Reflectors for Shimano SPD Pedals

Ian G Batten

Guest
The Shimano website lists reflectors for almost all of the SPD pedals, so (given the discussion
about lighting regulations) I think I'll fit a set. But I can't find anywhere that stocks them ---
everyone has the pedals, and the blurb quotes the reflector part number, but the reflector itself
isn't listed. Should I just order them from the shop I bought the pedals from, or is there an on-
line source of Shimano bits and pieces?

ian

Speaking of reflectors on pedals. Courtesy of Marc in Wales, I bought some orange/amber reflective
sticky material from him (offcuts) and have put some on my look pedals. Works a treat. I now have
Look pedals with reflectors on them
:)

Cheers, helen s

fortune h*$el*$$e**nd***$o$ts***i*$*$m**m$$o*n**s@$*$a$$o**l.c**$*$om$$

> Speaking of reflectors on pedals. Courtesy of Marc in Wales, I bought some orange/amber reflective
> sticky material from him (offcuts) and have put some on my look pedals. Works a treat. I now have
> Look pedals with reflectors on them :)
Me too, also courtesy of Marc, mine are white. I have blue + white chequered design on my mudguard
too and white strips on my cranks

--
The Reply & From email addresses are checked rarely. http://www.mseries.freeserve.co.uk

"dirtylitterboxofferingstospammers" <[email protected]> wrote in
message news:[email protected]...

> Speaking of reflectors on pedals. Courtesy of Marc in Wales, I bought some orange/amber reflective
> sticky material from him (offcuts) and have put
some on
> my look pedals. Works a treat. I now have Look pedals with reflectors on
them

Good plan, but if it's not kitemarked it's still technically illegal.

--
Guy
===

http://www.chapmancentral.co.uk

Just zis Guy, you know? wrote:
> "dirtylitterboxofferingstospammers" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:20040211060923.13026.00001964@mb-
> m02.aol.com...
>
>> Speaking of reflectors on pedals. Courtesy of Marc in Wales, I bought some orange/amber
>> reflective sticky material from him (offcuts) and have put some on my look pedals. Works a treat.
>> I now have Look pedals with reflectors on them
>

> Good plan, but if it's not kitemarked it's still technically illegal.

True but the alternative would be no reflectors so I don't feel so bad, my lights are technically
illegal too.

On Wed, 11 Feb 2004 20:37:10 -0000, "MSeries"
<[email protected]>:

>> Good plan, but if it's not kitemarked it's still technically illegal.

>True but the alternative would be no reflectors so I don't feel so bad, my lights are technically
>illegal too.

No problem - you just have to remember. I guess it would just about be possible to make my bike
comply, but only by the exercise of considerable ingenuity.

Guy
===
http://chapmancentral.demon.co.uk

88% of helmet statistics are made up, 65% of them at the University of Washington.

Just zis Guy, you know? <[email protected]> wrote:

> > Speaking of reflectors on pedals. Courtesy of Marc in Wales, I bought some orange/amber
> > reflective sticky material from him (offcuts) and have put
> some on
> > my look pedals. Works a treat. I now have Look pedals with reflectors on
> them
>

> Good plan, but if it's not kitemarked it's still technically illegal.

I bought Gethin a set of Spds for Xmas (1) and they came with a clip in platform which were fitted
with reflectors

(1) and a Lemond Nevada City last week for his Bday. He finished the club reliability ride ( 50 in
4) the next day 65 miles in total, I packed after 25 ! :-(

--
Marc. Please note the above address is a spam trap, use marcc to reply Printing for clubs of all
types http://www.jaceeprint.demon.co.uk Stickers, banners & clothing, for clubs,teams, magazines

marc wrote:

> .... reliability ride ( 50 in 4) the next day 65 miles in total, I packed after 25 ! :-(

How does that work, see who can ride the furthest in 4 hours ? 50 in 4 is what ? Fifty miles in four
hours as a target ?

--
The Reply & From email addresses are checked rarely. http://www.mseries.freeserve.co.uk

On Tue, 17 Feb 2004 12:11:25 +0000, [email protected] (marc)
wrote in message <1g9av37.1qftdc07g57etN%[email protected]>:

>and a Lemond Nevada City last week for his Bday.

Michael did not get a new bike this year. He did, however, get a French horn. A Paxman, at
that[1] :)

I once had a whim, and I had to obey it...

[1] Thought to be one of the best makers.

Guy
===
http://chapmancentral.demon.co.uk

> > .... reliability ride ( 50 in 4) the next day 65 miles in total, I packed after 25 ! :-(
>
> How does that work, see who can ride the furthest in 4 hours ? 50 in 4 is what ? Fifty miles in
> four hours as a target ?

You nominate a time ( either 3 or 4 hours) and then you have a ten min window either side to arrive
as having completed it , too early or late don't count

In article <[email protected]>,
"Just zis Guy, you know?" <[email protected]> writes:

> Michael did not get a new bike this year. He did, however, get a French horn. A Paxman, at
> that[1] :)

With, I hope, a trailer suitable for transporting it by bike?

> I once had a whim, and I had to obey it...

hehehe ... someone sang that for our[1] xmas bash two months ago.

[1] That's our opera group - and yes he can sing:)

--
Nick Kew

On Tue, 17 Feb 2004 21:51:36 +0000, [email protected] (Nick Kew)
wrote in message <[email protected]>:

>someone sang that for our[1] xmas bash two months ago.
>[1] That's our opera group - and yes he can sing:)

So can I - I blame the parents for singing Flanders & Swann to the lad at a tender age.

Guy
===

Just zis Guy, you know? wrote:

> Michael did not get a new bike this year. He did, however, get a French horn. A Paxman, at
> that[1] :)
>
> I once had a whim, and I had to obey it...
>
> [1] Thought to be one of the best makers.

Take care he doesn't lose it...

http://www.bhpc.org.uk/