General fitness, health and nutrition · Public discussion

REMINDER: CHANGE THY CLOCKS

Started by Dee.Dee · · Last activity · 73 posts · 629 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
General fitness, health and nutrition
Published
4 November 2007
Last activity
7 November 2007
Original author
Dee.Dee
Posts
73
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
629
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 41–60 of 73
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. Dee.Dee said:


    Change your clocks.
    Happy sleeping.

    I had a phone call last week with a recorded message from the power company
    that we would have power outage for routine maintenance this morning some
    time between 8 and 10am this morning. Not a problem for me. I have a riding
    lesson at 9 am, which means leaving the house at 8:15 to give me time to
    drive there and get tasked up. The last few times I got the warning the
    power never went off until after I was gone.

    I had set my clocks back last night and got up at 7:10am. I had my
    breakfast, went online, checked email, did a few crosswords. I went
    upstairs at 8 am to get cleaned up. Too late..... the power went off at
    8:02. When I got home three hours later it was back on, but I had to go
    around and rest all the clocks.

  2. "Dee.Dee" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:


    "MareCat" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    "Dee.Dee" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:


    "MareCat" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...
    > <sf> wrote in message
    > news:[email hidden]...
    >> On Sun, 04 Nov 2007 13:51:18 GMT, "Michael \"Dog3\""
    >> <[email hidden]> wrote:
    >>
    >>>I don't much care what time it is either except the dog gets her meds
    >>>at
    >>>7am sharp. So I set the clocks. Except for the DVD player. I forgot
    >>>how
    >>>to do it.
    >>
    >> Was the DVD one that reset a couple of weeks ago? It should be the
    >> correct time today.
    >
    > I noticed (at least a week ago) that the website for our virtual
    > weather station (the weather station is in our backyard) displayed an
    > hour earlier than real time. All's OK now.
    >
    > Mary
    OT: Mary, what brand/model do you have.

    We have a Davis Instruments Vantage Pro (http://tinyurl.com/2zno24). It
    displays the current temperature, dew point, humidity, wind direction,
    heat index, rainfall so far that day, YTD rainfall, high and low
    temperatures for the day, etc. The info is delivered via Ambient
    Weather's Virtual Weather Station to a website that Hubby set up (he's a
    serious weather geek...).

    Mary

    Thanks so much, Mary. I will look at that carefully. I'm not yet a
    weather geek, but I want to buy 'once' only.

    I want to set up my own weather station and website for it, too. I see
    only one in my immediate area - about 10-20 miles away, but more towards
    the mountains.

    When I look at the different sites, I see that Davis is often used.
    Thanks.
    Dee Dee

    YW. Let me know if you need any more info or help setting that up (I don't
    know much about this stuff, but I can ask my DH).

    Mary

  3. "Dee.Dee" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:


    "MareCat" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    "Dee.Dee" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:


    "MareCat" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...
    > <sf> wrote in message
    > news:[email hidden]...
    >> On Sun, 04 Nov 2007 13:51:18 GMT, "Michael \"Dog3\""
    >> <[email hidden]> wrote:
    >>
    >>>I don't much care what time it is either except the dog gets her meds
    >>>at
    >>>7am sharp. So I set the clocks. Except for the DVD player. I forgot
    >>>how
    >>>to do it.
    >>
    >> Was the DVD one that reset a couple of weeks ago? It should be the
    >> correct time today.
    >
    > I noticed (at least a week ago) that the website for our virtual
    > weather station (the weather station is in our backyard) displayed an
    > hour earlier than real time. All's OK now.
    >
    > Mary
    OT: Mary, what brand/model do you have.

    We have a Davis Instruments Vantage Pro (http://tinyurl.com/2zno24). It
    displays the current temperature, dew point, humidity, wind direction,
    heat index, rainfall so far that day, YTD rainfall, high and low
    temperatures for the day, etc. The info is delivered via Ambient
    Weather's Virtual Weather Station to a website that Hubby set up (he's a
    serious weather geek...).

    Mary

    Thanks so much, Mary. I will look at that carefully. I'm not yet a
    weather geek, but I want to buy 'once' only.

