regluing leather to saddle shell

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by Gonzo Bob, Jun 22, 2004.

  1. Gonzo Bob

    Gonzo Bob Guest

    The leather covering has come detached from the plastic shell on one
    side of my saddle. What should I use to reglue it?

  2. Kenny Lee

    Kenny Lee Guest

    Gonzo Bob wrote:
    > The leather covering has come detached from the plastic shell on one
    > side of my saddle. What should I use to reglue it?

    I had the same problem with my SLR saddle. I used the same glue that I
    use for patching tubes. I think it's called rubber cement. For it to
    work properly apply the glue and wait for it to dry and then press the
    two pieces together.

    Kenny Lee

  3. A Muzi

    A Muzi Guest

    Gonzo Bob wrote:

    > The leather covering has come detached from the plastic shell on one
    > side of my saddle. What should I use to reglue it?

    Stop by shoemaker's. They have the right adhesives.

    --
    Andrew Muzi
    www.yellowjersey.org

  4. Bill

    Bill Guest

    "Gonzo Bob" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > The leather covering has come detached from the plastic shell on one
    > side of my saddle. What should I use to reglue it?
    >

    > --

  5. Bill

    Bill Guest

    Barge brand rubber cement - shoe makers use it.
    "Gonzo Bob" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > The leather covering has come detached from the plastic shell on one
    > side of my saddle. What should I use to reglue it?
    >

    > --

  6. Peter Cole

    Peter Cole Guest

    "Gonzo Bob" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > The leather covering has come detached from the plastic shell on one
    > side of my saddle. What should I use to reglue it?

    I used contact cement.

  7. John Everett

    John Everett Guest

    On Tue, 22 Jun 2004 21:38:05 GMT, Gonzo Bob
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    >The leather covering has come detached from the plastic shell on one
    >side of my saddle. What should I use to reglue it?

    I highly recommend 3M Hi-Tack.

  8. John Everett <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > On Tue, 22 Jun 2004 21:38:05 GMT, Gonzo Bob
    > <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    > >The leather covering has come detached from the plastic shell on one
    > >side of my saddle. What should I use to reglue it?

    > I highly recommend 3M Hi-Tack.
    >

    > jeverett3<AT>earthlink<DOT>net http://home.earthlink.net/~jeverett3

    This 3M product is excellent and is called weather stripping glue in
    Canada.
    Some riders use it to glue on tubies. Once the tire is on it will be
    difficult to get off. If you try to take the tire off you can easily
    ruin the rim tape making the tire unuseable.