REI Novara bikes any good?

Rockstar

Guest
I was in REI today looking at bikes to buy. The $400 dollar Novara seemed
like a good deal. I must say the REI salesperson was very helpful.

Any other ideas.

I probally will only be riding 4 or 5 times a month on the fire roads above
JPL.

I was thinking it would be cool to do a loop from JPL up to Wilson then
down the toll road back to JPL.

Anyone else do that ride? How long does it take?

Rockstar

"Rockstar" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
>I was in REI today looking at bikes to buy. The $400 dollar Novara seemed
> like a good deal. I must say the REI salesperson was very helpful.
>
> Any other ideas.
>
> I probally will only be riding 4 or 5 times a month on the fire roads
> above
> JPL.
>
> I was thinking it would be cool to do a loop from JPL up to Wilson then
> down the toll road back to JPL.
>
> Anyone else do that ride? How long does it take?
>
> Rockstar

Can't comment on the bike, don't know anything about Novara. If you stay on
the fireroads it should be OK. The singletracks on Mt. Wilson can be tuff
and would most likely destroy a $400 bike.

Mt. Wilson Toll Road is washed out and impassable. Mt. Lowe Fireroad is
steep until Cape of Good Hope and should be rideable to Markham Saddle (Mt
Wilson Road).

Someone else will have to tell you how long to the top because I bail out
Mt. Lowe and take Sam Merrill, Echo, Sunset singletracks back down.

Rockstar wrote:
> I was in REI today looking at bikes to buy. The $400 dollar Novara seemed
> like a good deal. I must say the REI salesperson was very helpful.
>
> Any other ideas.
>
> I probally will only be riding 4 or 5 times a month on the fire roads above
> JPL.
>
> I was thinking it would be cool to do a loop from JPL up to Wilson then
> down the toll road back to JPL.
>
> Anyone else do that ride? How long does it take?
>
> Rockstar

Good enough for an asshat like you. Why don't you get a Wallyworld
special to put on the back of that H2 of yours? Being the "fit" guy you
are, why not get a singlespeed. We know how much you want to impress
your 19 year old girlfriend.

--
o-o-o-o Ride-A-Lot o-o-o-o
www.schnauzers.ws

er, what and where is JPL and Wilson?
This is an international forum, after all.

"Rockstar" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> I was in REI today looking at bikes to buy. The $400 dollar Novara seemed
> like a good deal. I must say the REI salesperson was very helpful.
>
> Any other ideas.
>
> I probally will only be riding 4 or 5 times a month on the fire roads

above
> JPL.
>
> I was thinking it would be cool to do a loop from JPL up to Wilson then
> down the toll road back to JPL.
>
> Anyone else do that ride? How long does it take?
>
> Rockstar

"Gwood" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> er, what and where is JPL and Wilson?
> This is an international forum, after all.
>
> "Rockstar" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>> I was in REI today looking at bikes to buy. The $400 dollar Novara seemed
>> like a good deal. I must say the REI salesperson was very helpful.
>>
>> Any other ideas.
>>
>> I probally will only be riding 4 or 5 times a month on the fire roads

> above
>> JPL.
>>
>> I was thinking it would be cool to do a loop from JPL up to Wilson then
>> down the toll road back to JPL.
>>
>> Anyone else do that ride? How long does it take?
>>
>> Rockstar

(JPL) Jet Propulsion Lab and Mt. Wilson Pasadena, CA.

"Slack" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> On Tue, 15 Mar 2005 15:52:55 -0800, Gwood <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>> er, what and where is JPL and Wilson?
>> This is an international forum, after all.
>>

> Basically, Los Angeles.
>
> http://www.astro.ucla.edu/~obs/towercam.htm
> http://www.mtwilson.edu/
>
> And http://www.jpl.nasa.gov/ which at the base of Mt Wilson. There's a
> network of trials that go from the top to the bottom of the mtn.
> --
> Slack

Slack you are wrong! The trails go from the bottom to the top.

"Dean A. Stepper" <[email protected]> wrote in message

> "Slack" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > On Tue, 15 Mar 2005 15:52:55 -0800, Gwood <[email protected]> wrote:
> >
> >> er, what and where is JPL and Wilson?
> >> This is an international forum, after all.
> >>

> > Basically, Los Angeles.
> >
> > http://www.astro.ucla.edu/~obs/towercam.htm
> > http://www.mtwilson.edu/
> >
> > And http://www.jpl.nasa.gov/ which at the base of Mt Wilson. There's a
> > network of trials that go from the top to the bottom of the mtn.
> > --
> > Slack

> Slack you are wrong! The trails go from the bottom to the top.

LMMFAO! Heheheh, yeah, you been busted again Dew Boy Slack! ',;~}~

Shaun aRe

On Thu, 17 Mar 2005 01:03:17 -0800, Shaun aRe
<[email protected]> wrote:

> "Dean A. Stepper" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>>
>> "Slack" <[email protected]> wrote in message

>> > Basically, Los Angeles.
>> >
>> > http://www.astro.ucla.edu/~obs/towercam.htm
>> > http://www.mtwilson.edu/
>> >
>> > And http://www.jpl.nasa.gov/ which at the base of Mt Wilson. There's a
>> > network of trials that go from the top to the bottom of the mtn.
>> > --
>> > Slack

>> Slack you are wrong! The trails go from the bottom to the top.

> LMMFAO! Heheheh, yeah, you been busted again Dew Boy Slack! ',;~}~
>

> Shaun aRe

Ya know, it's funny, right after I sent that response I knew someone would
pick up on the DH slant :)

You can take the DH rig away from the rider, but ya can't take the DH out
of the rider!!!
--
Slack - going down... mentally

<[email protected]> wrote:

> "Dean A. Stepper" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>>
>> "Slack" <[email protected]> wrote in message

>> > Basically, Los Angeles.
>> >
>> > http://www.astro.ucla.edu/~obs/towercam.htm
>> > http://www.mtwilson.edu/
>> >
>> > And http://www.jpl.nasa.gov/ which at the base of Mt Wilson. There's a
>> > network of trials that go from the top to the bottom of the mtn.
>> > --
>> > Slack

>> Slack you are wrong! The trails go from the bottom to the top.

> LMMFAO! Heheheh, yeah, you been busted again Dew Boy Slack! ',;~}~
>

> Shaun aRe
>

> Ya know, it's funny, right after I sent that response I knew someone would
> pick up on the DH slant :)

Heheheheh. ',;~}~

> You can take the DH rig away from the rider,

Well maybe most of it...

> but ya can't take the DH out
> of the rider!!!

....Or the embedded pieces of the DH rig, for that mater ',;~}~

> Slack - going down... mentally

Didn't think there was room left for you to do that...

Shaun aRe

Ah. Guess it should have been obvious from the Rockstar sig...