    Sent: 18 November 2005 04:46

    To: [email protected]

    Subject: FW: Registering for forums

    -----Original Message-----

    Sent: 11 November 2005 06:58

    To: [email protected]

    Subject: Registering for forums

    I have emailed before re this but got no reply. I am unable to register. Its

    says something about cookies. I have searched on how to switch this on, and

    carried out these changes but am still unable to register.

    Tags:

  2. Dave Pickles

    Dave Pickles Guest

    Trevor wrote:

    > I am still unable to register for the RA forums. My request for help for
    > them wasn't very successful.
    >
    > On trying to register it dsays I need cookies enabled, which I have, and
    > thats as far as I get. Has anyone overcome this problem?

    It looks like they need 'referer' information to be supplied by your browser
    when you click on the "agree" button. Many privacy-protecting applications
    (I use Privoxy) remove the referer from web requests; you can usually set
    up an exception to allow this one site to work.

    Then request RA to update their website with the FULL technical
    requirements.
    --
    Dave

  3. Bitstring <[email protected]>, from the
    wonderful person Trevor <[email protected]> said
    >I am still unable to register for the RA forums. My request for help for
    >them wasn't very successful.
    >
    >On trying to register it dsays I need cookies enabled, which I have, and
    >thats as far as I get. Has anyone overcome this problem?

    Try a different browser. Firefox works good!!

    --
    GSV Three Minds in a Can

  4. On Fri, 25 Nov 2005 16:49:42 -0000, "Trevor"
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    >Sorry but we cannot provide IT support for individual users.

    If I ever got a response like that I'd not only give them up as a bad
    job, bad advertise their appalling attitude as widely as possible.
    Though maybe that's what you're doing here ;-)

    S.

    --
    Oppose ID cards and the database state - sign the pledge at
    http://www.pledgebank.com/refuse

  5. Dewi

    Dewi Guest

    On Fri, 25 Nov 2005 20:38:37 +0000, Simon Caldwell
    <[email protected]> dropped their trousers and said:

    >On Fri, 25 Nov 2005 16:49:42 -0000, "Trevor"
    ><[email protected]> wrote:
    >

    >>Sorry but we cannot provide IT support for individual users.
    >>

    >If I ever got a response like that I'd not only give them up as a bad
    >job, bad advertise their appalling attitude as widely as possible.
    >Though maybe that's what you're doing here ;-)
    >
    >S.

    That's the trouble with the RA, they try and walk all over you...

    Dewi
    (No cord around the neck please...)

  6. Trevor

    Trevor Guest

    Have now got round it by switching off my firewall - a very unsatisfactory
    workround. Unfortunately I don't know what username I put in and it won't
    let me register again!

  7. Dick

    Dick Guest

    On Sat, 26 Nov 2005 08:39:07 -0000, "Trevor"
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    >Have now got round it by switching off my firewall - a very unsatisfactory
    >workround. Unfortunately I don't know what username I put in and it won't
    >let me register again!

    Give that man a medal for bravery and one for foolhardiness.

  8. Bitstring <[email protected]>, from the
    wonderful person Trevor <[email protected]> said
    >Have now got round it by switching off my firewall - a very unsatisfactory
    >workround. Unfortunately I don't know what username I put in and it won't
    >let me register again!

    Just create another user (assuming you are on XP) and it ought let you
    start from scratch. Or find the offending cookie stored on your machine
    and read it (the name may well be in there) or just delete it .. the
    only way it can know you 'already registered' is either by the cookie,
    or (if it's being really stupid) by looking at your IP address.

    --
    GSV Three Minds in a Can

  9. On Fri, 25 Nov 2005 22:59:47 +0000, Dewi <[email protected]>
    wrote:

    >That's the trouble with the RA, they try and walk all over you...

    B'dum Tsch!

    --
    Oppose ID cards and the database state - sign the pledge at
    http://www.pledgebank.com/refuse

  10. mal

    mal Guest

    The Ramblers need to get their act together, I joined online paid by
    debit card no problem, but when I tried to renew via the same method I
    found I couldnt, after complaining I was told to send a cheque but they
    prefered to set up direct debit, I pay everything via one card simply
    so I know where I am at financially, the ramblers flatly refused to
    take a debit card so I am now an ex-member.

    Malc

  11. Dewi

    Dewi Guest

    On 26 Nov 2005 13:42:10 -0800, "mal" <[email protected]>
    dropped their trousers and said:

    >The Ramblers need to get their act together, I joined online paid by
    >debit card no problem, but when I tried to renew via the same method I
    >found I couldnt, after complaining I was told to send a cheque but they
    >prefered to set up direct debit, I pay everything via one card simply
    >so I know where I am at financially, the ramblers flatly refused to
    >take a debit card so I am now an ex-member.
    >
    >Malc

    Sounds like an organisation that has grown to big to have bother about
    members...

    Dewi
    (No cord around the neck please...)

  12. I've had similar problems on other sites which have been resolved by
    deleting the site's cookies and starting again. Often works. Mind you,
    it's easier to find the cookies in Firefox than IE.
    --
    Patrick
    (Currently listening to the wife on the phone to her son in Australia)

  13. I've had similar problems on other sites which have been resolved by