regluing leather to saddle shell

Gonzo Bob

New Member
Feb 13, 2004
The leather covering has come detached from the plastic shell on one side of my saddle. What should I use to reglue it?

Gonzo Bob wrote:
> The leather covering has come detached from the plastic
> shell on one side of my saddle. What should I use to
> reglue it?

I had the same problem with my SLR saddle. I used the same
glue that I use for patching tubes. I think it's called
rubber cement. For it to work properly apply the glue and
wait for it to dry and then press the two pieces together.

Kenny Lee

Gonzo Bob wrote:

> The leather covering has come detached from the plastic
> shell on one side of my saddle. What should I use to
> reglue it?

Stop by shoemaker's. They have the right adhesives.

--
Andrew Muzi www.yellowjersey.org Open every day since 1
April, 1971

John Everett <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> On Tue, 22 Jun 2004 21:38:05 GMT, Gonzo Bob <usenet-
> [email protected]> wrote:
>
> >The leather covering has come detached from the plastic
> >shell on one side of my saddle. What should I use to
> >reglue it?
>
> I highly recommend 3M Hi-Tack.
>

> jeverett3<AT>earthlink<DOT>net
> http://home.earthlink.net/~jeverett3

This 3M product is excellent and is called weather stripping
glue in Canada. Some riders use it to glue on tubies. Once
the tire is on it will be difficult to get off. If you try
to take the tire off you can easily ruin the rim tape making
the tire unuseable.