Regular Frame Pump or Co2 Inflator (which do you use)

Cyclist14

Oct 13, 2004
I have a Genuine Innovations Ultraflate Pro with a SmartHead valve. It takes 12,16 and 25 gram cartridges, threaded or non-threaded. Just wondering what you guys (or girls) have.

I have the same thing...it's saved my life 4 or 5 times...I use a 16gm cartridge....it's small, easy to carry in an under-saddle bag, works every time (so far)...from my experience, it's best to let all the CO2 out of the Tire when you get home and re-inflate with "Real air"...
We had a fairly lengthy thread on this a while back....

Cyclist14 said:
I have a Genuine Innovations Ultraflate Pro with a SmartHead valve. It takes 12,16 and 25 gram cartridges, threaded or non-threaded. Just wondering what you guys (or girls) have.

Cyclist14 said:
I carry a CO2 12g on my bike and use a floor pump at home. The 12g containers are a bit small so I carry two cartridges and they have saved my but on more occations than I can count.

On long rides I carry both. I have a cute little micro-flate screw on/screw off jobby that will give me about 100 PSI, give or take. I have, however, made the mistake of unscrewing the cartridge too fast and losing most of the co2, giving me the opportunity to ponder the usefulness and relative convenience of a frame pump whilst riding 15 miles home on 60 psi or so :mad: I have since gotten a bit more skillful with the microflate though and haven't had any problems which is nice because I don't know about you guys but I hate putting 100+ psi into a tore with a hand pump.

NW