Removing brake blocks

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by Jeff S., Mar 8, 2003.

  1. Jeff S.

    Jeff S. Guest

    Hello. On my Chorus (10 speed differential version) brakes, I'm trying to find a way to remove (w/o
    destroying) the original brake blocks, such that they can be replaced with Kool Stop salmon pads.
    What works and won't break apart the original pieces. Thanks in advance.

    Tags:

  2. Garry N

    Garry N Guest

    Jeff, Drop them in a cup of very hot water for about 10 minutes. the matal expands a little and the
    pads are more plyable. Garry