REI Warranty

Frank Drackman wrote:

> I called them back and said that I would pay for any new parts, and labor to
> switch parts from my old bike and build on new frame.

I understand why you did that, but I think it's being a bit too noble.

Had the frame not broken, you would not be out any money at all. It's
not taking advantage of REI to accept their offer to make you whole
again. Now if you wanted to upgrade or replace parts that _could_
otherwise be re-used from your old bicycle, than of course you'd be
expected to pay.

When I go to Sears to get a replacement ratchet after 20 years I feel no
guilt. They were the ones that offered the lifetime warranty, and I'm
not doing anything wrong by asking them to honor it, and they honor it
without hesitation. In fact the warranty is probably the reason I paid
more for the Craftsman tool in the first place, since in reality the
quality isn't all that great and everyone knows that it will eventually
break.

i stopped using rei when they started having ecotours to some places that
humans have no business going- we are to distructive and you know it -sierra
club does the same thing

rei service is however great

peter
news:[email protected]...

ilaboo aka Peter Lener wrote:
> i stopped using rei when they started having ecotours to some places that
> humans have no business going- we are to distructive and you know it -sierra
> club does the same thing
>
> rei service is however great

Does REI offer replacement "Shift" keys?

"Localized intense suction such as tornadoes is created when temperature
differences are high enough between meeting air masses, and can impart
excessive energy onto a cyclist." - Randy Schlitter