Reduction in iron / diabetes

Results showed that glucose metabolism disturbances (diabetes mellitus
and impaired glucose tolerance) improved in 1/3 of the patients after
the intensive combined chelation treatment, a finding that we
attributed to a reduction in liver iron deposits.
<<

Glucose metabolism disorders improvement in patients with thalassaemia
major after 24-36 months of intensive chelation therapy.
Platis O, Anagnostopoulos G, Farmaki K, Posantzis M, Gotsis E, Tolis G
Pediatr Endocrinol Rev. 2004 Dec ; 2 Suppl 2: 279-81

Thalassaemic patients with haemocromatosis often present with metabolic
disturbances such as diabetes mellitus. A group of adult thalassaemic
patients who received intensive oral and subcutaneous chelation therapy
(Defferiprone/Ferriprox and Desferioxamine/Desferal) for a period of
24-36 months was studied for the presence of glucose metabolism
disturbances (GMD). Investigation of the prevalence of diabetes
mellitus (DM) and impaired glucose tolerance (IGT) was carried out by
yearly oral glucose tolerance tests (OGTT). Results showed that GMD (DM
and IGT) improved in 1/3 of the patients after the intensive combined
chelation treatment, a finding that we attributed to a reduction in
liver iron deposits. Although this study is still in progress we
believe that intensive combined chelation therapy may have a positive
effect on glucose metabolism.

Who loves ya.
Tom

Jesus Was A Vegetarian!
http://jesuswasavegetarian.7h.com

Man Is A Herbivore!
http://pages.ivillage.com/ironjustice/manisaherbivore

DEAD PEOPLE WALKING

On Fri, 10 Feb 2006 07:34:57 +1100, "Neryl Chyphes"
<[email protected]> Huffed and Puffed the following into the madness
of usenet:

><[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
>>
>>...Thalassaemic patients with haemocromatosis ...
>>

>Jeez, Mr Just Ice, how many people world-wide would that be?
>
>Chypho...

not even 1 non-troll posting to the above groups falls into that
group.

--
Mâck©® Deltec CoZmore Pumper
Type 1 since 1975

"To announce that there must be no criticism of the
President, or that we are to stand by the President
right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile,
but is morally treasonable to the American public."
....Theodore Roosevelt

(o ô)
--ooO-(_)-Ooo--------------------

"I don't know half of you
half as well as I should like;
and I like less than half of you
half as well as you deserve."
....Bilbo Baggins

Jesus never hated anyone.

>>...Thalassaemic patients with haemocromatosis ...

Jeez, Mr Just Ice, how many people world-wide would that be? <<

Well seeing that they never mentioned .. GENETIC hemochromatosis .. I
will assume the iron overload / hemochromatosis is NOT .. genetic ..
and is simply .. iron overload / secondary / acquired ..

Which is neither here nor there ..

The .. iron .. i-r-o-n .. is what the article is about ..

It .. again gives EVIDENCE .. e-v-i-d-e-n-c-e .. that iron .. i-r-o-n
... is what .. is INVOLVED .. i-n-v-o-l-v-e-d ..

Understand .. u-n-d-e-r-s-t-a-n-d .. ?

Who loves ya.
Tom

Jesus Was A Vegetarian!
http://jesuswasavegetarian.7h.com

Man Is A Herbivore!
http://pages.ivillage.com/ironjustice/manisaherbivore

DEAD PEOPLE WALKING

>>>...Thalassaemic patients with haemocromatosis ...

> Jeez, Mr Just Ice, how many people world-wide would that be? <<
>
> Well seeing that they never mentioned .. GENETIC hemochromatosis .. I
> will assume the iron overload / hemochromatosis is NOT .. genetic ..
> and is simply .. iron overload / secondary / acquired ..
>
> Which is neither here nor there ..
>
> The .. iron .. i-r-o-n .. is what the article is about ..
>
> It .. again gives EVIDENCE .. e-v-i-d-e-n-c-e .. that iron .. i-r-o-n
> .. is what .. is INVOLVED .. i-n-v-o-l-v-e-d ..
>
> Understand .. u-n-d-e-r-s-t-a-n-d .. ?

No I don't understand. I see a bit of handwaving, but I don't see any position
put here, or any relationship to any purported evidence.

The term "involved" is wishy washy, or on Mr Just Ice's case, a flimsy net
cast way too widely. "Implicated" is a better term, but then Mr Just Ice
would have to propose an implication.

So, boyo, stop blurting inane allusions about iron and start joining the
dots, or go nail yourself to a cross.

FWIW, I know what Thalass(a)emia is and I know what H(a)emocromatosis.
They are both genetic. I am aware of iron overload issues with beta-Thalassemia.

What I asked you was how many that was world wide.

Your response was... ...well, under-whelmingly uniformative and agenda-driven.

Chypho...

<[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
>>>What I asked you was how many that was world wide<<

> And what I .. TOLD .. you .. was ..

