Reid Cycles

Status
Not open for further replies.

gubbageeber

Mar 7, 2015
Do not under any circumstances whatsoever purchase a bike from Reid Cycles

I recently purchased a Griffon Custom Fixie from reid and am appalled at the workmanship, service and quality of the product

Advertised as a reliable, sturdy and "Australias best value pub bike"/

Seat pole clamp has come loose 8 times in a month, very dangerous

Rear wheel 5 punctures in a week, despite using new rim tape, wheel being retrued, and using maxxis tubes and refuse rear tyre tyre

Am purchasing new rear rim and replacing seat pole clamp from the local bike store.

Life goes on........

This has been a public service announcement.

Hi gubbageeber. Sorry you've been having trouble with flats. Considering all the changes you've made though and the many possible reasons for a flat tyre, it is a rather long bow to blame the bike. Seat pole clamp is an issue that would be covered by warranty however - please return the bike to the store for repair/replacement or contact [email protected]

The Griffon is a very solid bike for $199 and we will happily fix this for you.

Cheers,
David

Hahahaha

I took the bike to your cooparoo store in brisbane and scott repaired the rim under warranty with electrical tape

Which yet again gave me another puncture

The office of fair trading will be in receipt of a complaint and the only time I will set foot in your store again will be with a Jerry can and a Zippo

Read the fine print

Gubba

gubbageeber said:
Hahahaha

I took the bike to your cooparoo store in brisbane and scott repaired the rim under warranty with electrical tape

Which yet again gave me another puncture

The office of fair trading will be in receipt of a complaint and the only time I will set foot in your store again will be with a Jerry can and a Zippo

Read the fine print

Gubba
Hi Gubba,

This is a completely ridiculous post, electrical tape is fine in my s-works venge. It doesn't cause punctures.

I would also prefer it if you didn't use my website to threaten people, nothing pisses me off more than having to waste time preparing evidence for stupid court cases. But whatever, go a head, stuff up my day.

Think before you post next time.

regards,

Steven

Are you in receipt of kickbacks from reid steve?

Numerous sources decry the use of electrical tape in deep dish rims as it can bubble and precipitate punctures.

Do us both a favour and ban me ****face

Unsolicited opions...insect

Status
Not open for further replies.