Registering for ramblers association forums



T

Trevor

Guest
I am still unable to register for the RA forums. My request for help for
them wasn't very successful.

On trying to register it dsays I need cookies enabled, which I have, and
thats as far as I get. Has anyone overcome this problem?

Sorry but we cannot provide IT support for individual users.

-----Original Message-----



Sent: 18 November 2005 04:46

To: [email protected]

Subject: FW: Registering for forums







-----Original Message-----



Sent: 11 November 2005 06:58

To: [email protected]

Subject: Registering for forums



I have emailed before re this but got no reply. I am unable to register. Its

says something about cookies. I have searched on how to switch this on, and

carried out these changes but am still unable to register.
 
D

Dave Pickles

Guest
Trevor wrote:

> I am still unable to register for the RA forums. My request for help for
> them wasn't very successful.
>
> On trying to register it dsays I need cookies enabled, which I have, and
> thats as far as I get. Has anyone overcome this problem?


It looks like they need 'referer' information to be supplied by your browser
when you click on the "agree" button. Many privacy-protecting applications
(I use Privoxy) remove the referer from web requests; you can usually set
up an exception to allow this one site to work.

Then request RA to update their website with the FULL technical
requirements.
--
Dave
 
G

GSV Three Minds in a Can

Guest
Bitstring <[email protected]>, from the
wonderful person Trevor <[email protected]> said
>I am still unable to register for the RA forums. My request for help for
>them wasn't very successful.
>
>On trying to register it dsays I need cookies enabled, which I have, and
>thats as far as I get. Has anyone overcome this problem?


Try a different browser. Firefox works good!!

--
GSV Three Minds in a Can
Contact recommends the use of Firefox; SC recommends it at gunpoint.
 
S

Simon Caldwell

Guest
On Fri, 25 Nov 2005 16:49:42 -0000, "Trevor"
<[email protected]> wrote:

>
>Sorry but we cannot provide IT support for individual users.
>


If I ever got a response like that I'd not only give them up as a bad
job, bad advertise their appalling attitude as widely as possible.
Though maybe that's what you're doing here ;-)

S.

--
Oppose ID cards and the database state - sign the pledge at
http://www.pledgebank.com/refuse
 
D

Dewi

Guest
On Fri, 25 Nov 2005 20:38:37 +0000, Simon Caldwell
<[email protected]> dropped their trousers and said:

>On Fri, 25 Nov 2005 16:49:42 -0000, "Trevor"
><[email protected]> wrote:
>
>>
>>Sorry but we cannot provide IT support for individual users.
>>

>
>If I ever got a response like that I'd not only give them up as a bad
>job, bad advertise their appalling attitude as widely as possible.
>Though maybe that's what you're doing here ;-)
>
>S.


That's the trouble with the RA, they try and walk all over you...


Dewi
(No cord around the neck please...)
 
T

Trevor

Guest
Have now got round it by switching off my firewall - a very unsatisfactory
workround. Unfortunately I don't know what username I put in and it won't
let me register again!
 
D

Dick

Guest
On Sat, 26 Nov 2005 08:39:07 -0000, "Trevor"
<[email protected]> wrote:

>Have now got round it by switching off my firewall - a very unsatisfactory
>workround. Unfortunately I don't know what username I put in and it won't
>let me register again!
>


Give that man a medal for bravery and one for foolhardiness.
 
G

GSV Three Minds in a Can

Guest
Bitstring <[email protected]>, from the
wonderful person Trevor <[email protected]> said
>Have now got round it by switching off my firewall - a very unsatisfactory
>workround. Unfortunately I don't know what username I put in and it won't
>let me register again!


Just create another user (assuming you are on XP) and it ought let you
start from scratch. Or find the offending cookie stored on your machine
and read it (the name may well be in there) or just delete it .. the
only way it can know you 'already registered' is either by the cookie,
or (if it's being really stupid) by looking at your IP address.

--
GSV Three Minds in a Can
Contact recommends the use of Firefox; SC recommends it at gunpoint.
 
M

mal

Guest
The Ramblers need to get their act together, I joined online paid by
debit card no problem, but when I tried to renew via the same method I
found I couldnt, after complaining I was told to send a cheque but they
prefered to set up direct debit, I pay everything via one card simply
so I know where I am at financially, the ramblers flatly refused to
take a debit card so I am now an ex-member.

Malc
 
D

Dewi

Guest
On 26 Nov 2005 13:42:10 -0800, "mal" <[email protected]>
dropped their trousers and said:

>The Ramblers need to get their act together, I joined online paid by
>debit card no problem, but when I tried to renew via the same method I
>found I couldnt, after complaining I was told to send a cheque but they
>prefered to set up direct debit, I pay everything via one card simply
>so I know where I am at financially, the ramblers flatly refused to
>take a debit card so I am now an ex-member.
>
>Malc


Sounds like an organisation that has grown to big to have bother about
members...


Dewi
(No cord around the neck please...)
 
P

Pat the Chooks

Guest
I've had similar problems on other sites which have been resolved by
deleting the site's cookies and starting again. Often works. Mind you,
it's easier to find the cookies in Firefox than IE.
--
Patrick
(Currently listening to the wife on the phone to her son in Australia)
 
P

Pat the Chooks

Guest
I've had similar problems on other sites which have been resolved by
deleting the site's cookies and starting again. Often works. Mind you,
it's easier to find the cookies in Firefox than IE.
--
Patrick
(Currently listening to the wife on the phone to her son in Australia)