Regional NYC Team announced- wankies

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by David Sommervil, Jan 23, 2003.

  1. Ha - Cyclingnews must be sooo slow right now. Maybe they will post my wanker information for
    next season!

    I especially like the part "focus on CRCA Team Cup series" - its a local club race that only CRCA
    riders can enter. At least they could have listed it last in the list of races they want to
    do.

    Maurice maybe you can pull through on this lead-out from me?

    These are the old Bicycle Renaissance guys. I heard that team folded albeit they were the best
    funded, best dressed, geared up CRCA club race boys on the CRCA club race circuit. One of my friends
    used to say about these guys "an out of town race for them is Brooklyn."

    enjoy,

    David Sommerville http://davidsommerville.com [email protected]

    Sakonnet Technology 2003

    New York City based Sakonnet Technology has announced the sponsorship of a north-east regional
    cycling team for the 2003 season. Sakonnet Technology, a provider of energy trading and risk
    management systems to companies in the global energy markets, is making its debut in sports
    sponsorship.

    "We are very happy to have attracted a top notch forward thinking company like Sakonnet Technology
    to become our patron for the following season" said Team Manager Basil Moutsopoulos. "Captained by
    former Saturn rider John Loehner and fast men Eric (Kyoo) Min and Kevin Molloy we are looking to
    make a strong impact in the region."

    As part of the Century Road Club Association of New York City the eleven rider squad will focus on
    the CRCA Team Cup Series, the Lou Maltese Classic, the GS Mengoni Grand Prix, the State Championship
    series and elite regional races such as the Housatonic Valley Classic and the Univest Grand Prix.

    Sakonnet Technology Team roster Riders

    John Loehner, Brooklyn, NY (Category 1) Jim McDade, Manhattan, NY (Category 2) Eric (Kyoo) Min,
    Manhattan, NY and London, UK (Category 2) Kevin Molloy, Manhattan, NY (Category 2) Basil
    Moutsopoulos, Manhattan, NY (Category 2) Jason Priest, Manhattan, NY (Category 2) John Podesta,
    Manhattan, NY (Category 2) Karl Rahn, Manhattan, NY (Category 2) Robert Rigg, Manhattan, NY
    (Category 2) Chris Romero, Manhattan, NY (Category 2) Robert Weyman, Manhattan, NY (Category 2)

    Staff

    Team President: Thurstan Bannister Team Manager: Basil Moutsopoulos

    Sponsors

    Sakonnet Technology Larry & Jeff's Bicycles Plus Bikes: Fuji Bicycles Tyres: Gommitalia Tires
    Helmets: Giro Clothing: Giordana Massage lotions: Dul-x Natural remedies: Olbas

  2. >Subject: Regional NYC Team announced- wankies From: "David Sommerville" [email protected]
    >Date: 12/20/2002 6:21 PM Mountain Standard Time Message-id:
    ><[email protected]>
    >
    >Ha - Cyclingnews must be sooo slow right now. Maybe they will post my wanker information for
    >next season!
    >
    >I especially like the part "focus on CRCA Team Cup series" - its a local club race that only CRCA
    >riders can enter. At least they could have listed it last in the list of races they want to
    >do.
    >
    >Maurice maybe you can pull through on this lead-out from me?
    >
    >These are the old Bicycle Renaissance guys. I heard that team folded albeit they were the best
    >funded, best dressed, geared up CRCA club race boys on the CRCA club race circuit. One of my
    >friends used to say about these guys "an out of town race for them is Brooklyn."
    >
    >enjoy,
    >
    >David Sommerville http://davidsommerville.com [email protected]
    >
    >Sakonnet Technology 2003
    >
    >New York City based Sakonnet Technology has announced the sponsorship of a north-east regional
    >cycling team for the 2003 season. Sakonnet Technology, a provider of energy trading and risk
    >management systems to companies in the global energy markets, is making its debut in sports
    >sponsorship.
    >
    >"We are very happy to have attracted a top notch forward thinking company like Sakonnet Technology
    >to become our patron for the following season" said Team Manager Basil Moutsopoulos. "Captained by
    >former Saturn rider John Loehner and fast men Eric (Kyoo) Min and Kevin Molloy we are looking to
    >make a strong impact in the region."
    >
    >As part of the Century Road Club Association of New York City the eleven rider squad will focus on
    >the CRCA Team Cup Series, the Lou Maltese Classic, the GS Mengoni Grand Prix, the State
    >Championship series and elite regional races such as the Housatonic Valley Classic and the Univest
    >Grand Prix.
    >
    >Sakonnet Technology Team roster Riders
    >
    >John Loehner, Brooklyn, NY (Category 1) Jim McDade, Manhattan, NY (Category 2) Eric (Kyoo) Min,
    >Manhattan, NY and London, UK (Category 2) Kevin Molloy, Manhattan, NY (Category 2) Basil
    >Moutsopoulos, Manhattan, NY (Category 2) Jason Priest, Manhattan, NY (Category 2) John Podesta,
    >Manhattan, NY (Category 2) Karl Rahn, Manhattan, NY (Category 2) Robert Rigg, Manhattan, NY
    >(Category 2) Chris Romero, Manhattan, NY (Category 2) Robert Weyman, Manhattan, NY (Category 2)
    >
    >Staff
    >
    >Team President: Thurstan Bannister Team Manager: Basil Moutsopoulos
    >
    >Sponsors
    >
    >Sakonnet Technology Larry & Jeff's Bicycles Plus Bikes: Fuji Bicycles Tyres: Gommitalia Tires
    >Helmets: Giro Clothing: Giordana Massage lotions: Dul-x Natural remedies: Olbas
    >--

    Sommerville - How do you do it? First you bring us the Wheelworks acquisition of eneas and herriot,
    now this! Your rolodex must be your most prized possesion. Move over Champ!

    Rod Kingston Never wastes his time with yellow line races.

  3. VRod,

    Only Harriot signed. But with Crackenfail getting ready to go Chapter 11 maybe its will just be
    called "Wheelworks" Either way I wish him luck and the rest of the team.

    Eneas Freyre is staying with Kissena for the moment. (subject to change at any given second since
    there seems to be a new pro team every few days pop up.)

    Tell you mom to pull through.

    Davester " likes to ride RIGHT SMACK DAB on the yellow line" "once crashed VERY hard (39mph) at
    Killington because of yellow line rule" "staying amateur since I am will be the only one left."

    news:[email protected]...