Relatively New Rider

JayTrek

Jul 8, 2011
Hi everyone,

I have been riding off and on for the last couple of years. I have never been as passionate about it as I have wanted to be. Busyness keeps me out of the saddle too often.

I am also a type 2 diabetic. So riding is certainly something I need to do for my health.

So I look forward to learning from you guys as I take the next step in my journey in cycling.

Jason

Welcome to the forum Jay. I hope that you find more time to ride as much as you need to. Maybe you could make it a priority over something else in your life that is not making you healthier? Or maybe substituting it for some of the driving that you do. You know, short trips to the store or maybe part or all of your commute to work.

@64Paramount THANKS!!!

@kdelong That is exactly what I need to do.

I have a four year old Candy Apple Red Trek 1500 Roadie that I love.

Again...I look forward to sharing and learning from you guys.

I figured I would tag onto an existing "Relatively New Rider" post if you don't mind, JayTrek!

I grew up riding bikes and just in the past few months, I've been considering picking it up again! I am in the process of buying a bike (either an '85 Schwinn Prelude or a new Diamondback Hybrid - still trying to decide) and I can't wait to get on the road!

I'm looking forward to getting advice and meeting new people!

Morgan