    I want to set up my own weather station and website for it, too. I see
    only one in my immediate area - about 10-20 miles away, but more towards
    the mountains.

    When I look at the different sites, I see that Davis is often used.
    Thanks.
    Dee Dee

    YW. Let me know if you need any more info or help setting that up (I don't
    know much about this stuff, but I can ask my DH).

    Mary

  4. In article <[email hidden]>,
    [email hidden] says...

    Quoted message said:

    Change your clocks.
    Happy sleeping.

    All my networked stuff changed automatically but there are still four
    clocks and two watches that have no idea about daylight saving time
    ending later this year.

    That reminds me, I haven't checked my iPod yet. I bet that has the wrong
    time, at least until I sync it again.

  5. In article <[email hidden]>,
    [email hidden] says...

    Quoted message said:

    Change your clocks.
    Happy sleeping.

    All my networked stuff changed automatically but there are still four
    clocks and two watches that have no idea about daylight saving time
    ending later this year.

    That reminds me, I haven't checked my iPod yet. I bet that has the wrong
    time, at least until I sync it again.

  6. Steve Kramer <[email hidden]> dropped this news:fglp1r$24l$1
    @news.loxinfo.co.th: in rec.food.cooking

    Quoted message said:

    Why do things by halves? Turn back your calendars!!! I set mine back 10
    years and now my back doesn't hurt any more.

    ROFLMAO... I'd never turn my calendar back 10 years. I now know what I
    would have to look forward to ;(

    Michael
    --
    Too much fun! Click the card link and print 'em out.

    http://shorterlink.com/?87KN1V

    Send email to: michael at lonergan dot us dot com

  7. Steve Kramer <[email hidden]> dropped this news:fglp1r$24l$1
    @news.loxinfo.co.th: in rec.food.cooking

    Quoted message said:

    Why do things by halves? Turn back your calendars!!! I set mine back 10
    years and now my back doesn't hurt any more.

    ROFLMAO... I'd never turn my calendar back 10 years. I now know what I
    would have to look forward to ;(

    Michael
    --
    Too much fun! Click the card link and print 'em out.

    http://shorterlink.com/?87KN1V

    Send email to: michael at lonergan dot us dot com

  8. In article <[email hidden]>,
    [email hidden] says...

    Quoted message said:

    Andy <q> dropped this news:[email hidden]: in
    rec.food.cooking

    Quoted message said:

    Bobo Bonobo® said...

    Quoted message said:

    On Nov 4, 12:01 am, "Dee.Dee" <[email hidden]> wrote:
    > Change your clocks.
    > Happy sleeping.

    I got to work an hour early.
    >
    > --
    > Dee Dee

    --Bryan

    My cell phone clock changed automatically.

    Don't much care what time it is.

    I don't much care what time it is either except the dog gets her meds at
    7am sharp. So I set the clocks. Except for the DVD player. I forgot how
    to do it.

    Michael

    That's the one thing thing I find very interesting. My last VCR was a
    Philips unit that of all things would automatically get it's time
    updates from the local PBS station. That was a very nice little feature.

    DVD players don't act as tuners so there's no reason for them to time
    synchronize.

    I would bet though that the next device will be a combination DVR/Cable
    Box/DVD player. Then it'll just get the correct time off the cable
    network.

  9. In article <[email hidden]>,
    [email hidden] says...

    Quoted message said:

    Andy <q> dropped this news:[email hidden]: in
    rec.food.cooking

    Quoted message said:

    Bobo Bonobo® said...

    Quoted message said:

    On Nov 4, 12:01 am, "Dee.Dee" <[email hidden]> wrote:
    > Change your clocks.
    > Happy sleeping.

    I got to work an hour early.
    >
    > --
    > Dee Dee

    --Bryan

    My cell phone clock changed automatically.

    Don't much care what time it is.

    I don't much care what time it is either except the dog gets her meds at
    7am sharp. So I set the clocks. Except for the DVD player. I forgot how
    to do it.

    Michael

    That's the one thing thing I find very interesting. My last VCR was a
    Philips unit that of all things would automatically get it's time
    updates from the local PBS station. That was a very nice little feature.

