removing paint from carbon fiber

I picked up a bike at a yard sale the paint is ugly and peeling. I was
thinking about getting under the paint with an exato.Any help is
apreciated

Thanks
Ron

[email protected] wrote:
> I picked up a bike at a yard sale the paint is ugly and peeling. I was
> thinking about getting under the paint with an exato.Any help is
> apreciated

Carbon fiber frame at a yard sale?

Greg

--
"All my time I spent in heaven
Revelries of dance and wine

G.T. wrote:
> [email protected] wrote:
>> I picked up a bike at a yard sale the paint is ugly and peeling. I
>> was thinking about getting under the paint with an exato.Any help is
>> apreciated
>>

> Carbon fiber frame at a yard sale?
>
> Greg

Old-school Giant Cadex and Specialized Allez comes to mind. ;)
--
Phil

I ride mb's this bike is a road bike. Trek U.S. Postal $20.00 i couldn't
pass it up . They said they wanted 20 for it, i couldn't get my money
out my wallet fast enough.

Then i got home i thought this bikes hot. I took the numbers to my
nieghbor (cop) he said not reported stolen.Waala i got a nice bike cheap
with an ugly paint job.

Ron

[email protected] wrote:
> I ride mb's this bike is a road bike. Trek U.S. Postal $20.00 i couldn't
> pass it up . They said they wanted 20 for it, i couldn't get my money
> out my wallet fast enough.
>
> Then i got home i thought this bikes hot. I took the numbers to my
> nieghbor (cop) he said not reported stolen.Waala i got a nice bike cheap
> with an ugly paint job.

A trek carbon road bike, nice? Thanks for the laugh.

JD likes postal anywho

Greg i thought the same leave it scrapy looking but a winter project
woud be cool too.

J.D. i guess the laugh was because its a road bike. I guess roadies are
funny with there tight panties and matching shirts. But i enjoy riding
period. Dirt, street Harleys hell i tried unicycles.
It's funny im on my bmx mbers snob me. I rider my mb, bmxers and roadies
snob me. I'm on my old schwinn road bike it's cool i look like a bum.I
ride my 73 Sportser my buddies call it a dirt bike. The only time i get
respect is on my Superglide.

I guess it is funny

Ron

[email protected] wrote:
> Greg i thought the same leave it scrapy looking but a winter project
> woud be cool too.
>
> J.D. i guess the laugh was because its a road bike. I guess roadies are
> funny with there tight panties and matching shirts. But i enjoy riding
> period. Dirt, street Harleys hell i tried unicycles.
> It's funny im on my bmx mbers snob me. I rider my mb, bmxers and roadies
> snob me. I'm on my old schwinn road bike it's cool i look like a bum.I
> ride my 73 Sportser my buddies call it a dirt bike. The only time i get
> respect is on my Superglide.
>
> I guess it is funny
>
> Ron

Take that bad boy to a pro painter or independent bike builder. Unless
it's old and been beat up, you've gotta figure it's worth at least high
$hundreds. Well worth a low $hundreds in good paint.

I have nothing but contempt and anger for those who betray the
trust by exposing the name of our sources. They are, in my view,
the most insidious of traitors."
George H.W. Bush, April 16, 1999,

<[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> I ride mb's this bike is a road bike. Trek U.S. Postal $20.00 i couldn't
> pass it up . They said they wanted 20 for it, i couldn't get my money
> out my wallet fast enough.
>
> Then i got home i thought this bikes hot. I took the numbers to my
> nieghbor (cop) he said not reported stolen.Waala i got a nice bike cheap
> with an ugly paint job.
>
> Ron

If it was painted over and you got it for $20, I am assuming it was
originally stolen and painted to disguise it.

- CA-G

Can-Am Girls Kick Ass!

Original paint job. As i said i ran the numbers it is not recorded
stolen. If your that stupid to not write down serial numbers you don't
deserve a bike like this.

The only reason i want to paint it is i don't like the paint job.It
looks like a freakin bilboard. Plus it would be a winter project.

Ron

<[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Original paint job. As i said i ran the numbers it is not recorded
> stolen. If your that stupid to not write down serial numbers you don't
> deserve a bike like this.
>
> The only reason i want to paint it is i don't like the paint job.It
> looks like a freakin bilboard. Plus it would be a winter project.
>
> Ron

Convert it into a fixie. Great for winter riding and keeping in shape.

- CA-G

Can-Am Girls Kick Ass!

Carla A-G wrote:
> Convert it into a fixie. Great for winter riding and keeping in shape.

OK. You lost me on that one. Tell me why a fixie is good for winter
riding.

