Removing California Emissions?

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by Tom Nakashima, Feb 20, 2003.

  1. I know motorcycles are not required for smog check every two years, but has anyone ever been cited
    for removing the California emission devices off their bike? One of my friends told me there is a
    fine if you get caught. I also heard even the CHP removes the Cal emissions off their BMWs, not sure
    how true that is. -tom

    Tags:

  2. Sorry, wrong area...ment for ba.motorcycles.

    "Tom Nakashima" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > I know motorcycles are not required for smog check every two years, but
    has
    > anyone ever been cited for removing the California emission devices off their bike? One of my
    > friends told me there is a fine if you get caught. I also heard even the CHP removes the Cal
    > emissions off their BMWs, not sure how true that is. -tom

  3. Jon Isaacs

    Jon Isaacs Guest

    >I know motorcycles are not required for smog check every two years, but has anyone ever been cited
    >for removing the California emission devices off their bike? One of my friends told me there is a
    >fine if you get caught. I also heard even the CHP removes the Cal emissions off their BMWs, not
    >sure how true that is. -tom

    Just curious what sort of emissions controls might be in place on a bicycle??

    Beano perhaps??

    Jon Isaacs

  4. Ben Manthey

    Ben Manthey Guest

    Eau De Phil Wood

    "Jon Isaacs" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > >I know motorcycles are not required for smog check every two years, but
    has
    > >anyone ever been cited for removing the California emission devices off their bike? One of my
    > >friends told me there is a fine if you get caught. I also heard even the CHP removes the Cal
    > >emissions off their BMWs, not sure how true that is. -tom
    >
    > Just curious what sort of emissions controls might be in place on a
    bicycle??

    > Beano perhaps??
    >
    > Jon Isaacs

  5. Zulu - 5

    Zulu - 5 Guest

    Maybe gas (bean, if you know what I mean! :) ) Sorry, couldn't resist!