rec.bicycles.rides archive · Public discussion

Refresh my memory on the Wallkill Valley Rail Trail

Started by Ny Rides · · Last activity · 2 posts · 776 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
rec.bicycles.rides archive
Published
9 September 2003
Last activity
10 September 2003
Original author
Ny Rides
Posts
2
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
776
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–2 of 2
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. Funny thing. This one is on my website from the first time I rode it, but I can't remember much
    about it now. This weekend is "Taste of New Paltz" and I thought I'd bring my wife up there for some
    festival and some rail trailing. As I always mention in my posts, she's not a big rail-trail fan
    because there usually aren't enough places to stop along the routes. Is Wallkill that way? Is it all
    wilderness and mountains, or do you pass through some towns?

    Thanks?

    --
    Low-Impact Rides In The LI/NY Area www.geocities.com/NYRides

  2. If you start from New Paltz, New York and go south, the Wallkill Valley Rail Trail goes right thru
    the village of Gardiner, where you can get some food.

    Last I checked, the part of the Rail Trail that is open does not go as far south as Wallkill,
    but if you look at the map on the Bike Hudson Valley website -
    roberts-1.commap you'll see some ideas for roads that
    do connect from the south end of the open rail trail to Wallkill, and also to a large, pretty
    horse farm.

    Ken

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.