--
o-o-o-o Ride-A-Lot o-o-o-o
www.schnauzers.ws

Ride-A-Lot wrote:
> Carla A-G wrote:
>
>> Convert it into a fixie. Great for winter riding and keeping in shape.

> OK. You lost me on that one. Tell me why a fixie is good for winter
> riding.

More workout in less time, is my experience. Can't gear it so your
grinding along at 75 rpm all the time though, or your knees (well mine
anyway) will make you regret it.

Shawn

"Ride-A-Lot" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> OK. You lost me on that one. Tell me why a fixie is >good for winter
> riding.

Ok, trust me on this one, I know it sounds wrong and crazy but...a fixie is
much better in icy, snowy, winter conditions because it provides much better
control than a bike with a freewheel. If understand how a fixie works, you
will not slip nor fall on ice or snow, you will have total control of how
the rear wheel moves. A lot of roadies use fixies in the winter for training
because of the safety it provides and it gives you a harder workout
(depending what gear ratio you use). Ok, all fixie riders chime in...

- CA-G

Can-Am Girls Kick Ass!

Carla A-G wrote:
> "Ride-A-Lot" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>
>> OK. You lost me on that one. Tell me why a fixie is >good for winter
>> riding.

> Ok, trust me on this one, I know it sounds wrong and crazy but...a fixie is
> much better in icy, snowy, winter conditions because it provides much better
> control than a bike with a freewheel. If understand how a fixie works, you
> will not slip nor fall on ice or snow, you will have total control of how
> the rear wheel moves. A lot of roadies use fixies in the winter for training
> because of the safety it provides and it gives you a harder workout
> (depending what gear ratio you use). Ok, all fixie riders chime in...
>
> - CA-G
>
> Can-Am Girls Kick Ass!

OK. I think I get it. Kind of like positraction for a bike.

--
o-o-o-o Ride-A-Lot o-o-o-o
www.schnauzers.ws

Carla A-G wrote:

> Ok, trust me on this one, I know it sounds wrong and crazy but...a fixie is
> much better in icy, snowy, winter conditions because it provides much better
> control than a bike with a freewheel.

[...]
>Ok, all fixie riders chime in...

As a fixie rider from Buffalo, I guess I ought to have some insight
into this. Frankly, I don't entirely get the "better in winter" thing.
Maybe if your spin is perfect. When I hit a patch of ice on a bike with
a freewheel, I immediately enter a completely neutral coast. This is
impossible on a fix, and if your spin is even a little off, you're
going to break your rear tire free. Every wreck I have had on the fix
has been of this type: losing traction on the rear in slippery
conditions. So I'm not convinced.

CC

"Corvus Corvax" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> Carla A-G wrote:
> >
> > Ok, trust me on this one, I know it sounds wrong and crazy but...a fixie

is
> > much better in icy, snowy, winter conditions because it provides much

better
> > control than a bike with a freewheel.

> [...]
> >Ok, all fixie riders chime in...

> As a fixie rider from Buffalo, I guess I ought to have some insight
> into this. Frankly, I don't entirely get the "better in winter" thing.
> Maybe if your spin is perfect. When I hit a patch of ice on a bike with
> a freewheel, I immediately enter a completely neutral coast. This is
> impossible on a fix, and if your spin is even a little off, you're
> going to break your rear tire free. Every wreck I have had on the fix
> has been of this type: losing traction on the rear in slippery
> conditions. So I'm not convinced.
>
> CC

We have ridden the LI winter conditions with the fixies, so far, no wrecks.

- CA-G

Can-Am Girls Kick Ass!

Carla A-G wrote:
> "Corvus Corvax" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>
>>Carla A-G wrote:
>>
>>>Ok, trust me on this one, I know it sounds wrong and crazy but...a fixie

> is
>
>>>much better in icy, snowy, winter conditions because it provides much

> better
>
>>>control than a bike with a freewheel.

>>[...]
>>
>>>Ok, all fixie riders chime in...

>>As a fixie rider from Buffalo, I guess I ought to have some insight
>>into this. Frankly, I don't entirely get the "better in winter" thing.
>>Maybe if your spin is perfect. When I hit a patch of ice on a bike with
>>a freewheel, I immediately enter a completely neutral coast. This is
>>impossible on a fix, and if your spin is even a little off, you're
>>going to break your rear tire free. Every wreck I have had on the fix
>>has been of this type: losing traction on the rear in slippery
>>conditions. So I'm not convinced.
>>
>>CC

> We have ridden the LI winter conditions with the fixies, so far, no wrecks.

I was thinking along the lines of CC. Then as I realized that a lot of
fixie riders live on their bike, and could handle all sorts of road
conditions on bare rims if they had to. I think the bike isn't better,
the rider is.

Shawn