Removing decal

elyob

Guest
No access to a hairdryer ... any other proven methods of removing decal
stickers?

On Sun, 12 Aug 2007 13:24:36 +0100, "elyob" <[email protected]>
wrote:

>No access to a hairdryer ... any other proven methods of removing decal
>stickers?

Buy a hairdryer?

--
Ace in Alsace - brucedotrogers a.t rochedotcom

"Ace" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> On Sun, 12 Aug 2007 13:24:36 +0100, "elyob" <[email protected]>
> wrote:
>
>>No access to a hairdryer ... any other proven methods of removing decal
>>stickers?

> Buy a hairdryer?

I just bought some hair clippers ... so no need for hair dryer in my life.
However, not much good at removing decals.

Got any other really clever suggestions? How about "Borrow a hairdryer"?

On Sun, 12 Aug 2007 13:24:36 +0100
"elyob" <[email protected]> wrote:

> No access to a hairdryer ... any other proven methods of removing
> decal stickers?

You don't know any girlies, or are you just too shy to ask?

/me borrows hairdryer about 3 times a year to defrost the freezer.

What about volatile hydrocarbons sold for removing other organic stuff?

--
not me guv

Response to elyob:
> Got any other really clever suggestions? How about "Borrow a hairdryer"?

Meet some nice girl, chat her up, take her out a couple of times, really
get to know her; and when she's learnt to like and trust you, steal her
hairdryer.

Well, you did ask... :p

--
Mark, UK
"No, no, Cuthbert! Not the hose!"

> No access to a hairdryer ... any other proven methods of removing decal
> stickers?

No hairdryer? Just peel the frame off and leave the stickers.

--
Mark T

$$ This space for rent $$

"Mark T"
<pleasegivegenerously@warmail*turn_up_the_heat_to_reply*.com.invalid> wrote
in message news:[email protected]...
>> No access to a hairdryer ... any other proven methods of removing decal
>> stickers?

> No hairdryer? Just peel the frame off and leave the stickers.

Did I ever mention I don't like cheese with holes in it ... ?

"Mark McNeill" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Response to elyob:
>> Got any other really clever suggestions? How about "Borrow a hairdryer"?

> Meet some nice girl, chat her up, take her out a couple of times, really
> get to know her; and when she's learnt to like and trust you, steal her
> hairdryer.
>

> Well, you did ask... :p

Maybe I could just leave the frame in the sink?

On 12/08/2007 13:52, elyob said,

> Did I ever mention I don't like cheese with holes in it ... ?

The just eat the cheese and leave the holes :)

(Someone had to fill in the obvious punch-line!!)

--
Paul Boyd
http://www.paul-boyd.co.uk/

"Paul Boyd" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> On 12/08/2007 13:52, elyob said,
>
>> Did I ever mention I don't like cheese with holes in it ... ?

> The just eat the cheese and leave the holes :)
>
> (Someone had to fill in the obvious punch-line!!)

I think someone *didn't* need to fill in the obvious punch line ....

"Nick Kew" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> On Sun, 12 Aug 2007 13:24:36 +0100
> "elyob" <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>> No access to a hairdryer ... any other proven methods of removing
>> decal stickers?

> You don't know any girlies, or are you just too shy to ask?
>
> /me borrows hairdryer about 3 times a year to defrost the freezer.
>
> What about volatile hydrocarbons sold for removing other organic stuff?

The frame is around a friend's house, who is on holiday and I need to feed
their cat. Only have access to his garden and want to remove the decals
later today. So, no electricity and no hairdryer.

elyob wrote:

> "Nick Kew" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>
>> On Sun, 12 Aug 2007 13:24:36 +0100
>> "elyob" <[email protected]> wrote:
>>
>>> No access to a hairdryer ... any other proven methods of removing
>>> decal stickers?

>> You don't know any girlies, or are you just too shy to ask?
>>
>> /me borrows hairdryer about 3 times a year to defrost the freezer.
>>
>> What about volatile hydrocarbons sold for removing other organic stuff?
>>

> The frame is around a friend's house, who is on holiday and I need to
> feed their cat. Only have access to his garden and want to remove the
> decals later today. So, no electricity and no hairdryer.

ask a neighbour for ;oan of hairdryer. Tell them you need to dry the cat

On 12 Aug, 14:42, "elyob" <[email protected]> wrote:
> "Nick Kew" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>
> news:[email protected]...
>
> > On Sun, 12 Aug 2007 13:24:36 +0100
> > "elyob" <[email protected]> wrote:

> >> No access to a hairdryer ... any other proven methods of removing
> >> decal stickers?

> > You don't know any girlies, or are you just too shy to ask?

> > /me borrows hairdryer about 3 times a year to defrost the freezer.

> > What about volatile hydrocarbons sold for removing other organic stuff?

> The frame is around a friend's house, who is on holiday and I need to feed
> their cat. Only have access to his garden and want to remove the decals
> later today. So, no electricity and no hairdryer.

Really this is starting to get silly :) Its like asking how to build a
brick wall without access to mortar or bricks! Sticky stuff remover
works, as does heat. You cant make heat (in a controlled enough way)
without elec so go with sticky stuff remover. Otherwise try a brillo
pad but dont expect the frame to look nice after!

"Pete Whelan" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> elyob wrote:
>>
>> "Nick Kew" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>> news:[email protected]...

>>> You don't know any girlies, or are you just too shy to ask?
>>>
>>> /me borrows hairdryer about 3 times a year to defrost the freezer.
>>>
>>> What about volatile hydrocarbons sold for removing other organic stuff?
>>>

>> The frame is around a friend's house, who is on holiday and I need to
>> feed their cat. Only have access to his garden and want to remove the
>> decals later today. So, no electricity and no hairdryer.

> ask a neighbour for ;oan of hairdryer. Tell them you need to dry the cat

Normally it's the neighbours job to feed the cat. I think they've fallen out
!