Remember my Bran Muffin Query?

Melba'S Jammin

Guest
Well, guess what! I found the All-Bran BUDS at Byerly's. Not
cheap! Moe than $4 for a smallish box. The look like Grape
Nuts but do mush up in liquid.

I made half the recipe and the first 18 are in the oven as
we speak. Looks like I'll get a good 4-5 dozen from the half
batch. I'm thinking about adding some blueberries to the
last of them. Maybe some walnuts, too. We'll see.

Hah!! Saints preserve us!
--
-Barb, <www.jamlady.eboard.com> updated 3-5-04.
Rec.food.cooking's Preserved Fruit Administrator (I've got

Melba's Jammin' wrote:
> Well, guess what! I found the All-Bran BUDS at Byerly's.
> Not cheap! Moe than $4 for a smallish box. The look like
> Grape Nuts but do mush up in liquid.
>
> I made half the recipe and the first 18 are in the oven as
> we speak. Looks like I'll get a good 4-5 dozen from the
> half batch. I'm thinking about adding some blueberries to
> the last of them. Maybe some walnuts, too. We'll see.
>
> Hah!! Saints preserve us!

I vote for the walnuts or raisins. Blueberries will be
overpowered by the bran, and a waste of good blueberries.

Oatmeal Blueberry Muffins

1 1/4 C flour 1 egg, beaten 1 C rolled oats 1/2 C water
1/2 C sugar 1/2 C oil 1 tsp baking powder 1 C
blueberries (thawed)
2/2 tsp baking soda
3/4 tsp salt

thoroughly mix dry ingredients in one bowl and egg, water,
oil in another. stir egg mixture into dry just til mixed.
add berries. bake at 400° for 18-20 minutes. sprinkle with
cinnamon/sugar. makes about 12.

Best regards, Bob

>From: Melba's Jammin'

>Well, guess what! I found the All-Bran BUDS at Byerly's.
>Not cheap! Moe than $4 for a smallish box. The look like
>Grape Nuts but do mush up in liquid.

I realize that Bran Buds are different than raw bran, but
Bob's Red Mill Wheat Bran sells for 1.45 for 12 oz. That may
make a difference in your texture, but certainly nothing
that couldn't be compensated by with toasted walnuts,
blueberries and buttermilk. YUM!

Ellen

Melba's Jammin' <[email protected]> wrote in news:barbschaller-
[email protected]:

> Well, guess what! I found the All-Bran BUDS at Byerly's.
> Not cheap! Moe than $4 for a smallish box. The look like
> Grape Nuts but do mush up in liquid.
>
> I made half the recipe and the first 18 are in the oven as
> we speak. Looks like I'll get a good 4-5 dozen from the
> half batch. I'm thinking about adding some blueberries to
> the last of them. Maybe some walnuts, too. We'll see.
>
> Hah!! Saints preserve us!

I've had the best luck using dried bluberries or even need I
say it "Dried Cranberries"

--
Once during Prohibition I was forced to live for days on
nothing but food and water.

In article <[email protected]>,
Melba's Jammin' <[email protected]> wrote:
> I made half the recipe and the first 18 are in the oven as
> we speak. Looks like I'll get a good 4-5 dozen from the
> half batch. I'm thinking about adding some blueberries to
> the last of them. Maybe some walnuts, too. We'll see.
>
> Hah!! Saints preserve us!

OK, I lied. The half recipe made 2-1/2 dozen muffins. The
healthfulness of the bran cereal must be offset by all the
sugar therein. I never got around to the nuts and berries.
--
-Barb, <www.jamlady.eboard.com> updated 3-5-04.
Rec.food.cooking's Preserved Fruit Administrator (I've got
the button to prove it!) "Always in a jam, never in a stew;
sometimes in a pickle."

>OK, I lied. The half recipe made 2-1/2 dozen muffins. The
>healthfulness of the bran cereal must be offset by all the
>sugar therein. I never got around to the nuts and berries.
>
>-Barb

What, no twigs?

---= BOYCOTT FRENCH--GERMAN (belgium) =--- ---= Move UNITED
NATIONS To Paris =--- Sheldon ```````````` "Life would be
devoid of all meaning were it without tribulation."

Melba's Jammin' <[email protected]> deliciously posted in
news:[email protected]:

> Well, guess what! I found the All-Bran BUDS at Byerly's.
> Not cheap! Moe than $4 for a smallish box. The look like
> Grape Nuts but do mush up in liquid.
>
> I made half the recipe and the first 18 are in the oven as
> we speak. Looks like I'll get a good 4-5 dozen from the
> half batch. I'm thinking about adding some blueberries to
> the last of them. Maybe some walnuts, too. We'll see.
>
> Hah!! Saints preserve us!

Oh for God's sake! You and the muffin man. Anyway, mail some
out this way ;) I'm about to attempt a blackberry cobbler
tomorrow using 2 big bags of frozen blackberries that found
their way into the freezer. Wish me luck and any tips
appreciated.

Michael
--
Deathbed statement...

"Codeine . . . bourbon." ~~Tallulah Bankhead, actress, d.
December 12, 1968

zxcvbob wrote:
> Melba's Jammin' wrote:
>> Well, guess what! I found the All-Bran BUDS at Byerly's.
>> Not cheap! Moe than $4 for a smallish box. The look like
>> Grape Nuts but do mush up in liquid.
>>
>> I made half the recipe and the first 18 are in the oven
>> as we speak. Looks like I'll get a good 4-5 dozen from
>> the half batch. I'm thinking about adding some
>> blueberries to the last of them. Maybe some walnuts, too.
>> We'll see.
>>
>> Hah!! Saints preserve us!
>

> I vote for the walnuts or raisins. Blueberries will be
> overpowered by the bran, and a waste of good blueberries.
(snip yummy recipe)
> Bob

Is it even blueberry season? Or is she talking about (gasp)
frozen blueberries? Maybe she has preserved some
blueberries, though, and not in jam form. We are talking
about the Queen of canning :)

Jill