Relacing drive side spokes- best method?

Dan Daniel

Guest
Ok, thanks to people's responses to my question about bent drive side spokes, I am going to replace
all the spokes on that side.

Any recommendations on the best method of swapping out the spokes?

My muddled thoughts lead me to doing the following:

- relax tension on drive side spokes (slowly- work around the wheel a few times to undo the nipples,
not undo one completely, then another, etc.)

- relace drive side spokes

- work around the wheel on the drive side spokes only to pull the wheel back to true with
proper dishing

- only after all of this will I touch the left side spokes for final truing and tensioning

(the wheel is very true now)

"Dan Daniel" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Ok, thanks to people's responses to my question about bent drive side spokes, I am going to
> replace all the spokes on that side.
>
> Any recommendations on the best method of swapping out the spokes?
>
> My muddled thoughts lead me to doing the following:
>
> - relax tension on drive side spokes (slowly- work around the wheel a few times to undo the
> nipples, not undo one completely, then another, etc.)
>
> - relace drive side spokes
>
> - work around the wheel on the drive side spokes only to pull the wheel back to true with proper
> dishing
>
> - only after all of this will I touch the left side spokes for final truing and tensioning
>
> (the wheel is very true now)

Well, I wouldn't do it that way personally. I'd just do them one at a time. Undo one, remove,
replace, tighten it back up. Just my opinion.

Cheers,

Scott..