Reevu Helmet Experience?

Ptodd

Guest
Has anyone got and used one of the new REEVU cycle helmets? (www.Reevu.com)?

Are they any good?

Comments welcome from experience before I think of buying one.

Thanks.
--
Peter

In article <[email protected]>, "ptodd" <[email protected]> wrote:

> Has anyone got and used one of the new REEVU cycle helmets? (www.Reevu.com)?
>
> Are they any good?
>
> Comments welcome from experience before I think of buying one.
>
> Thanks.
> --
> Peter

Are they in production yet? There was a brief (and somewhat favorable) discussion of this
idea recently.

The biggest question is how "one-size-fits-all" sizing will work. As far as I know, this is a first
for a serious bicycle helmet.

--
Ryan Cousineau, [email protected] (trim trailing t), www.sfu.ca/~rcousine FREE WINONA!

Originally posted by Ptodd
Has anyone got and used one of the new REEVU cycle helmets? (www.Reevu.com)?

Are they any good?

Comments welcome from experience before I think of buying one.

Thanks.
--
Peter

Peter the helmets have only recently passed the CPSC and TUV we are hoping that we can break into the established distribution networks this year and have meetings planned for the next month. I am sure you will be impressed by this system, most of the feed back that we get is positive from the cyclists that use it as it enhances their awareness of their environment. If you check out the web site www.reevu.com as soon as new information becomes available it will posted on the web.

Joshua:p

Reevu is a great idea, well executed. But there's a fundamental flaw. Unlike a car mirror, the
helmet vibrates with the rider and this makes it very difficult to get a split second fix on
rearview activity. This, combined with the need to position the helmet very carefully so as to
avoid looking at sky or tarmac, has consigned my Reevu to the rear of the cupboard, behind my
trusty Limar.

"joshua" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> Ptodd wrote:
> > Has anyone got and used one of the new REEVU cycle helmets? (www.Reevu.com)? Are they any
> > good? Comments welcome from experience before I think of buying one. Thanks.
> > --
> > Peter
>

> Peter the helmets have only recently passed the CPSC and TUV we are hoping that we can break into
> the established distribution networks this year and have meetings planned for the next month. I am
> sure you will be impressed by this system, most of the feed back that we get is positive from the
> cyclists that use it as it enhances their awareness of their environment. If you check out the web
> site www.reevu.com as soon as new information becomes available it will posted on the web.
>
> Joshua:p

Hi all helmets have to be positioned correctly on the head for them to give maximum protection as it tells you in there
manuals. and this is why the Reevu helmet is better because you have to have it positioned correctly to see.
Also if your head and your helmet vibrate together you suffer little or no visual impairement. not like a mirror on a bike that vibrates independently and you cannot see through it. I feel that you have not got a Reevuhelmet as you make no mention of the fact that a Limar helmet can only help you when you have suffered a Head collision ,that is its only purpose .Where
as the Reevu helmet can help avoid the accident in the first place.

Originally posted by Hunter