Reduction in iron / diabetes

Discussion in 'Food and nutrition' started by [email protected], Feb 9, 2006.

  1. >>
    Results showed that glucose metabolism disturbances (diabetes mellitus
    and impaired glucose tolerance) improved in 1/3 of the patients after
    the intensive combined chelation treatment, a finding that we
    attributed to a reduction in liver iron deposits.
    <<

    Glucose metabolism disorders improvement in patients with thalassaemia
    major after 24-36 months of intensive chelation therapy.
    Platis O, Anagnostopoulos G, Farmaki K, Posantzis M, Gotsis E, Tolis G
    Pediatr Endocrinol Rev. 2004 Dec ; 2 Suppl 2: 279-81

    Thalassaemic patients with haemocromatosis often present with metabolic
    disturbances such as diabetes mellitus. A group of adult thalassaemic
    patients who received intensive oral and subcutaneous chelation therapy
    (Defferiprone/Ferriprox and Desferioxamine/Desferal) for a period of
    24-36 months was studied for the presence of glucose metabolism
    disturbances (GMD). Investigation of the prevalence of diabetes
    mellitus (DM) and impaired glucose tolerance (IGT) was carried out by
    yearly oral glucose tolerance tests (OGTT). Results showed that GMD (DM
    and IGT) improved in 1/3 of the patients after the intensive combined
    chelation treatment, a finding that we attributed to a reduction in
    liver iron deposits. Although this study is still in progress we
    believe that intensive combined chelation therapy may have a positive
    effect on glucose metabolism.

    Who loves ya.
    Tom

    Jesus Was A Vegetarian!
    http://jesuswasavegetarian.7h.com

    Man Is A Herbivore!
    http://pages.ivillage.com/ironjustice/manisaherbivore

    DEAD PEOPLE WALKING

  2. <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]

    >...Thalassaemic patients with haemocromatosis ...

    Jeez, Mr Just Ice, how many people world-wide would that be?

    Chypho...

  3. Ma¢k

    Ma¢k Guest

    On Fri, 10 Feb 2006 07:34:57 +1100, "Neryl Chyphes"
    <[email protected]> Huffed and Puffed the following into the madness
    of usenet:

    ><[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]
    >>
    >>...Thalassaemic patients with haemocromatosis ...
    >>

    >Jeez, Mr Just Ice, how many people world-wide would that be?
    >
    >Chypho...

    not even 1 non-troll posting to the above groups falls into that
    group.

    --
    Mâck©® Deltec CoZmore Pumper
    Type 1 since 1975

    "To announce that there must be no criticism of the
    President, or that we are to stand by the President
    right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile,
    but is morally treasonable to the American public."
    ....Theodore Roosevelt

    (o ô)
    --ooO-(_)-Ooo--------------------

    "I don't know half of you
    half as well as I should like;
    and I like less than half of you
    half as well as you deserve."
    ....Bilbo Baggins

    Jesus never hated anyone.

  4. >>...Thalassaemic patients with haemocromatosis ...

    Jeez, Mr Just Ice, how many people world-wide would that be? <<

    Well seeing that they never mentioned .. GENETIC hemochromatosis .. I
    will assume the iron overload / hemochromatosis is NOT .. genetic ..
    and is simply .. iron overload / secondary / acquired ..

    Which is neither here nor there ..

    The .. iron .. i-r-o-n .. is what the article is about ..

    It .. again gives EVIDENCE .. e-v-i-d-e-n-c-e .. that iron .. i-r-o-n
    ... is what .. is INVOLVED .. i-n-v-o-l-v-e-d ..

    Understand .. u-n-d-e-r-s-t-a-n-d .. ?

  5. <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]
    >>>...Thalassaemic patients with haemocromatosis ...

    > Jeez, Mr Just Ice, how many people world-wide would that be? <<
    >
    > Well seeing that they never mentioned .. GENETIC hemochromatosis .. I
    > will assume the iron overload / hemochromatosis is NOT .. genetic ..
    > and is simply .. iron overload / secondary / acquired ..
    >
    > Which is neither here nor there ..
    >
    > The .. iron .. i-r-o-n .. is what the article is about ..
    >
    > It .. again gives EVIDENCE .. e-v-i-d-e-n-c-e .. that iron .. i-r-o-n
    > .. is what .. is INVOLVED .. i-n-v-o-l-v-e-d ..
    >
    > Understand .. u-n-d-e-r-s-t-a-n-d .. ?

    No I don't understand. I see a bit of handwaving, but I don't see any position
    put here, or any relationship to any purported evidence.

    The term "involved" is wishy washy, or on Mr Just Ice's case, a flimsy net
    cast way too widely. "Implicated" is a better term, but then Mr Just Ice
    would have to propose an implication.

    So, boyo, stop blurting inane allusions about iron and start joining the
    dots, or go nail yourself to a cross.

    FWIW, I know what Thalass(a)emia is and I know what H(a)emocromatosis.
    They are both genetic. I am aware of iron overload issues with beta-Thalassemia.

    What I asked you was how many that was world wide.

    Your response was... ...well, under-whelmingly uniformative and agenda-driven.

    Chypho...

  6. Manky Badger

    Manky Badger Guest

    <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    >>>What I asked you was how many that was world wide<<

    > And what I .. TOLD .. you .. was ..

    Why do you do this Tom ?

    You obviously feel you have a point to make, but you go out of your way to
    make sure no one can ever take you seriously.
    Do you really think anyone will listen to what you have to say when you ...
    carry... on ..... like .....this ?

