:
    Andy said:


    Now here's where there is a double standard. You have to read all the
    penis enlargement, nike, tiffany, work from home etc., threads but mine
    are somehow more bothersome? On any given day on r.f.c there are dozens
    more pointless, spam threads than I post in a day that you have to
    waste more time on than mine.

    Sometimes I'm just responding to a non-food related post and there's
    Goomba crying foul. Like I have my own personal censor which I don't
    appreciate in the least. I don't do that to others. Why should I stand
    for that kind of treatment?

    Jani,

    Flame ups come and go between members but in Goomba's case, even if I
    typed every subject starting with OT: she'd still [censored].

    At one time we got along but one day she did an about-face and
    back-stabbed me, something I'll never forgive her for. So she's
    insignificant and if she doesn't want to killfile me and be miserable
    about it, I'm OK with that.

    OB Food: Cheerios rule!

    Oh put your big girl panties on and deal with it. Do remind me..what was
    this "about face" you speak of?
    Do you mistakenly think you're so witty or interesting that every
    trivial post detailing every unremarkable event which you burp out is
    somehow above reproach? You waste a lot of bandwidth feeding your own
    need for attention. You dislike anyone pointing this out to you,
    obviously. Perhaps I have higher standards or expectations for regulars
    in RFC who know the problems we've had in recent years with heavy loss
    of quality posters (who state the newer posters are ruining RFC) and the
    increase in garbage? Posts that are obvious spam (Tiffany, shoes, etc.)
    are actually much easier to ignore because they don't pretend to be
    anything but spam. They never post about food or dining. Easy to ignore
    them. We "got along" as long as I never came out and told you how
    annoying your posts could be. In fact, I recall trying to send you (as a
    surprise) a cup from The Masters, and asked you for your snail mail
    address to send you "something neat" and you never responded. So perhaps
    it is not *I* that was "the [censored]" ??

    It's not important anymore.

    <plonk>

    Andy

  19. Andy q said:

    Little Malice said...

    Quoted message said:
    One time on Usenet said:

    Andy wrote:

    > Since you haven't figured it out by now, I'm free to post just about
    > whatever I GD please and you'll just have to suffer through them or
    > killfile me.
    >
    > After all these years do you feel you've made any progress? Hint:


    NOPE.

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    >
    > Do I care what you think? Hint: NOPE.
    >
    > Andy

    Oh I know it Andy. It is obvious you don't care what anyone thinks about
    you. <shrug>

    I was only addressing you. I'm fond of most members here and show them a
    good deal of respect. You Goomba are just not one of them. You're
    insignificant. You don't matter.

    Andy

    girl fight tonight!

    your pal,
    blake

  20. One time on Usenet said:

    Little Malice said...

    Quoted message said:
    One time on Usenet said:

    Little Malice <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...
    > One time on Usenet, "The Ranger" <[email hidden]> said:
    >> Little Malice <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    >> news:[email hidden]...

    >> > [..] I prefer to killfile by subject, not by author...
    >> >
    >> So right-click it away rather than [censored] about it already.
    >>
    > [..] the process is somewhat different for me.

    So the process is different: Use it already.

    I would, if he'd just mark his subject as OT. Otherwise, I have to
    read the start of each of his threads to see if it's off topic. I
    could just killfile Andy, but I don't want to do that.

    Quoted message said:

    > And how is your [censored] any more valid than mine?

    I don't [censored].

    Foo. And I'm not really [censored] anyway. Griping, maybe. The
    difference is subtle. ;-)

    Quoted message said:

    >> That's more helpful than what you posted.
    >>
    > Not at all -- one can hope that Andy will take a hint...

    Or he'll dig his heels in even deeper. Show me any thread where
    he's accepted that hint. Show me a thread for any regular that's
    "taken the hint" graciously.

    I'm not asking anyone to be gracious. But I do recall a thread about
    politics last February in which I had the same discussion with Andy.
    He seemed rather irritated with me, but shortly thereafter he began
    marking off topic things "OT". I really appreciated it, and was
    surprised that he's quit.

    I recall it was over Hillary Clinton.

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    It's taken a few years but I've finally figured out that using
    OE's filter and/or simply not responding to certain topics are
    more beneficial and coincidentally reduce the noise-to-signal
    simultaneously.

    I won't argue that...

    Now here's where there is a double standard. You have to read all the penis
    enlargement, nike, tiffany, work from home etc., threads but mine are
    somehow more bothersome? On any given day on r.f.c there are dozens more
    pointless, spam threads than I post in a day that you have to waste more
    time on than mine.

    Andy, it's very easy to filter out words like viagra, etc. I don't see
    the spam you're talking about most of the time. So yes, yours are more
    bothersome. Simply putting OT at the head of your non-food posts would
    make my Usenet life, and that of others I'm sure, much easier.

    Quoted message said:

    Sometimes I'm just responding to a non-food related post

    That's not the the issue, at least not for me. It's the threads *you*
    start.

    Quoted message said:

    and there's Goomba

    That's between you and Goomba.

    Quoted message said:

    OB Food: Cheerios rule!

    Sure, if they're honey and nut... :-)

    --
    Jani in WA

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.