    DVD players don't act as tuners so there's no reason for them to time
    synchronize.

    I would bet though that the next device will be a combination DVR/Cable
    Box/DVD player. Then it'll just get the correct time off the cable
    network.

  10. Steve Kramer said:

    Why do things by halves? Turn back your calendars!!! I set mine back
    10 years and now my back doesn't hurt any more.

    Steve Kramer
    "PhotoEnvisions" Photography
    Chiang Mai, Thailand
    http://www.photoenvisions.com

    ROFL! Good point! My shoulder wouldn't bother me if I did that! And I
    wouldn't spend nearly as much money on Oil of Olay heheh

    Jill

  11. Steve Kramer said:

    Why do things by halves? Turn back your calendars!!! I set mine back
    10 years and now my back doesn't hurt any more.

    Steve Kramer
    "PhotoEnvisions" Photography
    Chiang Mai, Thailand
    http://www.photoenvisions.com

    ROFL! Good point! My shoulder wouldn't bother me if I did that! And I
    wouldn't spend nearly as much money on Oil of Olay heheh

    Jill

  12. "MareCat" <[email hidden]> wrote in message news:ftadnTn->

    Quoted message said:

    YW. Let me know if you need any more info or help setting that up (I don't
    know much about this stuff, but I can ask my DH).

    Mary


    Thanks, Mary -- that's very nice of you.
    Dee Dee

  13. "MareCat" <[email hidden]> wrote in message news:ftadnTn->

    Quoted message said:

    YW. Let me know if you need any more info or help setting that up (I don't
    know much about this stuff, but I can ask my DH).

    Mary


    Thanks, Mary -- that's very nice of you.
    Dee Dee

  14. On Sun, 4 Nov 2007 16:51:37 -0500, "Dee.Dee" <[email hidden]>

    Quoted message said:

    Thanks so much, Mary. I will look at that carefully. I'm not yet a weather
    geek, but I want to buy 'once' only.

    I want to set up my own weather station and website for it, too. I see only
    one in my immediate area - about 10-20 miles away, but more towards the
    mountains.

    When I look at the different sites, I see that Davis is often used.
    Thanks.
    Dee Dee

    Do the big ones use web crawlers to collect data from web sites like
    you're going to set up or do you sign on to be a contributor to
    weather.com, weather underground etc?

    --
    See return address to reply by email
    remove the smiley face first

  15. On Sun, 4 Nov 2007 16:51:37 -0500, "Dee.Dee" <[email hidden]>

    Quoted message said:

    Thanks so much, Mary. I will look at that carefully. I'm not yet a weather
    geek, but I want to buy 'once' only.

    I want to set up my own weather station and website for it, too. I see only
    one in my immediate area - about 10-20 miles away, but more towards the
    mountains.

    When I look at the different sites, I see that Davis is often used.
    Thanks.
    Dee Dee

    Do the big ones use web crawlers to collect data from web sites like
    you're going to set up or do you sign on to be a contributor to
    weather.com, weather underground etc?

    --
    See return address to reply by email
    remove the smiley face first

  16. On Sun, 4 Nov 2007 19:34:37 -0600, "jmcquown" <[email hidden]>

    Quoted message said:
    Steve Kramer said:

    Why do things by halves? Turn back your calendars!!! I set mine back
    10 years and now my back doesn't hurt any more.

    Steve Kramer
    "PhotoEnvisions" Photography
    Chiang Mai, Thailand
    http://www.photoenvisions.com

    ROFL! Good point! My shoulder wouldn't bother me if I did that! And I
    wouldn't spend nearly as much money on Oil of Olay heheh


    Oil of Olay is for skin that's still in good shape. Eventually,
    you'll need this. 😉 http://tinyurl.com/2aclp3

    --
    See return address to reply by email
    remove the smiley face first

  17. On Sun, 4 Nov 2007 19:34:37 -0600, "jmcquown" <[email hidden]>

    Quoted message said:
    Steve Kramer said:

    Why do things by halves? Turn back your calendars!!! I set mine back
    10 years and now my back doesn't hurt any more.

