Reflectors for Shimano SPD Pedals

Discussion in 'UK and Europe' started by Ian G Batten, Feb 11, 2004.

  1. Ian G Batten

    Ian G Batten Guest

    The Shimano website lists reflectors for almost all of the SPD pedals, so (given the discussion
    about lighting regulations) I think I'll fit a set. But I can't find anywhere that stocks them ---
    everyone has the pedals, and the blurb quotes the reflector part number, but the reflector itself
    isn't listed. Should I just order them from the shop I bought the pedals from, or is there an on-
    line source of Shimano bits and pieces?

    ian

    Tags:

  2. Speaking of reflectors on pedals. Courtesy of Marc in Wales, I bought some orange/amber reflective
    sticky material from him (offcuts) and have put some on my look pedals. Works a treat. I now have
    Look pedals with reflectors on them
    :)

    Cheers, helen s

  3. Mseries

    Mseries Guest

    > Speaking of reflectors on pedals. Courtesy of Marc in Wales, I bought some orange/amber reflective
    > sticky material from him (offcuts) and have put some on my look pedals. Works a treat. I now have
    > Look pedals with reflectors on them :)
    Me too, also courtesy of Marc, mine are white. I have blue + white chequered design on my mudguard
    too and white strips on my cranks

    --
    The Reply & From email addresses are checked rarely. http://www.mseries.freeserve.co.uk

  4. Just Zis Guy

    Just Zis Guy Guest

    "dirtylitterboxofferingstospammers" <[email protected]> wrote in
    message news:[email protected]...

    > Speaking of reflectors on pedals. Courtesy of Marc in Wales, I bought some orange/amber reflective
    > sticky material from him (offcuts) and have put
    some on
    > my look pedals. Works a treat. I now have Look pedals with reflectors on
    them

    Good plan, but if it's not kitemarked it's still technically illegal.

    --
    Guy
    ===

    http://www.chapmancentral.co.uk

  5. Mseries

    Mseries Guest

    Just zis Guy, you know? wrote:
    > "dirtylitterboxofferingstospammers" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]
    > m02.aol.com...
    >
    >> Speaking of reflectors on pedals. Courtesy of Marc in Wales, I bought some orange/amber
    >> reflective sticky material from him (offcuts) and have put some on my look pedals. Works a treat.
    >> I now have Look pedals with reflectors on them
    >

    > Good plan, but if it's not kitemarked it's still technically illegal.

    True but the alternative would be no reflectors so I don't feel so bad, my lights are technically
    illegal too.

  6. Just Zis Guy

    Just Zis Guy Guest

    On Wed, 11 Feb 2004 20:37:10 -0000, "MSeries"
    <[email protected]>:

    >> Good plan, but if it's not kitemarked it's still technically illegal.

    >True but the alternative would be no reflectors so I don't feel so bad, my lights are technically
    >illegal too.

    No problem - you just have to remember. I guess it would just about be possible to make my bike
    comply, but only by the exercise of considerable ingenuity.

    Guy
    ===
    http://chapmancentral.demon.co.uk

    88% of helmet statistics are made up, 65% of them at the University of Washington.

  7. Marc

    Marc Guest

    Just zis Guy, you know? <[email protected]> wrote:

    > > Speaking of reflectors on pedals. Courtesy of Marc in Wales, I bought some orange/amber
    > > reflective sticky material from him (offcuts) and have put
    > some on
    > > my look pedals. Works a treat. I now have Look pedals with reflectors on
    > them
    >

    > Good plan, but if it's not kitemarked it's still technically illegal.

    I bought Gethin a set of Spds for Xmas (1) and they came with a clip in platform which were fitted
    with reflectors

    (1) and a Lemond Nevada City last week for his Bday. He finished the club reliability ride ( 50 in
    4) the next day 65 miles in total, I packed after 25 ! :-(

    --
    Marc. Please note the above address is a spam trap, use marcc to reply Printing for clubs of all
    types http://www.jaceeprint.demon.co.uk Stickers, banners & clothing, for clubs,teams, magazines

  8. Mseries

    Mseries Guest

    marc wrote:

    > .... reliability ride ( 50 in 4) the next day 65 miles in total, I packed after 25 ! :-(

    How does that work, see who can ride the furthest in 4 hours ? 50 in 4 is what ? Fifty miles in four
    hours as a target ?

    --
    The Reply & From email addresses are checked rarely. http://www.mseries.freeserve.co.uk

  9. Just Zis Guy

    Just Zis Guy Guest

    On Tue, 17 Feb 2004 12:11:25 +0000, [email protected] (marc)
    wrote in message <1g9av37.1qftdc07g57etN%[email protected]>:

    >and a Lemond Nevada City last week for his Bday.

    Michael did not get a new bike this year. He did, however, get a French horn. A Paxman, at
    that[1] :)

    I once had a whim, and I had to obey it...

    [1] Thought to be one of the best makers.

    Guy
    ===
    http://chapmancentral.demon.co.uk

  10. Marc

    Marc Guest

    > > .... reliability ride ( 50 in 4) the next day 65 miles in total, I packed after 25 ! :-(
    >
    > How does that work, see who can ride the furthest in 4 hours ? 50 in 4 is what ? Fifty miles in
    > four hours as a target ?

    You nominate a time ( either 3 or 4 hours) and then you have a ten min window either side to arrive
    as having completed it , too early or late don't count

  11. Nick Kew

    Nick Kew Guest

    In article <[email protected]>,
    "Just zis Guy, you know?" <[email protected]> writes:

    > Michael did not get a new bike this year. He did, however, get a French horn. A Paxman, at
    > that[1] :)

    With, I hope, a trailer suitable for transporting it by bike?

    > I once had a whim, and I had to obey it...

    hehehe ... someone sang that for our[1] xmas bash two months ago.

    [1] That's our opera group - and yes he can sing:)

    --
    Nick Kew

  12. Just Zis Guy

    Just Zis Guy Guest

    On Tue, 17 Feb 2004 21:51:36 +0000, [email protected] (Nick Kew)
    wrote in message <[email protected]>:

    >someone sang that for our[1] xmas bash two months ago.
    >[1] That's our opera group - and yes he can sing:)

    So can I - I blame the parents for singing Flanders & Swann to the lad at a tender age.

    Guy
    ===

  13. Just zis Guy, you know? wrote:

    > Michael did not get a new bike this year. He did, however, get a French horn. A Paxman, at
    > that[1] :)
    >
    > I once had a whim, and I had to obey it...
    >
    > [1] Thought to be one of the best makers.

    Take care he doesn't lose it...

    http://www.bhpc.org.uk/