Reinventing the wheel (on topic!)

On Tue, 06 Dec 2005 13:25:56 +0000, Simon Brooke wrote:

> <URL:http://www.primidi.com/2004/04/05.html>

"So far, no one has found a road-and wheel combination in which the road
has the same shape as the wheel. That's an intriguing challenge for
mathematicians."

Circular/circular does it. As seen when a cyclist rides a Wall-of-Death.
Yes I _do_ mean cyclist, and a very strong lad he was!

Mike

Mike Causer wrote:
>On Tue, 06 Dec 2005 13:25:56 +0000, Simon Brooke wrote:
>
>> <URL:http://www.primidi.com/2004/04/05.html>

> "So far, no one has found a road-and wheel combination in which the road
> has the same shape as the wheel. That's an intriguing challenge for
> mathematicians."
>
>Circular/circular does it. As seen when a cyclist rides a Wall-of-Death.

As seen more frequently when a cyclist rides a straight road on the surface
of a globe.

Alan Braggins wrote:
> Mike Causer wrote:
>> On Tue, 06 Dec 2005 13:25:56 +0000, Simon Brooke wrote:
>>
>>> <URL:http://www.primidi.com/2004/04/05.html>

>> "So far, no one has found a road-and wheel combination in which the
>> road has the same shape as the wheel. That's an intriguing
>> challenge for mathematicians."
>>
>> Circular/circular does it. As seen when a cyclist rides a
>> Wall-of-Death.

> As seen more frequently when a cyclist rides a straight road on the
> surface of a globe.

Well, circular up to a point. The line on the globe being more circular, of
course.

--
Ambrose