remarkable post-Het Volk statements

Bart

Guest
in the QuickStep team: "everybody is motivated and does exactly what is asked whenever. That wasn't
the case in the former Domo team where there were some rotten apples." A journalist from Het
Nieuwsbald says "WRT this no names are mentioned, but Vainsteins is often suggested".

after Het Volk Van Heeswijk started crying, and refered to "2 lost years" and salary Domo would
still owe him. Lefevere: "huh? More like we payed him a 2 year vacation! His leg wont hurt this
year, right?! He was DEPRESSED, he can be glad we helped him on the market this winter."

"Bart" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> in the QuickStep team: "everybody is motivated and does exactly what is asked whenever. That
> wasn't the case in the former Domo team where there were some rotten apples." A journalist from
> Het Nieuwsbald says "WRT this no names are mentioned, but Vainsteins is often suggested".
>
> after Het Volk Van Heeswijk started crying, and refered to "2 lost years" and salary Domo would
> still owe him. Lefevere: "huh? More like we payed him a 2 year vacation! His leg wont hurt this
> year, right?! He was DEPRESSED, he can be glad we helped him on the market this winter."

I'm missing what Van Heeswijk was complaining about.

Care to expound?

Kurgan Gringioni wrote:

> I'm missing what Van Heeswijk was complaining about.

so do I. Its obvious he feels sad about preformance prior to this season, responsabilities and
reasons will remain a this vs. that game. I don't think Lefevere would say what he said without
reason. But on such a succesful day he should have been gentleman enought to enjoy and not argue.

"Bart" <[email protected]> wrote
> But on such a succesful day he should have been gentleman enough to enjoy and not argue.

I've known some poor losers, but he seems like a poor winner.

Bart, Edwoud, Jeff, Did Bettini give it all in the sprint? -Mike

Mike Owens wrote:

> Bart, Edwoud, Jeff, Did Bettini give it all in the sprint? -Mike

briefly, enough to understand.

Van Heeswijk was REALLY superb saturday. He bridged solo to the 6 leaders on the Molenberg, leaving
Van Petegem parked.

On Mon, 3 Mar 2003 09:41:42 -0500, Mike Owens wrote:
>Bart, Edwoud, Jeff, Did Bettini give it all in the sprint?

Obvious, but interesting question. I say, yes. But I also think he would've had a better chance at
coming second if he jumped a lot earlier. Now he waited for MvH who already had a bike length when
Bettini reacted; too late. PB sat up at 50m and cheered like he did in Zolder.

> > Bart, Edwoud, Jeff, Did Bettini give it all in the sprint? -Mike
>
> briefly, enough to understand.

Yep - there were words between VH and Museeuw inside the last 10km too.

> Van Heeswijk was REALLY superb saturday. He bridged solo to the 6 leaders on the Molenberg,
> leaving Van Petegem parked.

He was very impressive, and didn't try to sit on the break once he got there. Maybe he should have?

Jeff

Jeff Jones wrote:

> He was very impressive, and didn't try to sit on the break once he got there. Maybe he
> should have?

In the situation he got into (7 men group) placing 2nd was 'normally' the best possible result.

"Bart" <[email protected]> wrote
> Van Heeswijk was REALLY superb saturday. He bridged solo to the 6 leaders on the Molenberg,
> leaving Van Petegem parked.

I'm doing this from memory, but I seem to recall van Heeswijk was in a smallish group of maybe 7 or
8 (representing maybe 6 or 7 teams), with PVP, perhaps 8 seconds back of the gang of six (4 Quick
Steps, Farazijn, and Pozzato). He bridged solo. I think one other guy tried to bridge with him (not
PVP) but fell back.

I think Bettini made a token sprint move at the end.

Bart wrote :

> In the situation he got into (7 men group) placing 2nd was 'normally' the best possible result.

Van Heeswijk was never going to win , he knew that very early on when in the break.

It could have been worse, he might have got third, now that would have been unprofessional..........................