Why do you do this Tom ?

You obviously feel you have a point to make, but you go out of your way to
make sure no one can ever take you seriously.
Do you really think anyone will listen to what you have to say when you ...
carry... on ..... like .....this ?

On 11 Feb 2006 09:40:48 -0800, [email protected] wrote in
<news:[email protected]> on
sci.med.nutrition,sci.med,sci.med.nursing,alt.support.diabetes,misc.health.diabetes
:

> Jesus Was A Vegetarian!
> http://jesuswasavegetarian.7h.com

I read in your web site that you "BELIEVE .. there is a medical
message .. left in the Bible".

What about His famous fish multiplication miracle?

I suppose Jesus was chaste. Should we all aim to be chaste?

I mean, can you see the difference between personal ethics and medical
science?

I mean, can you see the difference between personal ethics and medical
science? <<

There HAS to BE a .. 'difference' .. ?

What happens when personal ethics and medical science .. meld ..

You get .. me ..

Who .. as it should BE .. is having more success in the medical field
than anyone in history ..

Works out kinda .. good ..

Doesn't .. it ..

Who loves ya.
Tom

Jesus Was A Vegetarian!
http://jesuswasavegetarian.7h.com

Man Is A Herbivore!
http://pages.ivillage.com/ironjustice/manisaherbivore

DEAD PEOPLE WALKING

Tommy blathered:

>You get .. me ..

>Who .. as it should BE .. is having more success in the medical field
>than anyone in history ..

BRAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

This is about the funniest thing I've read all day!

>Works out kinda .. good ..

>Doesn't .. it ..

Yep. Sometimes following you around is very woth it!

And don't bother threatening me; Googling a poster is in no way
illegal.

Sylvia

>>>What I asked you was how many that was world wide<<

> And what I .. TOLD .. you .. was ..
>
> Iron ..
>
> And what .. happened .. ?
>
> "I don't understand .. " ..
>
> "I don't understand .. "
>
> Heh .. heh ..
>
> FO .. mr .. chyphes ..
>
> You are much too .. stupid ..

Must be an association between IQ and Iron.

Mr Ironic Just Ice is the data point at the low end...

An axe to grind without iron is a stick. And Mr Just Ice knows what he could
do with it.

[This gratuitous vulgarity and abuse is just to show that I can do it back to
you, Tommy, but with much more entertainment value].

Chypho... ...[Mrs].

Sylv. You got caught trolling again? Is that your own
mission in life, you poor lost soul?

It may not be illegal but it is immoral. Of course,
that is what you live for...trolling response.

"Sylv" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> >Actually .. you are stalking ..

> Nope. What I did is not illegal, except maybe in

your mind. Deal with
> it.
>
> Sylvia

>>Yep. Sometimes following you around is very woth it!

And don't bother threatening me; Googling a poster is in no way
illegal.

<<

Actually .. you are stalking ..

You have followed me to another newsgroup which you normally do not
frequent .. and then you .. spew on MY .. specific.. thread ..

Who loves ya.
Tom

Jesus Was A Vegetarian!
http://jesuswasavegetarian.7h.com

Man Is A Herbivore!
http://pages.ivillage.com/ironjustice/manisaherbivore

DEAD PEOPLE WALKING

>Actually .. you are stalking ..

Nope. What I did is not illegal, except maybe in your mind. Deal with
it.

Sylvia

I have a good time exposing the rats and immoral people
in many newsgroups.

You have been exposed a few times now.

"Sylv" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> >Sylv. You got caught trolling again?

> <snip>
> >It may not be illegal but it is immoral

> I have never done anyhing immoral, not have I ever

been ashamed of
> anything I've done. Can you say the same?
>
> FYI, I read here for information. For everyone who

posts on a
> newsgroup, there are probably 20 lurkers who never

post.

> Sylvia

>Sylv. You got caught trolling again?
<snip>
>It may not be illegal but it is immoral

I have never done anyhing immoral, not have I ever been ashamed of
anything I've done. Can you say the same?

FYI, I read here for information. For everyone who posts on a
newsgroup, there are probably 20 lurkers who never post.

Sylvia

>I have a good time exposing the rats and immoral people
>in many newsgroups.

>You have been exposed a few times now.

Now I know you're nuts.

It must all be in your head, because it never happened.

You're just one of the Usenet nutcases out there. . .

Sylvia

It is OK to use your imagination. You will fine until
your next shrink visit.

"Sylv" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> >I have a good time exposing the rats and immoral

people
> >in many newsgroups.

> >You have been exposed a few times now.

> Now I know you're nuts.
>
> It must all be in your head, because it never

happened.

> You're just one of the Usenet nutcases out there. . .
>
> Sylvia

Pizzza Girl;

>It is OK to use your imagination. You will fine until
>your next shrink visit.

OK, wise guy.

You show me ONE instance in which I was "exposed." ONE instance in
which I was "immoral."

Until then, shut up.

Sylvia

Exposed again.