    Steve Kramer
    "PhotoEnvisions" Photography
    Chiang Mai, Thailand
    http://www.photoenvisions.com

    ROFL! Good point! My shoulder wouldn't bother me if I did that! And I
    wouldn't spend nearly as much money on Oil of Olay heheh


    Oil of Olay is for skin that's still in good shape. Eventually,
    you'll need this. 😉 http://tinyurl.com/2aclp3

    --
    See return address to reply by email
    remove the smiley face first

  18. <sf> wrote in message news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    On Sun, 4 Nov 2007 16:51:37 -0500, "Dee.Dee" <[email hidden]>

    Quoted message said:

    Thanks so much, Mary. I will look at that carefully. I'm not yet a
    weather
    geek, but I want to buy 'once' only.

    I want to set up my own weather station and website for it, too. I see
    only
    one in my immediate area - about 10-20 miles away, but more towards the
    mountains.

    When I look at the different sites, I see that Davis is often used.
    Thanks.
    Dee Dee

    Do the big ones use web crawlers to collect data from web sites like
    you're going to set up or do you sign on to be a contributor to
    weather.com, weather underground etc?

    If you're asking me, sf --
    What I understand I'm going to try to do. is transmit only the data I
    collect, no one else's.

    Go to http://www.wunderground.com/US/VA/Winchester.html which is the nearest
    wunderground station nearest me. Scrolling down you will see all the
    personal weather stations, but if you

    scroll down to where it says: "The Back Road, Maurertown, VA." which is
    close to my home, but towards the mountains a little
    http://www.wunderground.com/weatherstation/WXDailyHistory.asp?ID=KVAMAURE1

    and if you scroll down on that page, you will see the "Tabular Data for
    November 4, 2007" which looks like it's being reported for every five
    minutes. Higher on the page it shows graphs.

    That basically is what I want to collect from my own weather station and
    submit as it reads.

    The site at Maurertown is available elsewhere, I can't locate it now, in a
    different abbreviated form where you can view it all on one page.

    Just for fun -- I'll pronounce Maurertown for you -- Moory town.

    Dee Dee

  19. <sf> wrote in message news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    On Sun, 4 Nov 2007 16:51:37 -0500, "Dee.Dee" <[email hidden]>

    Quoted message said:

    Thanks so much, Mary. I will look at that carefully. I'm not yet a
    weather
    geek, but I want to buy 'once' only.

    I want to set up my own weather station and website for it, too. I see
    only
    one in my immediate area - about 10-20 miles away, but more towards the
    mountains.

    When I look at the different sites, I see that Davis is often used.
    Thanks.
    Dee Dee

    Do the big ones use web crawlers to collect data from web sites like
    you're going to set up or do you sign on to be a contributor to
    weather.com, weather underground etc?

    If you're asking me, sf --
    What I understand I'm going to try to do. is transmit only the data I
    collect, no one else's.

    Go to http://www.wunderground.com/US/VA/Winchester.html which is the nearest
    wunderground station nearest me. Scrolling down you will see all the
    personal weather stations, but if you

    scroll down to where it says: "The Back Road, Maurertown, VA." which is
    close to my home, but towards the mountains a little
    http://www.wunderground.com/weatherstation/WXDailyHistory.asp?ID=KVAMAURE1

    and if you scroll down on that page, you will see the "Tabular Data for
    November 4, 2007" which looks like it's being reported for every five
    minutes. Higher on the page it shows graphs.

    That basically is what I want to collect from my own weather station and
    submit as it reads.

    The site at Maurertown is available elsewhere, I can't locate it now, in a
    different abbreviated form where you can view it all on one page.

    Just for fun -- I'll pronounce Maurertown for you -- Moory town.

    Dee Dee

  20. Doug Weller said:
    Dee.Dee said:

    Change your clocks.
    Happy sleeping.

    Again? I just did it last Sunday!
    :-)

    Doug

    We dwell in ARIZONA !

    Years ago, when the topic of daylight savings was raised,
    our legislature decided not to fuss with Mother Nature.

    We don't change our clocks.
    Works just fine.

    <rj>

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.