Removing California Emissions?

Tom Nakashima

Guest
I know motorcycles are not required for smog check every two years, but has anyone ever been cited
for removing the California emission devices off their bike? One of my friends told me there is a
fine if you get caught. I also heard even the CHP removes the Cal emissions off their BMWs, not sure
how true that is. -tom

Sorry, wrong area...ment for ba.motorcycles.

"Tom Nakashima" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> I know motorcycles are not required for smog check every two years, but
has
> anyone ever been cited for removing the California emission devices off their bike? One of my
> friends told me there is a fine if you get caught. I also heard even the CHP removes the Cal
> emissions off their BMWs, not sure how true that is. -tom

>I know motorcycles are not required for smog check every two years, but has anyone ever been cited
>for removing the California emission devices off their bike? One of my friends told me there is a
>fine if you get caught. I also heard even the CHP removes the Cal emissions off their BMWs, not
>sure how true that is. -tom

Just curious what sort of emissions controls might be in place on a bicycle??

Beano perhaps??

Jon Isaacs

Eau De Phil Wood

"Jon Isaacs" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> >I know motorcycles are not required for smog check every two years, but
has
> >anyone ever been cited for removing the California emission devices off their bike? One of my
> >friends told me there is a fine if you get caught. I also heard even the CHP removes the Cal
> >emissions off their BMWs, not sure how true that is. -tom
>
> Just curious what sort of emissions controls might be in place on a
bicycle??

> Beano perhaps??
>
> Jon Isaacs

Maybe gas (bean, if you know what I mean! :) ) Sorry, couldn't resist!