  7. Enrico C

    Enrico C Guest

    On 11 Feb 2006 09:40:48 -0800, [email protected] wrote in
    <news:[email protected]> on
    sci.med.nutrition,sci.med,sci.med.nursing,alt.support.diabetes,misc.health.diabetes
    :

    > Jesus Was A Vegetarian!
    > http://jesuswasavegetarian.7h.com

    I read in your web site that you "BELIEVE .. there is a medical
    message .. left in the Bible".

    What about His famous fish multiplication miracle?

    I suppose Jesus was chaste. Should we all aim to be chaste?

    I mean, can you see the difference between personal ethics and medical
    science?

  8. >>
    I mean, can you see the difference between personal ethics and medical
    science? <<

    There HAS to BE a .. 'difference' .. ?

    What happens when personal ethics and medical science .. meld ..

    You get .. me ..

    Who .. as it should BE .. is having more success in the medical field
    than anyone in history ..

    Works out kinda .. good ..

    Doesn't .. it ..

    Who loves ya.
    Tom

    Jesus Was A Vegetarian!
    http://jesuswasavegetarian.7h.com

    Man Is A Herbivore!
    http://pages.ivillage.com/ironjustice/manisaherbivore

    DEAD PEOPLE WALKING

  9. Sylv

    Sylv Guest

    Tommy blathered:

    >You get .. me ..

    >Who .. as it should BE .. is having more success in the medical field
    >than anyone in history ..

    BRAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

    This is about the funniest thing I've read all day!

    >Works out kinda .. good ..

    >Doesn't .. it ..

    Yep. Sometimes following you around is very woth it!

    And don't bother threatening me; Googling a poster is in no way
    illegal.

    Sylvia

  10. <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]
    >>>What I asked you was how many that was world wide<<

    > And what I .. TOLD .. you .. was ..
    >
    > Iron ..
    >
    > And what .. happened .. ?
    >
    > "I don't understand .. " ..
    >
    > "I don't understand .. "
    >
    > Heh .. heh ..
    >
    > FO .. mr .. chyphes ..
    >
    > You are much too .. stupid ..

    Must be an association between IQ and Iron.

    Mr Ironic Just Ice is the data point at the low end...

    An axe to grind without iron is a stick. And Mr Just Ice knows what he could
    do with it.

    [This gratuitous vulgarity and abuse is just to show that I can do it back to
    you, Tommy, but with much more entertainment value].

    Chypho... ...[Mrs].

  11. Pizzza Girl

    Pizzza Girl Guest

    Sylv. You got caught trolling again? Is that your own
    mission in life, you poor lost soul?

    It may not be illegal but it is immoral. Of course,
    that is what you live for...trolling response.

    "Sylv" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > >Actually .. you are stalking ..

    > Nope. What I did is not illegal, except maybe in

    your mind. Deal with
    > it.
    >
    > Sylvia

  12. >>Yep. Sometimes following you around is very woth it!

    And don't bother threatening me; Googling a poster is in no way
    illegal.

    <<

    Actually .. you are stalking ..

    You have followed me to another newsgroup which you normally do not
    frequent .. and then you .. spew on MY .. specific.. thread ..

    Who loves ya.
    Tom

    Jesus Was A Vegetarian!
    http://jesuswasavegetarian.7h.com

    Man Is A Herbivore!
    http://pages.ivillage.com/ironjustice/manisaherbivore

    DEAD PEOPLE WALKING

  13. Sylv

    Sylv Guest

    >Actually .. you are stalking ..

    Nope. What I did is not illegal, except maybe in your mind. Deal with
    it.

    Sylvia

  14. Pizzza Girl

    Pizzza Girl Guest

    I have a good time exposing the rats and immoral people
    in many newsgroups.

    You have been exposed a few times now.

    "Sylv" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > >Sylv. You got caught trolling again?

    > <snip>
    > >It may not be illegal but it is immoral

    > I have never done anyhing immoral, not have I ever

    been ashamed of
    > anything I've done. Can you say the same?
    >
    > FYI, I read here for information. For everyone who

    posts on a
    > newsgroup, there are probably 20 lurkers who never

    post.

    > Sylvia

  15. Sylv

    Sylv Guest

    >Sylv. You got caught trolling again?
    <snip>
    >It may not be illegal but it is immoral

    I have never done anyhing immoral, not have I ever been ashamed of
    anything I've done. Can you say the same?

    FYI, I read here for information. For everyone who posts on a
    newsgroup, there are probably 20 lurkers who never post.

    Sylvia

  16. Sylv

    Sylv Guest

    >I have a good time exposing the rats and immoral people
    >in many newsgroups.

    >You have been exposed a few times now.

    Now I know you're nuts.

    It must all be in your head, because it never happened.

    You're just one of the Usenet nutcases out there. . .

    Sylvia

  17. Pizzza Girl

    Pizzza Girl Guest

    It is OK to use your imagination. You will fine until
    your next shrink visit.

    "Sylv" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > >I have a good time exposing the rats and immoral

    people
    > >in many newsgroups.

    > >You have been exposed a few times now.

    > Now I know you're nuts.
    >
    > It must all be in your head, because it never

    happened.

    > You're just one of the Usenet nutcases out there. . .
    >
    > Sylvia

  18. Sylv

    Sylv Guest

    Pizzza Girl;

    >It is OK to use your imagination. You will fine until
    >your next shrink visit.

    OK, wise guy.

    You show me ONE instance in which I was "exposed." ONE instance in
    which I was "immoral."

    Until then, shut up.

    Sylvia

  19. Pizzza Girl